Find it all
Results 1-10, 1971 total, on "tie wing" (0.96 seconds)
1. Stewart and Leeman's Lost Flies - Finally putting images to the text - Global FlyFisher
...to tie them fresh for this feature with the expressed intent to replicate the pattern as listed in the book. To all the tyers who contributed flies to... ...done. Bob Petti May 2006 Allagash Al Tied by Deryn Lacombe <td Thread: Black Body: Flat Silver Tinsel Rib: Oval Silver Tinsel Wing: Red Bucktail over ... ...t: Short Red Marabou, beard style Cheek: Jungle Cock American Beauty Tied by Hugh Ruane <td Thread: Black Body: Flat Silver Tinsel Wing: Sparse white ... ...tor blue hackles Throat: Red hackle beard Cheek: Jungle Cock Anson Special Tied by Scott Daskiewich <td Thread: Black Tag: Flat Silver Tinsel Tail: Re...
2. Favorite Streamer Swap - Winter 2009-2010 Streamer Swap - Global FlyFisher
...st published January 12th 2011 - The last few days HOME PATTERNS STREAMERS TIE BETTER FISH BETTER GALLERY VIDEOS GLOB... ...e still very much as they were when the season began. My list of things to tie is still pretty long—but t... ...gotta have these or I'm stuck this year category. So I was sitting down to tie and just kinda sat there wondering—what am I... ... gonna tie? I needed some motivation. There's nothing like a good fly swap to get the fly tying knuckles cracked, the creative juices flowing again. I...
3. Patterns - All the great fly patterns - The best dry flies, wet flies, nymphs, streamers - Material lists and tying instructions - Global FlyFisher
...al lists and tying instructions - Global FlyFisher HOME PATTERNS STREAMERS TIE BETTER FISH BETTER ... ...ned into Great Lakes Orange, a steelhead pattern tied on a tube. Chinos! Published: 2010-07-16 6 months ago Colombian Carlos Heinsohn ties a neat bait... ...ago Kelvin Kleinman shows us how to tie a really different saltwater fly based on the freshwater spider style, adapted for cutthroat stream fishing an... ...s. The fly has many neat details and is a great upgrade from those quickly tied flies. It makes your fly box look great and keeps you away from the TV...
4. Barrel Full of Bucktails - Classics and favorites - Global FlyFisher
...Fisher First published April 20th 2011 - Yesterday HOME PATTERNS STREAMERS TIE BETTER FISH BETTER GALLERY VIDEOS GLOBAL REPORTS REVIE... ...own styles of artificial fishing lures. In the US, bucktail streamers were tied for trout and bass fishing in the mid 1800's in such a way that they w... ...s until just a handful of years ago? I had plenty of marabou winged flies—the classic White Marabou being a favorite to this day—but not a single buck... ...iscussion list that finally pushed me to tie some bucktails. Actually, it was a swap of little bucktails that sucked me in, and I admit I haven't look...
5. The CDC & Elk family - Hans Weilenmann's CDC & Elk is a fly as good as they come. Still a lot of people - including Hans himself - have made variations - Global FlyFisher
... 4th 2011 - Today HOME PATTERNS STREAMERS TIE BETTER FISH BETTER GALLERY VIDEOS GLOBAL REPORTS REVIEWS SEARCH LESS... PODCASTS ROD BUILDING BOOKS STAF... ...ns himself. We had met a few times, and I had fished some of his flies and tied some of my own, and at one point he sent me a mail with a short write-... ... only a few years after Hans had tied the first versions of his now famous fly. Advantages I probably don’t need to emphasize the advantages of this f... ...list: few materials three actually, thread, CDC feather, deer hair easy to tie few tying steps and few turns of thread durable fish can trash it, thou...
6. Classic Wet Flies - Bergman and Beyond - Global FlyFisher
...ly Tying Symposium, where I watched Don Bastian tie for awhile and then sat in on his slide show. Granted, a gifted and experienced tyer like Don alwa... ...e best way to start was to gather a list of flies which I had materials to tie and were interesting to my eye. As I was browsing through the plates,I ... ...to choose flies that had a variety of wing styles. Some married, some duck flank, some solid slate as they call the natural duck and goose wing quills... ... not very well known. I must say, tying the sets of flies was great fun. I tied three of each, which filled a single row in an old Per...
7. The Matuka style - Global FlyFisher
... Fly tying The Matuka style By Bob Petti Who would have guessed that a fly tied to fish the lakes of New Zealand would have such an impact all aro... ...ed fly fishing and my friend Bruce had given me a box of flies that he had tied for me. All sorts of ... ... Gary took me to a new stretch of our favorite smallmouth stream and I tied on Bruce's Matuka. I wasn't casting very well at the time and was just abl... ...of fly almost completely, favoring instead flies that were a bit easier to tie. The first time the Matuka reappeared ...
8. Fluttering Little Black Stonefly - Hans Stephenson of Dakota Angler & Outfitter ties a Fluttering Black Stonefly. The CDC split winging technique gives the appearance of the fluttering wing pairs of stoneflies. While the the fly in this video was tied to match the Early Black Stoneflies, the coloration can be adapted to other stonefly species. This style of fly is an excellent imitation of fluttering yellow sally stoneflies, when tied with a yellow body, red egg sack, and light yellow or cream colored CDC. For the early little black stoneflies, tie this pattern in size 14-18. A strong fine diameter thread make a big difference when tying this pattern. Threads such as Tiemco's 16/0 or Veevus 14/0-16/0 are strong and build very little bulk. Using these threads on this pattern allow the tier to maintain a slender profile. - fly fishing video channel - Global FlyFisher
...ering Little Black Stonefly - Hans Stephenson of Dakota Angler & Outfitter ties a Fluttering Black Stonefly. The CDC split winging technique gives the... ...irs of stoneflies. While the the fly in this video was tied to match the Early Black Stoneflies, the coloration can be adapted to other stonefly speci... ... fluttering yellow sally stoneflies, when tied with a yellow body, red egg sack, and light yellow or cream colored CDC. For the early little black sto... ...eter thread make a big difference when tying this pattern. Threads such as Tiemco's 16/0 or Veevus 14/0-16/0 are strong and build very little bulk. Us...
9. Danish tube fly inspiration - Here are some general tips on composing a Danish or Scandinavian style salmon tube fly - and a bunch of flies to inspire. - Global FlyFisher
...o Home Home Pipeline Themes Blog Hitlist Patterns Patterns Pattern section Tie better Streamers Tying videos Pattern list Fishing Fishing Fishing sect... ...Staff GFF Books Comments Contact Keywords Keywords Salmon flies Tube flies Tie Better Touch More about: S... ...almon flies Tube flies Tie Better Comment Danish tube fly inspiration Published May 7th 2012 Here are some general tips on composing a Danish or Scand... ...w flies, built over the same basic foundation, often tied as tubes and almost exclusively featuring hair wings either zonker style or tied as more tra...
10. Tying with CDC - From midges to bonefish flies, cul de canard (CDC) is equally at home in drys, wets, nymphs, and saltwater patterns. - Global FlyFisher
...s past month HOME PATTERNS STREAMERS TIE BETTER FISH BETTER GALLERY VIDEOS GLOBAL REPORTS REVIEWS SEARCH LESS... PODCASTS ROD BUILDING BOOKS STAFF LAB... ... SITE MAP SEARCH MORE... Search Cancel More about: Cdc Fly tying materials Tie Better Comment Tying with CDC Publishe... ...scription “Cul de Canard” was reputedly coined in the late 1950s by French tier Henry Bresson for one of his patterns. The description has contributed... ...ffia or thread later the patterns were tied with silk floss ribbed with contrasting color silk thread, and a CDC collar. In the 1980s similar flies co...