Find it all
Results 1-10, 9572 total, on "not only do" (0.44 seconds)
"do", is too short a word and was ignored.
"not", is a very common word and was ignored.
1. Only the River Knows - Only the River Knows is a brand new, 80-minute fly fishing film shot in New Zealand, Australia, Norway and Sweden. The main part of the film takes place by the legendary Lethe River on New Zealand's wild and wondrous South Island. Back in 1988, one of the most iconic fly fishers of our time, Lars Lenth, spent three months exploring the fabled river and fishing for its abnormally large trout. At night, he would sit down in a remote cabin and write down his experiences in a journal. Nearly 25 years later, the young trout bum Rolf Nylinder looses his way in the wilderness near Lethe. By chance, he finds the long-lost journal, full of insights about the very soul of fly fishing. Along with Rolf on the trip is documentarist Peter Christensen, filming their mostly failing attempts to catch trout, and Rolf's ever-growing obsession of the journal. The entire journal of Lars Lenth has been reconstructed by an extensive and ambitious team of cinematographers and crew members. The young, sensitive and freedom-loving Lenth is played by Danish fly fishing ace and actor Mikkel PoppelhĂ¸j, who had to practise four hours daily for six months to be able to cast as well as the role necessitated. Only the River Knows has been produced by Peter Christensen and Rolf Nylinder from Kokkaffe Conglomerate on a very tight budget (called Mastercard). Early reviews have been very positive, and we hope many of you out there will enjoy the film, and share the wonders of fly fishing with us. Here are a few: "A Herculean effort", Ryan Peterson, Eastern Rises (we hope Ryan doesn't refer to the Disney character) "Just when I thought fly fishing films couldn't get any better, Peter and Rolf raised the bar, yet again!", Nick Pujic, Fly Max Films On our website onlytheriverknows.com you can find dealers or order the film directly through our webshop. Just click the link in the end of the film. Every dollars, dime and cent will go into making new film, and we feel blessed to have received so much support from the fly fishing world already. Enjoy and lots of love, Peter and Rolf Kokkaffe Conglomerate Read more in our article about the project - fly fishing video channel - Global FlyFisher
... Only the River Knows - Only the River Knows is a brand new, 80-minute fly fishing film shot in New Zealand, Australia, Norway and Sweden. The main pa... ...l as the role necessitated. Only the River Knows has been produced by Peter Christensen and Rolf Nylinder from Kokkaffe Conglomerate on a very tight b... ...Rolf raised the bar, yet again! , Nick Pujic, Fly Max Films On our website onlytheriverknows.c... ...est rated Most viewed By date Alphabetical Originators Random Search About Only the Ri...
2. Another Year of the Giants - My annual report from Iceland for the 2010 season was - Global FlyFisher
...I went there with no expectations on a bright frosty morning but only after 10 minutes of fishing, I set one of my new fly designs, Spider NJ, in a ni... ...th brown trout up to only 74 centimeters or 29 inches, which was a nice fat female fish. I broke the line on a fish around 4 kilos or 8 lbs. But it's ... ...r S Stefánsson Steini whom I can only recommend. We hooked into three salmon already the first evening and landed two of them, being fresh specimens o... ... I was ready to call it a day after only one hour of fishing, Steini spotted a good sized salmon holding a few meters from the bank in the pool Skridu...
3. Spring comes - Many Danish anglers await the day that the ice brakes in the fjords of Sjaelland, if you are there when it happens you can run into some insanely good fishing. This day we didn't, only some of the ice was gone, and the fishing was only good, not crazy good! - fly fishing video channel - Global FlyFisher
... only some of the ice was gone, and the fishing was only good, not crazy good! - fly fishing video channel - Global FlyFisher The Global FlyFisher - O... ...s day we didn't, only some of the ice was gone, and the fishing was only good, not crazy good! Originator: Inwaders Media Submitter: Martin Joergensen... ...d Want to comment this page? Fill out the form below. Comment Only comments in English are accepted! Comentarios en Ingles solamente, por favor! Your ... ...ML, images, ads or links , please - we do not publish such comments... And only English language comments will be published. Name and email is optiona...
4. Steelhead and Spines - Our addiction to mountains and rivers has always had us looking north to Alaska, where big fish and mountains existed on a level we had only experienced in our dreams. As the winter of 2012 continued to disappoint in the lower 48, it was obvious that Alaska was being buried in snow. It seemed like the time was right, that maybe after 10 years of "practice" in Utah, we were ready for our journey north. We hit the road in March, putting everything we had into our first and for all we knew, our last adventure to Alaska, with two things on our mind, steelhead and spines. We joined forces with three of our friends from Utah, for a ski-plane assisted camping expedition in the heart of south eastern Alaska's backcountry. Over 50 miles by wing from the nearest road, our pilot dropped the 5 of us off on a big lonely glacier encircled by jagged mountains, and in the spirit of adventure, wished us good luck. We would need it. From that point on, the feeling of being completely alone in a wild and unknown land for the first time in our lives penetrated every cell in our bodies. Only one person in our group had ever been to Alaska, Chris Coulter. On day 8 when he suddenly left to work in Haines as a heli guide, the feeling of isolation crept deeper into our minds, and it had never felt so good. We chose to do this trip without any guides, plans, itineraries, or rules simply because we wanted to have our own experience. We wanted it to be raw, unknown, and we wanted it to be an adventure. Of course the style we chose made things much more difficult for us than they could have been, but the feeling of accomplishment was immense. We found glorious spines to ride, and stumbled upon one of the best runs of wild Steelhead in the world. Returning home safely from our first journey to Alaska signified a successful mission, along with the wonderful new memories from the greatest riding and fishing experiences of our lives. http://facebook.com/provobros http://ianprovo.com http://neilprovo.com Big thanks to Outdoor Research, Orvis, Backcountry.com, Voile, and Smith Optics music: "Elephant" - Tame Impala "Golden" - Tired Eyes Music "Bicycle Bicycle" - Early B "Distant Time" - Tired Eyes Music "Such a Sky" - Tired Eyes Music "Shining Sun Riddim" - Riga / Hemp Higher Prod. "Heaven's on Fire" - The Radio Dept. - fly fishing video channel - Global FlyFisher
...ng north to Alaska, where big fish and mountains existed on a level we had only experienced in our dreams. A... ... land for the first time in our lives penetrated every cell in our bodies. Only one person in our group had ever been to Alaska, Chris Coulter. On day... ...ng north to Alaska, where big fish and mountains existed on a level we had only experienced in our dreams. As the winter of 2012 conti... ... land for the first time in our lives penetrated every cell in our bodies. Only one person in our group had ever been to Alaska, Chris Coulter. On day...
5. The brown trout rivers of Estonia - Unknown and undiscovered. The pristine brown trout rivers of Estonia - Global FlyFisher
...you can see beautiful nature, countryside and welcoming locals. In Europe, only few people know anything about this country and even fewer know that h... ...urope, but Estonia is unique in a way that most countries aren't. It takes only one hour driving from the center of... ... fish hold in deeper stretches where they swim near the bottom and usually only takes streamers and nymphs. In such stretches fish can be up to 50 cen... ... trout streams: I didn't see him and I didn't know that there was someone, only his flashing glasses in the...
6. Only the River Knows - A Fly Fishing Tragedy - Peter A Christensen, Rolf Nylinder, Mathis Eskjaer - video/DVD review - Global FlyFisher
... Only the River Knows - A Fly Fishing Tragedy - Peter A Christensen, Rolf Nylinder, Mathis Eskjaer - video/DVD review - Global FlyFisher The Global Fl... ...| Reviews | Videos | Comment GFF video/DVD review Only the River Knows A Fly Fishing Tragedy Instructor, narrator, producer etc.: Peter A Christensen,... ...oks and videos By Peter A Christensen, Rolf Nylinder, Mathis Eskjaer Title Only the River Knows Production Kokkaffe Conglomerate, 2012 Running 84 minu... ... again. And not least a celebration of the fly-fishing film. No, there are only a few tragic elements in the film, and even they aren't particularly t...
7. Flyfishing for bonefish, tarpon, sharks and much more in the Bahamas - Bahamian Rhapsody II - The gang of four is back - Global FlyFisher
...y fish seemed to disagree and were seldomly there in big numbers. We found only... ...ficult time and I only managed to present the fly properly once. Fish were moving faster than normal and the length of that cast was not more than 8 m... ...he fly would be great. They appear on my Adriatic sessions only when I leave flyrod at home anyway. I took my Shimano Stand up rod and TLD reel, to ha... ...me people consider Atlantic ocean poor in comparision with Pacific – I can only imagine the life on THAT side! Surprisingly Inch asked us wh...
8. Patterns - All the great fly patterns - The best dry flies, wet flies, nymphs, streamers - Material lists and tying instructions - Global FlyFisher
...ted a very simple pattern which is extremely durable and very easy to tie. Only a few materials are needed to tie a great pattern which is hig... ...rs it for turbulent water and autumn fishing. The fly is simple, one color only, and one of these universal flies that can catch anything. The Copper ... ...t and a very universal small fish imitation, which has not only caught thousands of sea trout, but would very likely also be able to catch almost anyt... ...Tabou Caddis Emerger Published: 2006-02-06 More than 5 years ago Made with only two materials, this highly effective caddis emerger pattern will take ...
9. A story about beginning a sea trout fishing career - The bad beginning - ...or The Sonsequences of the Second Cast - Global FlyFisher
The Global FlyFisher A story about beginning a sea trout fishing career - The bad beginningA story about beginning a sea trout fishing career - The
10. Book Reviews - All you ever wanted to read - Global FlyFisher
...that new books are just updates to old ideas. That may be true if you read only about fishing in your area. This book was written by anglers in... ...uratively if not literally. It is not only exceedingly well researched, it's a good read. Clousers Flies Published: 2007-01-08 A couple of years ago T... ...tive Fly Tying Published: 2006-05-08 More than 3 years ago While there are only 12 chapters in the book, e... ...yes run over this book. Not only are Francisco Bedeschi's images fantastic, but the landscapes and rivers they depict are nothing short of amazing. Tr...