Find it all
Results 71-80, 4016 total, on "Salmon flies" (0.29 seconds)
71. The Gladiator - Global FlyFisher
... First published before January 1st 2001 More about: Epoxy Salmon Salmon flies Sea trout Steelhead Tube flies The Gladiator The Gladiator started as a... ... By Bob Kenly The Gladiator I got the basic idea while fishing for Chinook salmon on Michigan's Muskegon River several years ago. Like everyone else I... ...hing a few fish but never with any consistency until I watched several big salmon duck into some deep holes behind mating pairs on the nests, and maki... ...gs. I went to a style fly I originated especially for Alaska's Silver coho salmon and added some new ideas I'd been thinking about to in...
72. Laksefluer (Salmon Flies), by Poul Jorgensen - Danish salmon fly tyer - Global FlyFisher
... First published before January 1st 2001 More about: Salmon Laksefluer Salmon Flies , by Poul Jorgensen Danish salmon fly tyer By Martin joergensen Po... ...gensen belongs amongst the greatest inspirators when it comes to classical salmon flies. His book 'Salmon Flies - Their Character, Style, and Dressing... ...l known international salmon fly tyers as the book that started them as salmon fly tyers. The nice layout The book's cover below Poul Jorgensen Poul J... ...Bindeteknik, materialer og fluem°nstre' Salmon flies - Tie Betternique, Materials and Patterns . And we are talking about a very good looking book. Pe...
73. Pepefly in Aurelia Lodge - On 7 November, kicking off my fishing season, departed at 17 am heading to Aurelia Lodge, where I was invited by Mr. Francisco Hermoso, Owner of Aurelia Lodge and Manager of Aurelia Lodge Diego Castillo to fish in the waters Rio Grande; I undertook this fishing trip with my friend and fishing buddy Omar Guenchur. We got to Aurelia Lodge and were greeted by Diego, who had a chat on various topics and of course fishing !!! finished the talk gave us until tomorrow and off to sleep. The next morning we got up early with Omar and departed toward the Rio Grande, sunny morning, but windy, like it should be on the Rio Grande, we were ready with equipment to not miss a minute of fishing !!!! We find a wide Rio Grande, with plenty of water and fast, but with its clean waters. With sunny day and clean water with no hesitation Omar tying our leaders articulate a new model based on the fly Rio Grande┬┤s Queen , the new Sori┬┤s articulated fly used was the color Chartreuse, Blue and Black. I started fishing at Radman Pool, with a Burkheimer Classic Spey Rod # 8/9/10 135ÔÇŁ, Saracione Reel Mark Salmon V Model 4 ┬╝", line Nextcast WinterAuthority45 # 8/9 (46ft / 14.0m) with tip Nexcast ST15-S8 with a Chartreuse Sori┬┤s articulated fly , the results were immediate both for me and for my fishing partner, our beginning more than good. I have to clarify that the shots of fishing, had to be at least 30 meters, given the conditions of the river, but as we say in the river, you have to put the fly "there" and you go fishing, but with the rod I was using the fly could get "there", change it for a rod a little more "long" and I started using a Rod Bob Meiser Highlander Classic #7/8/9 16", Saracione Reel Mark Salmon V Model 4 ┬╝", a line Nextcast WinterAuthority55 # 8/9 (54ft / 16.5m) with tip Nexcast ST15-S8, this rod gave me more opportunity to achieve so much easier the distance needed, the only change I made was a line change , incorporates Nextcast WinterAuthority45 # 8/9 (46ft / 14.0m), I had no problem with the wind, and allowed me to lift articulated flies and Tandem┬┤s tube fly, in the Randman Pool we┬┤ve fish three beautiful seatrout males ranging from 4 to 7 kilos, my friend Omar cath the biggest. We passed several pools, in which we also needed long cast like Martina and Alambre Pools, where the need was greatest width at the Rio Grande was made, and also the trout were "there", I continued fishing with the team it gave me more opportunity and facility to achieve distance, Bob Meiser 7/8/9 Highlander Classic Rod 16 ", but with a shorter line like Nextcast WinterAuthority45 # 8/9 (46ft / 14.0m) with tip Nexcast ST15 -S8. The sky was covered with some clouds, which at the time allowed the sun came up and hid it in others, this condition led us to decide to change the color of the fly and we decided on the new articulated fly, this time in color blue, and took the stage the Blue Sori articulated fly, was the fly of the day, with this fly I have the lucky to catch 6 sea trout of every weight and size !!! The equipment used for fishing Omar were next, Rod Zpey Infinity #7/8 12┬┤6", OPST SP Lazar Running Line 30 lb, l├şne Zpey Fusi├│n 2 sinking 2/3/4, Polileader 15ÔÇŁ density 7 and the Rod Guideline LPX 13ÔÇŁ 8/9, OPST SP Lazar Running Line 30 lb with l├şne Zpey Fusi├│n 2 sinking 2/3/4 and Polileader 15ÔÇŁ density 7. The Alambre Pool gave us very good results, such was the surprise in this pool that we can say we have the strawberry of the dessert, my friend Omar fish a beautiful steelhead with more than 4 kilos of weight, in this case with a Sori Black fly , we miss catching a chinook salmon, but it will be a matter of time, more importantly, the sea trout are in Aurelia !!! Surely in the next few days will be varying river conditions, the river will become narrower and less plentiful, but will certainly be a challenge for the fly fisherman. Next week I will have the video ready of the catchs the flies used. Beautiful start to the season, I have no doubt that Aurelia Lodge is a great place to start our fishing season !!! From now on my behalf and on behalf of all members of Pepefly, I thanks Mr Francisco Hermoso Owner of Aurelia Lodge, Diego Castillo Manager Aurelia Lodge, and the entire staff of Aurelia Lodge for the invitation and the great kindness and hospitality which were attended and allowing us to test new models Pepefly flies !!! Tight lines!!! Pepe - fly fishing video channel - Global FlyFisher
...l, with a Burkheimer Classic Spey Rod # 8/9/10 135ÔÇŁ, Saracione Reel Mark Salmon V Model 4 ┬╝ , line Nextcast WinterAuthority45 # 8/9 46ft / 1... ... using a Rod Bob Meiser Highlander Classic #7/8/9 16 , Saracione Reel Mark Salmon V Model 4 ┬╝ , a line Nextcast WinterAuthority55 # 8... ...14.0m , I had no problem with the wind, and allowed me to lift articulated flies and Tandem┬┤s tube fly, in the Randman Pool we┬┤ve fish three beautif... ...se with a Sori Black fly , we miss catching a chinook salmon, but it will be a matter of time, more importantly, the sea trout are in Aurelia !!! Sure...
74. Hook├ę ├á Gasp├ę! Part 3 - Click on the CC button in the vimeo timeline to see the subtitles. We had just lived the two most incredible salmon fishing days ever on the Dartmouth River. At one point, it was pretty normal to have luckÔÇÖs pendulum swinging the other way. The swing back came slowly toward our faces during our next three days on the Saint-Jean and York rivers. The salmons had decided to stay quiet and despite catching a few sea trout caught here and there, we felt we had to move on. We took the night to tie some flies and headed for Barachois, near Gasp├ę, to try and catch a couple striped bass. Music : https://soundcloud.com/yakinimusic/if-i-could-see-it-this-clearly Diamond Rings: "Mellow Doubt" - fly fishing video channel - Global FlyFisher
...o timeline to see the subtitles. We had just lived the two most incredible salmon fishing days ever on the Dartmouth River. At one ... ...ur faces during our next three days on the Saint-Jean and York rivers. The salmons had ... ...t here and there, we felt we had to move on. We took the night to tie some flies and headed for Barachois, near Gasp├ę, to try and catch... ...e Staff GFF Books Comments GFF on Facebook Store Contact Touch More about: Salmon | Comment GFF videos Fly tying Suggest video Highest rated Most view...
75. Gary Scott Salmon Fly - Materials Used;Hook, Ken Sawada Black Spey size 8 Threads, White and Black Uni-8/0 Tag, UTC Gold Holographic Tinsel Tails, Dyed Hot Orange and Sunburst Golden Pheasant Crest Rib, Flat or Oval Gold Tinsel Body, Yellow Stout Floss and Golden Yellow Opossum or something similar Under-Wing, Polar Bear Fibre or Sun dyed Sunburst Sides, Dyed Golden Yellow Jungle Cock First Hackle, White Eared Pheasant dyed Flame rolled on small flies to keep the dressing in proportion but in the larger flies use the full feather and wind up the body from the Yellow Stout Floss Front Hackle, Dyed Blue White Eared Pheasant Wing, Peacock Wing quills Head, Glo-Brite Floss No.4 - fly fishing video channel - Global FlyFisher
... Gary Scott Salmon Fly - Materials Used;Hook, Ken Sawada Black Spey size 8 Threads, White and Black Uni-8/0 Tag, UTC Gold Holographic Tinsel Tails, Dy... ...Hackle, White Eared Pheasant dyed Flame rolled on small flies to keep the dressing in proportion but in the larger flies use the full feather and wind... ...Books Comments GFF on Facebook Store Advertize Contact Touch More about: Salmon flies | Comment GFF videos Fly tying Suggest video Highest rated Most ... ...Gary Scott Salmon Fly More on salmon flies The Gladiator Special: The Gladiator started as a joke but one with a lot of thought behind it's origins. B...
76. Sunray Shadow - One of the simplest and most efficient salmon flies ever deceived. A wing on a tube, and that's it. And it's patented! - Global FlyFisher
... First published May 21st 2007 More about: Salmon Tube flies Patterns Sunray Shadow One of the simplest and most efficient salmon flies ever deceived.... ...ented! By Martin Joergensen With the salmon season coming up in many parts of the world, I thought that a genuine salmon fly would be an appropriate t... ...I will be fishing for salmon this summer, I could whip out a few flies for that use at the same time. Sunray Shadow - flies, fish and the dog Martin J... ...h. Ray Brooks' original was invented in Norway on the banks of the classic salmon river Laerdal. It becam...
77. Tie Better - Learn to tie better flies - Global FlyFisher
...a flytying kit must only have the tools and materials necessary to tie the flies... ... space than 26 high-schoolers crammed in a Volkswagen Beetle. Anatomy of a salmon fly ... ...Although each salmon fly pattern may call for its' own proportions and components, the following diagram and table identifies the standard anatomy and... ...ill see that many of the Danish saltwater flies -- The Magnus, Bjarke and Grey Frede are prime examples -- have bead chain eyes. These eyes serve two ...
78. Tie Better - Learn to tie better flies - Global FlyFisher
...t page of this section... Hairwings & Tubes With this book Hairwing & Tube Flies for Salmon Chris Mann has worked his way through yet another pile of ... ...n lightly dressed Dee and Spey flies with their long and swung back hackles and low riding wings are just soooo fishy! . That's why he finds John Shew... ...e saltwater fly is soooo simple. DIY Epoxy Rotor If you tie a lot of epoxy flies and have been glancing in the direction of the nice but expensive epo... ...own out of some scraps and a disco mirror ball motor. Innovative Saltwater Flies US based master fly tyer Bob Veverka has gathere...
79. Where Reality Collides With Fantasy (Part Two) - People in Alaska say there are two seasons, winter and the visiting season - Global FlyFisher
...GFF Books Comments GFF on Facebook Contact Keywords Keywords Destinations, Salmon Global Touch More about: Destinations, | Salmon | Global | Comment 1... ... hostess and I discussed the subject of fly fishing for salmon at the Spit. Both of us concluded that it could be possible with the right fly, in my h... ...twater Roach fly, a pretty fly but no prize yet. It did catch a few Silver salmon but without any consistency. W... ...l to some friends in England and Northern Ireland and both caught Atlantic salmon, some in Scotland and the others...
80. Fly patterns - Fly pattern descriptions, dry flies, wet flies, salmon flies - Global FlyFisher
... Fly patterns - Fly pattern descriptions, dry flies, wet flies, salmon flies - Global FlyFisher HOME PATTERNS STREAMERS TIE BETTER FISH BETTER GALLERY... ... section with New England streamers, Carrie Stevens patterns and flies from the hands and heads of Stewart and Leeman, Ray Bergman, Mike Martinek, Her... ...deo channel. Step-by-stpe tying of popular fly patterns, tricks for better flies and much more. Go to the fly tyimng ... ... more. Go to the fly tying section here. Tube Fly Turmoil Tube theme: Tube flies are flies tied on a tube rather than a hook. But putting it that simp...