Find it all
Results 101-110, 1241 total, on "classic salmon flies" (0.45 seconds)
101. First Day - Bon A(d)venture - Day 1 - 2 days fishing in Bon Aventure - Global FlyFisher
... FlyFisher First published October 27th 2008 - This past month More about: Salmon Destinations Fishing skills Salmon Sal... ...mon flies Sea trout Sea trout flies Stream Tube flies Global Reports <!-- Please help us! Check that this page works on our new server too... If this ... ...g salmon somewhere nearby. Gin, Tonic Water, whiskeys, beers, wines and all kinds of snacks were served so it was easy to relax and just look at the w... ...scovered that the only thing I did not bring was my fly box. But who needs flies to go fly fishing? Isn't it all about catching flies? No?! I must hav...
102. Tube Flies - Keywords - The words we use - Global FlyFisher
... Tube flies Hairwings & Tubes Salmon flies : With this book Hairwing & Tube Flies for Salmon Chris Mann has worked his way through yet another pile of... ...inspire us. Read GFF partner Martin Joergensen's review here. River Mandal Salmon : ”I hate to a... ...sk you, but do you want to go salmon fishing for a week?” The voice of GFF partner Partin Joergensen's friend Ole sounded sincere enough and Martin we... ...ked up : Classics in a classic way. These flies may look like something of today, but the concept of Wadington shanks is old as Methusalem. Danish fly...
103. Improved Pheasant Tail nymph - Featured in this fly tying tutorial is the "Improved" Pheasant Tail nymph, which is a classic in the fly fishing world. Using the word "improved" is where I tread softly because Frank Sawyer's original is a tough pattern to revise. With that said, in the video I substitute Coq de Leon as the tailing fibers for two reasons. First, the material is extremely durable and resistant to tearing. Second, the mottling featured on Coq de Leon is excellent, and very representational of mayfly nymphs. Please feel free to comment on this pattern and share any modifications that you have made to improve the original Pheasant Tail. This pattern is one of those I feature in the "Two Minute Tying" series. These flies are more of "guide flies," meaning they can be tied in a short amount of time, and more importantly, catch fish. Thanks for viewing this fly tying tutorial of the "Improved" Pheasant Tail; feel free to leave any questions/comments on this YouTube page, or email me: firstname.lastname@example.org - fly fishing video channel - Global FlyFisher
...in this fly tying tutorial is the Improved Pheasant Tail nymph, which is a classic in the fly fishing world. Using the word improved is where I tread ... ...is pattern is one of those I feature in the Two Minute Tying series. These flies are more of guide flies, meaning they can be tied in a sh... ...eries. These flies are more of guide flies, meaning they can be tied in a short amount of time, and more importantly, catch fish. Thanks for viewing t... ...icles on The Global FlyFisher A couple of random articles A Passion Called Salmon A fascinating journey with the salmon passionate Sasha Savic visitin...
104. Bon Aventure flies - our suggestions - Tying instructions and patterns - Global FlyFisher
...Bon Aventure flies - our suggestions - Tying instructions and patterns - Global FlyFisher First published November 5th 2008 - The last few days More a... ...terns Tie Better <!-- Please help us! Check that this page works on our new server too... If this page has errors, please let Martin know. If not, jus... ...gestions Tying instructions and patterns By Kasper Mühlbach Bon Aventure Flies One man in two days. What does that give you? Limited experience and bu... ...rtin Jorgensen A classic. See the one with eyes and epoxy - add-ons done by the experienced salmon angler Nils Jorgensen here . The one I used was tie...
105. The Hyper-Compleat Guide to Getting Started in Flytying - Global FlyFisher
...ou can find better uses for your money. ASSESS YOURSELF: You've tied a few flies and you really want to dig in. OK, you've taken a class and you've ca... ...how to select golden pheasant crests for proper shape and color for use in salmonfly veilings. It took ... ...ce of materials is of utmost importance. Buy a cheap $8 hen's neck for dry flies and the webby feathers wi... ...ymphs, the material quality is less important than materials for a few dry flies. The nymphs should be buggy looking and absorb water nicely. Fortunat...
106. Niels Have, Ken Sawada tube flies - Global FlyFisher
... Niels Have, Ken Sawada tube flies - Global FlyFisher First published February 10th 2001 - More than 10 years ago HOME PATTERNS STREAMERS TIE BETTER F... ...cel More about: Patterns Comment Inspired by Sawada By Martin Joergensen - Flies by Niels Have The Japanese fly tyer Kenichiro Sawade is not known to ... ...an extremely crative tyer, whose flies always sparkle with color and beautiful materials and proportions. In his book Tube & waddington Fly Dressing h... ...flies tied on tubes and waddington shanks. Gaura Parson Lemon Grey Gold Lace Green Highlander Solar Winds Brier Dunkeld Jock Scott Recommend this page...
107. The Bruiser - Master salmon fly tyer Iain Wilson shows you how to tie the fly for July, "The Bruiser", when fishing for salmon and sea trout. For more fly tying tips, check out our latest issue of The Game Fishers Diary on the Fishing TV website or Smart TV App now. http://www.onlinefishing.tv/channel/game/view - fly fishing video channel - Global FlyFisher
... The Bruiser - Master salmon fly tyer Iain Wilson shows you how to tie the fly for July, The Bruiser , when fishing for salmon and sea trout. For more... ...e Staff GFF Books Comments GFF on Facebook Store Contact Touch More about: Salmon flies | Comment GFF videos Fly tying Suggest video Highest rated Mos... ...s Search About The Bruiser More on salmon flies Tied in the Hand Review: More than a hundred classical salmon flies tied without a vice by Swedish Sve... ...y of the salmon flies, a lot about the House of Hardy and equally much about tying and fishing the flies. A beautiful book. Read the review here IQ Da...
108. Streamers - Raske's New England Streamer Page - Global FlyFisher
...n a size 12. The results were move interesting. New Streamers Converting a classic salmon fly to hairwing form has been done for many years among salm... ...ly, the gang on the streamers@ mailing list tried their hand at converting classic salmon patterns to trout flies. Streamers This book is touted mainl... ... various styles of classic freshwater streamers. The hardcover layout is nice and easy on the eyes, with large color photos. It begins with some groun... ...vorite trout stream or pond in the coming Fall? Check out these attractive flies from a streamer swap hosted by...
109. Streamers - Raske's New England Streamer Page - Global FlyFisher
...ugh the subject of this article may seem like heresy to dedicated tyers of classic atlantic salmon patterns, ... ...I thought it might be a fun exercise this winter to adapt some of these classic patterns to New England streamers. It was indeed a challenging and enj... ...ut Mike's beautiful, classical streamer patterns. Blacknosed dace Brook trout Carrie Stevens II One of the true parents of streamer fly fishing, parti... ...vorite trout stream or pond in the coming Fall? Check out these attractive flies from a streamer swap hosted by Scott Daskiewich. FF@ Smelt 98 - Earle...
110. The Complete Illustrated Directory of Salmon Flies - Chris Mann - book review - Global FlyFisher
... The Complete Illustrated Directory of Salmon Flies - Chris Mann - book review - Global FlyFisher First published June 21st 2009 - 7 months ago More a... ...review The Complete Illustrated Directory of Salmon Flies Author: Chris Mann More books and videos All books and videos Author Chris Mann Title The Co... ...ass! Reviewed by Martin Joergensen Looking at the beautiful computer drawn flies on the cover of this... ...up stone project, where Chris has boiled down his previous three titles on salmon flies into one. B...