• Reply to: Lagathu's shrimp   12 years 3 months ago

I am Mary, live in georgia , is trying my best to learn how to cast my fly rod and what to use on my rod and my spinners. I find the things you have so overwhelming I think I can make one of these shrimp things. do you have some simple one for a beginner like me.

• Reply to: Heavy weather   12 years 3 months ago

BEAUTIFUL PICTURES

• Reply to: The Rocket   12 years 3 months ago

When the fly is done, there will be a small piece of the tube protruding in the rear of the fly under the materials. Press a piece of slightly larger diameter soft tube over this as an extension. This extension serves as a guide for the hook. When the hook is attached it will be drawn into the soft tube and sit fairly tight there.

• Reply to: The Rocket   12 years 3 months ago

I don't understand step 34. Never have tied a tube fly before.

• Reply to: Two eight pound seatrouts...   12 years 3 months ago

magnificent fishes...uau..!!!

• Reply to: A floater   12 years 3 months ago

This picture is actually part of an article on the "pattern". Click on the picture to see the article.

• Reply to: A floater   12 years 3 months ago

I like to tie flies all sizes and all kinds. I like the Prop Popper A Floater. I would like to have the tying pattern on this fly. Thank You Carl

• Reply to: Angler in the mist   12 years 4 months ago

Alex,

Thanks for your kind comment!
    This picture was shot with a Provia 100 and scanned in color, then converted to B/W.
    Some of the other pics are digital, taken with a Nikon D70 SLR or a Canon PowerShot 80 point-and-shoot.

• Reply to: Break a rod   12 years 4 months ago

Comment on number 9. A better cast using a heavy fly or bead head fly is the Belgium cast, i.e., a sidearm back cast coming into an overhead forward cast. Imagine drawing a capital letter "D" in the air. You don't get great distance but it sure saves the rod damage!

• Reply to: Bamboo part 6   12 years 4 months ago

Does Mr. Boyd continue to use Shell Epon for gluing his rod strips? Anything new regarding the Versamid choices?
    Thank you.

• Reply to: Angler in the mist   12 years 4 months ago

I like the power illustrated by using B&W in general.The picture becomes more real! Want brand of film do you use and the ISO rate. Photography is a hobby of mine,but due to lack the lack of knowledge in taking b&w I use Velvia (slide) most of the time.
    They are all great pictures!
    Thanks
    Alex

• Reply to: Sunset casting   12 years 4 months ago

very nice photo, really, great