• Reply to: Still life : lovely wild ...   12 years 1 week ago

Nicolas,

That's a lovely picture! And it's great to see some fly fishing from places, which we don't often connect with our passtime.

Keep on posting.

• Reply to: Boney Flies   12 years 1 week ago

Hi Martin,

How goes it mate?

Just read with interest your piece on bonefish patterns. Thought you might be interested to know of a "New, Old" pattern that is number 1 in my box at the moment.

Funnily enough it came about from a fly I "borrowed" from your sea trout box one day when you wern't looking ;-) I think you call it a Bjarke?

Anyway, I recieved a very nice bleached grizzle cape from Chevron Hackles a while back. The tannish colour tones immeadiatly made me think of bonefish.

Basically the fly looks like this.

Hook- size 6 or 8
    Tail: A few strands of "root beer" crystal flash.
    Body: Dubbed tan fur, nice and spikey.
    Hackle: As mentioned above, palmered the whole length of the shank and clipped flat underneath.
    Eyes: small, gold bead chain.

I fished the inside flats at Deadmans Cay, Long Island back in June. Was very lucky with the weather and the conditions made for some classic, ultra shallow water, wade bonefishing. The fish were spooky and ambush tactics were the order of the week. The pattern above outfished just about anything I had in my box by a mile.

Who said bonefish aint selective?

Cheers

Paul

• Reply to: ... perca with the hook f...   12 years 1 week ago

Artistic: It's like a painting abstraction (colors, composition....) I love this picture (the yellow one too) Jean-Louis

• Reply to: Simple Streamers   12 years 1 week ago

This instruction is terrific: clear, simple and easy to follow with great photos of fishy-looking patterns. I especially like the tying tips. Thanks, Bob.

• Reply to: Flytyers Masterclass   12 years 1 week ago

Olli,

You might consider a mail to Coch-y-Bonddu, which carries a lot of used books and might get a used copy of this one now and then.

• Reply to: Flytyers Masterclass   12 years 1 week ago

Does anyone know where to get this book now a days, all I get is "out of print" answers.

any help appreciated.

Olli

• Reply to: The Zuddler   12 years 1 week ago

Hey Joe.I live here in NY.I am minutes from the Catt,So I fish this trib often.The pressure here is getting as such that it has become elbo to elbo combat fishing.My post is this.The picture is a great post.But the fact that you and others have to name these wonderful places and adding the fact that you have a picture of where to go,,,Well I think maybe you should rethink what you are doing to our waters.TIght Lines,Happy trails to you and to yours.

• Reply to: Death and the flybox   12 years 2 weeks ago

"I broke my Aquafly flybox yesterday!"

Shit happens when you dont buy C&F boxes ;-)

• Reply to: Iton brown trout fighting...   12 years 2 weeks ago

again woderful photo and moment...from me 6 points

• Reply to: Grafham water just before...   12 years 2 weeks ago

composition little fall to left, but atmosphere and colors are fantastic...from me 6 points...great

• Reply to: DIY Rod Tubes   12 years 2 weeks ago

The pictures indicate tubes of ABS not PVC. Is this correct?

• Reply to: Spawning fish. I'm not s...   12 years 2 weeks ago