• Reply to: Bamboo part 1   12 years 5 months ago

You can read more about heat treating bamboo with a toaster in Preben Torp Jacobsen's article.

• Reply to: Bamboo part 1   12 years 5 months ago

I am wanting to make my own bamboo flyrod. I see I need to heat treat it. Can you give me any ideas on how to do this without an oven? I've see where you can use a steel pipe or make your own. Can you tell me how to do this? Thanks for your time matt

• Reply to: Boney Flies   12 years 5 months ago

Very good!!!!

• Reply to: A muskie I landed alone w...   12 years 5 months ago

It was released of course.

• Reply to: Still life : lovely wild ...   12 years 6 months ago

Thanks Martin. I truely love your own pictures and this website, so I really appreciate your comment.

Despite agriculture and the French "catch and kill" mentality, there are still some interesting places in France (flyfishing wise). Beautiful rivers, wild fish ... but fishing is usually quite tough.

• Reply to: Strike Indicator Scientology   12 years 6 months ago

This is an awesome website! Have you seen the new mini Fish Pimps made by Angling Evolution. I have yet to try them but will in the next couple of days.

• Reply to: Fishing in the sunup   12 years 6 months ago

The scene just kept on becoming more and more beautiful. This was a very foggy morning, and even after the sun was above the horizon the veiw was magnificent. Usually the magic disappears once the sun clears the horizon, but not here. The fantastic light didn't vanish before the fog had been burned off.

• Reply to: Still life : lovely wild ...   12 years 6 months ago

That's a lovely picture! And it's great to see some fly fishing from places, which we don't often connect with our passtime.

Keep on posting.

• Reply to: Boney Flies   12 years 6 months ago

Hi Martin,

How goes it mate?

Just read with interest your piece on bonefish patterns. Thought you might be interested to know of a "New, Old" pattern that is number 1 in my box at the moment.

Funnily enough it came about from a fly I "borrowed" from your sea trout box one day when you wern't looking ;-) I think you call it a Bjarke?

Anyway, I recieved a very nice bleached grizzle cape from Chevron Hackles a while back. The tannish colour tones immeadiatly made me think of bonefish.

Basically the fly looks like this.

Hook- size 6 or 8
    Tail: A few strands of "root beer" crystal flash.
    Body: Dubbed tan fur, nice and spikey.
    Hackle: As mentioned above, palmered the whole length of the shank and clipped flat underneath.
    Eyes: small, gold bead chain.

I fished the inside flats at Deadmans Cay, Long Island back in June. Was very lucky with the weather and the conditions made for some classic, ultra shallow water, wade bonefishing. The fish were spooky and ambush tactics were the order of the week. The pattern above outfished just about anything I had in my box by a mile.

Who said bonefish aint selective?

• Reply to: ... perca with the hook f...   12 years 6 months ago

Artistic: It's like a painting abstraction (colors, composition....) I love this picture (the yellow one too) Jean-Louis

• Reply to: Simple Streamers   12 years 6 months ago

This instruction is terrific: clear, simple and easy to follow with great photos of fishy-looking patterns. I especially like the tying tips. Thanks, Bob.

• Reply to: Flytyers Masterclass   12 years 6 months ago

You might consider a mail to Coch-y-Bonddu, which carries a lot of used books and might get a used copy of this one now and then.