The Global FlyFisher - The Largest and Best Place to go for Online Fly Fishing and Fly Tying
Find it all
Results 1-10, 13001 total, on "not only do" (0.93 seconds)
"do", is too short a word and was ignored.
"not", is a very common word and was ignored.
2. Only the River Knows - Only the River Knows is a brand new, 80-minute fly fishing film shot in New Zealand, Australia, Norway and Sweden. The main part of the film takes place by the legendary Lethe River on New Zealand's wild and wondrous South Island. Back in 1988, one of the most iconic fly fishers of our time, Lars Lenth, spent three months exploring the fabled river and fishing for its abnormally large trout. At night, he would sit down in a remote cabin and write down his experiences in a journal. Nearly 25 years later, the young trout bum Rolf Nylinder looses his way in the wilderness near Lethe. By chance, he finds the long-lost journal, full of insights about the very soul of fly fishing. Along with Rolf on the trip is documentarist Peter Christensen, filming their mostly failing attempts to catch trout, and Rolf's ever-growing obsession of the journal. The entire journal of Lars Lenth has been reconstructed by an extensive and ambitious team of cinematographers and crew members. The young, sensitive and freedom-loving Lenth is played by Danish fly fishing ace and actor Mikkel PoppelhĂ¸j, who had to practise four hours daily for six months to be able to cast as well as the role necessitated. Only the River Knows has been produced by Peter Christensen and Rolf Nylinder from Kokkaffe Conglomerate on a very tight budget (called Mastercard). Early reviews have been very positive, and we hope many of you out there will enjoy the film, and share the wonders of fly fishing with us. Here are a few: "A Herculean effort", Ryan Peterson, Eastern Rises (we hope Ryan doesn't refer to the Disney character) "Just when I thought fly fishing films couldn't get any better, Peter and Rolf raised the bar, yet again!", Nick Pujic, Fly Max Films On our website onlytheriverknows.com you can find dealers or order the film directly through our webshop. Just click the link in the end of the film. Every dollars, dime and cent will go into making new film, and we feel blessed to have received so much support from the fly fishing world already. Enjoy and lots of love, Peter and Rolf Kokkaffe Conglomerate Read more in our article about the project - fly fishing video channel - Global FlyFisher
4. The Rising Sea Trout - Thanks to the people mentioned and especially thanks to the volunteers working with conserving the wild danish trouts in their natural waters. See my photo story about the rising seatrout: http://www.hoholtphoto.com/Therisingseatrout/ Although nearly all books about trout fishing tell us that sea trout aint eating in fresh water, that is far from the truth. Trouts dont read books, so they break our rules and sometimes amazing things happen: Some of those fish fix their sight to the surface to eat drifting mayflies, and those fish will rise for a fly fishermans dry fly. In the summer of 2014 a group of friends set out to spend their time along a few danish streams only to chase sea trout. Believing a curse will fall over them, if they try to catch a trout on heathen lures like wooly buggers and black zulus, they're only armed with dry flies like foam beetles and traditional may flies on thin tippets. This is the story of the young mens journey, running in to diffenrent obstacles on their way. Heatwave and no fish, strong winds making fly fishing nearly impossible and finally true love for trout. Beside from Denmarks small size, the streams and small rivers have some of the largest populations of sea run brown trout (sea trout) in europe. Video: Daniel Holm - www.flytying.eu Henrik Ravn, Christian Boyum and Jonas HĂ¸holt Edit and grading: Jonas HĂ¸holt - www.hoholtphoto.com Music: Nigel Stanford - Timescapes - with special permission from Nigel himself. Check him out at www.nigelstanford.com/ Lights and Motion - Aerials Tony Anderson - The Father's Heart Licensed through www.themusicbed.com Drop of water in the ocean - Broke for Free (http://brokeforfree.com) Filaments - Podington Bear (http://podingtonbear.com) Equip: 5D Mark III @720p 60fps 7D @720p 60fps A couple of Iphones GoPro Hero 3 GoPole Headmount Canon mics Intervalometers for timelapse - fly fishing video channel - Global FlyFisher
5. ChasingWaters - Dry Run - Todays episode of Chasing Waters features Dry Run Creek which is adjacent to the Norfork National Fish Hatchery and receives the rich hatchery outfall. This small stream has been designated a fish-for-fun fishery. The stream is absolutely teaming with rainbow and brown trout and also has some brook and cutthroats. Only kids under 16 and handicapped (100 % disable) may fish here. Only barb-less single-hook artificials may be used. All trout must be released immediately. Today the Chasing Waters "Jr. Staff" Get's Bent on The Fly! To book a trip to Dry Run, order the materials used in the red headed stranger, or buy toad fly and chasing waters gear go to http://thetoadfly.com - fly fishing video channel - Global FlyFisher
6. Zako River - canyoning & fly fishing - Japan, a country with small land area. While so much of our nature on this planet has been touched and reshaped by humans, Zako River in Shiga Kogen is a valuable river on earth where only wild chars inhabit. It is the river that local predecessors have cared for. There is a number of attractive waterfalls on Zako River, some only known by the locals. In this film, two men takes their steps toward a waterfall to fly fish with a breathtaking view. Although its expedition can be rough at times, they will be rewarded with a delightful view at the destination. This film invites us to appreciate the beauty of Japanese nature, Sawakudari (canyoning), and fly fishing. DIRECTOR & PRODUCER : KOICHI MAKINO (Livethere Films : http://livetherefilms.com/) VIDEO & PHOTOGRAPHER : NOBUHIKO ABE, SHO FUJIMAKI ASSISTANT STAFF : JUN YAMAGISHI, HIROYUKI AZEGAMI, NAOMI FUJIMAKI SUPPORT STAFF : EMIKO MAKINO TRANSLATOR : AYAMI MAKINO, MASAKAZU SATO music: AND FOLLOW - Alterlabel (Jamendo) Acoustic Adventure - FamilyMan (audiojungle) A Moment to Remember - JoshKramerMusic (audiojungle) I'll Be Right Behind You. JosePhine - Josh Woodward (http://www.joshwoodward.com/) - fly fishing video channel - Global FlyFisher
7. Spring comes - Many Danish anglers await the day that the ice brakes in the fjords of Sjaelland, if you are there when it happens you can run into some insanely good fishing. This day we didn't, only some of the ice was gone, and the fishing was only good, not crazy good! - fly fishing video channel - Global FlyFisher
9. Pacific Albacore Fly Pattern - Steve Farrarâ€™s Blend is an excellent material â€“ I was new to the saltwater fly tying game and this synthetic winging material a year ago. Not now. I can tell you that different colors of the SF Blend product line exhibit different textures. The vast majority of the Steve Farrarâ€™s blend colors are easy to tie with but a few are in my opinion a little more difficult to work with. The only colors I use that are in the hard-to-work category are the Electric Yellow and Bucktail White. The Electric Yellow is a base material that is too straight and glassy for my tastes, but it has the ultra-bright yellow-chartreuse color I insist on in some flies. The Bucktail White Blend is too crinkled for my tastes, but it incorporates just the right amount of flash and a stark white color just like natural Bucktail (only more durable), so I live with the crinkles. And speaking of 5â€ť â€“ this is a very effective length for a saltwater Pacific albacore fly, although I am quite sure that a smaller fly is more effective when Tuna are keying in on little bait. Really. Jay Nicholas Overall Length = 5â€ť â€“ 5.5â€ť Thread: Fine Mono Hook: Mustad #3/0 Gamakatsu SC 15 Belly: Fishient Flash N Slinky â€“ White Under Wing: Steve Farrarâ€™s Blend â€“ Bleeding Gray Lateral Wing: Steve Farrarâ€™s Blend â€“ UV Mackerel Blend Over Wing: Steve Farrarâ€™s Blend -Midnight Blitz Eyes: Cure Goo 10mm Lava Cure Goo: Thick and Hydro Buy materials at www.CaddisFlyShop.com - fly fishing video channel - Global FlyFisher