Find it all
Results 31-40, 278 total, on "coat" (0.59 seconds)
31. Light Curing Resins - If you're still messing around with two-component epoxy, it's about time to lift your head and discover the new Light Curing Resins, LCR - the New Age Epoxy - Global FlyFisher
...n even combine the different varieties of the same product and use special coating resins for ... ...volume, Flex cures up soft and Finish is specially developed for the final coating. + + Different philosophies Clear Cure Goo - De... ...also means turning your fly tying into a factory, producing many flies and coating them all a once. Any shape -... ... Add a final thin coat of a fluid and hard curing layer of resin coat , finish or whatever the manufacturers call it when the fly is done. This will c...
32. Our Children's Streamers - Robert Morger
... center section of peacock eye feather. Form head with thread and tie off, coat head with two to three coats of head cement. Sarah's Desert Sunset Sta... ... band about 1/8 long add a couple of half hitches and clip off red thread, coat with head cement and let dry. Start 6/0 black thread and wrap in wing ... ...r. Form head with thread and tie off, coat head with two to three coats of head cement. Back To The Our Children's Streamers Page Copyright 1998 - 200...
33. Duck's extended body - Going Au Naturel to catch wise trout with extended bodies and a special natural hackle style - Global FlyFisher
... extended body 1. Color the mandrel to the correct body length. + Silicone coated mandrel Roger Duckworth + Tail added Roger Duckworth + First wisp of... ... Duckworth + Coated and shaped Roger Duckworth 2. Rotate the needle while coating it with silicone. Place a light coat of silicone on the needle start... ...or. 6. Coat the body lightly with silicon or with water based head cement if desired, and rotate the mandrel to do final shaping and smoothing with yo...
34. Tom's Line Winder - Build your own line winder for maintaining your fly lines and getting them on and off the reel. Here's the detailed instructions for two models - Global FlyFisher
...g a protective coat such as a line dressing. Having done this the line will be ready for another day of fishing and the day can start with a clean, sm... ...ides is the cause. The dirt may even wear away the line coating which will lead to loss of suppleness and smoothness of the line surface. The process ... ...ill ensure smooth running. + Almost done Tom Biesot Varnish, stains or wax coating We can now le... ...ut we can also choose to apply a finish in an appealing colour. I put on a coat of wax stain on the MDF line winder. I used a single coat of Briwax, w...
35. Confessions of a Mad Epoxy Tube Tier - Bob Kenly is reknown for his redically different epoxy tube flies. This article recaps his experience with epoxy - and adds advice on coloring eopxy. - Global FlyFisher
... If you are trying to achieve an opaque color do not try to do it with one coat, I did ... ... thats dry I then apply a coat of the epoxy/acrylic mixture over the painted area. Sanding has two important effects: first, it allows the paint to ad... ...acrylic mixture stays wet, mixing the base coat with some denatured alcohol will slow down the curing some, the idea is to have the coloring part of t... ...d area red and the rest white. You've done your sanding of the first epoxy coating and sanded it. Next establishe where the two colors will seperate...
36. Over the years the guide wrappings can attract salt and moisture, which will lead to stains like the ones seen here - under the coating. Be careful not to pack your rod wet, but wipe it and let it dry thoroughly before putting into a tube or a closet. (picture) - Wraps under attack - - a three part harmony about maintaining your precious fly fishing equipment - Global FlyFisher
...nd moisture, which will lead to stains like the ones seen here - under the coating. Be careful not to pack your rod wet, but wipe it and let it dry... ...een here - under the coating. Be careful not to pack your rod wet, but wipe it and let it dry thoroughly before putting into a tube or a closet. Photo... ...nd moisture, which will lead to stains like the ones seen here - under the coating. Be careful not to pack your rod wet, but wipe it and let it dry th... ...nd moisture, which will lead to stains like the ones seen here - under the coating. Be careful not to pack your rod wet, but wipe it and let it dry th...
37. Coloring Raw Tubes - A look into some alternative methods of coloring tubes - Global FlyFisher
... and chipping of the paint has been recorded so Stuart advises that a thin coat of epoxy will cure that problem if your tubes are abused on rocky stre... ...nt choking fits. If however you do spray your tubes then I've found a thin coat of epoxy is always wise to protect your applied finish. Hand Painting ... ... alcohol also seems to aid in the color's brightness. First coat Bob Kenly Glitter Bob Kenly Rib Bob Kenly Epoxy Bob Kenly Mixing colors: Since I'm co... ...er on a tube for color but that doesn't work very well unless you under coat with a with some acrylics close to the sparkle colors ex. silver paint fo...
38. Global Fly Fisher, Building Bamboo Fly Rods - Part 6, Harry Boyd
...r many years, and serve well as long as they are covered with a waterproof coating. Hide glues are m... ...ng glue on the fanned open sections with a cheap toothbrush. Four sections coated with glue and ready for the bin... .... Well, thatís not quite true. Usually I wipe everything down with a quick coat of tung oil, and hurry into the house where... ...oh and ah and brag on me. Either option is okay, but do give things a good coat of tung oil, and be sure to keep the sections bone dry from here on ou...
39. Juro Mukai's line setup - A flexible shooting head system - Global FlyFisher
...ped with a custom loop... Making a 'Juro loop' cut and strip 1.5 inches of coating using a wire-stripper of the right ... ...g coating and over the end of the core fold and form a loop no larger than you need to make connections nail knot with 12# maxima so that the bite of ... ...ainst itself on the other trim all extra stuff to make a neat compact loop coat with aquaseal thinned with cotol to cover knot and trim ends This loop...
40. Foxee Missouri Minnow - Bruce Whittle - Global FlyFisher
... careful not to mix colors. Tie down with red thread to simulate gills. 6. Coat with your choic... ...e of head cement - several thin coats allowing time in between to dry. 7. Form eyes with acrylic paint - yellow then a black pupil 8. Coat with severa...