Find it all
Results 41-50, 318 total, on "coat" (0.33 seconds)
41. Over the years the guide wrappings can attract salt and moisture, which will lead to stains like the ones seen here - under the coating. Be careful not to pack your rod wet, but wipe it and let it dry thoroughly before putting into a tube or a closet. (picture) - Wraps under attack - - a three part harmony about maintaining your precious fly fishing equipment - Global FlyFisher
...nd moisture, which will lead to stains like the ones seen here - under the coating. Be careful not to pack your rod wet, but wipe it and let it dry... ...een here - under the coating. Be careful not to pack your rod wet, but wipe it and let it dry thoroughly before putting into a tube or a closet. Photo... ...nd moisture, which will lead to stains like the ones seen here - under the coating. Be careful not to pack your rod wet, but wipe it and let it dry th... ...nd moisture, which will lead to stains like the ones seen here - under the coating. Be careful not to pack your rod wet, but wipe it and let it dry th...
42. Merching fly lines with shrink tubes - Neat melting together two lines - Global FlyFisher
... two lines. The method is universal for all coated fly lines and makes it possible to make you own WF-lines, smooth connections and more. Step 1 - Ins... ...p 2 - Heat the tips of the fly lines. + Michael Sorensen Step 3 Remove the coating. + Michael Sorensen Step 4 - Now the fly lines are ready to be mer... ...l Sorensen Step 5 - Sew the core from each fly line into the center of the coating of the other fly line.. + Michael Sorensen Step 6 - optional Before... ...the merged position. + Michael Sorensen Step 10 - Apply heat to merge. The coating should merge to the extra core inside. + Michael Sorensen Step 11 -...
43. Duck's extended body - Going Au Naturel to catch wise trout with extended bodies and a special natural hackle style - Global FlyFisher
... extended body 1. Color the mandrel to the correct body length. + Silicone coated mandrel Roger Duckworth + Tail added Roger Duckworth + First wisp of... ... Duckworth + Coated and shaped Roger Duckworth 2. Rotate the needle while coating it with silicone. Place a light coat of silicone on the needle start... ...or. 6. Coat the body lightly with silicon or with water based head cement if desired, and rotate the mandrel to do final shaping and smoothing with yo...
44. Coloring Raw Tubes - A look into some alternative methods of coloring tubes - Global FlyFisher
... and chipping of the paint has been recorded so Stuart advises that a thin coat of epoxy will cure that problem if your tubes are abused on rocky stre... ...nt choking fits. If however you do spray your tubes then I've found a thin coat of epoxy is always wise to protect your applied finish. Hand Painting ... ... alcohol also seems to aid in the color's brightness. First coat Bob Kenly Glitter Bob Kenly Rib Bob Kenly Epoxy Bob Kenly Mixing colors: Since I'm co... ...er on a tube for color but that doesn't work very well unless you under coat with a with some acrylics close to the sparkle colors ex. silver paint fo...
45. Tom's Line Winder - Build your own line winder for maintaining your fly lines and getting them on and off the reel. Here's the detailed instructions for two models - Global FlyFisher
...g a protective coat such as a line dressing. Having done this the line will be ready for another day of fishing and the day can start with a clean, sm... ...ides is the cause. The dirt may even wear away the line coating which will lead to loss of suppleness and smoothness of the line surface. The process ... ...ill ensure smooth running. + Almost done Tom Biesot Varnish, stains or wax coating We can now le... ...ut we can also choose to apply a finish in an appealing colour. I put on a coat of wax stain on the MDF line winder. I used a single coat of Briwax, w...
46. Light Curing Resins - If you're still messing around with two-component epoxy, it's about time to lift your head and discover the new Light Curing Resins, LCR - the New Age Epoxy - Global FlyFisher
...n even combine the different varieties of the same product and use special coating resins for ... ...volume, Flex cures up soft and Finish is specially developed for the final coating. + + Different philosophies Clear Cure Goo - De... ...also means turning your fly tying into a factory, producing many flies and coating them all a once. Any shape -... ... Add a final thin coat of a fluid and hard curing layer of resin coat , finish or whatever the manufacturers call it when the fly is done. This will c...
47. Catskill Tube Flies - The cradle of Amarican fly-fishing in the Catskills and tube flies isn't something normally connected, but fly-tyer Richard Katzman ties tube flies to be fished in these hallowed waters. - Global FlyFisher
...sh Eyes Adhesive Holographic 5/32 Super Pearl Top coat Loon´s UV Thin Clear Coat Tube nose Cut on an angle dabbed with permanent brown magic marker th...
48. Foxee Missouri Minnow - Bruce Whittle - Global FlyFisher
... careful not to mix colors. Tie down with red thread to simulate gills. 6. Coat with your choic... ...e of head cement - several thin coats allowing time in between to dry. 7. Form eyes with acrylic paint - yellow then a black pupil 8. Coat with severa...
49. Juro Mukai's line setup - A flexible shooting head system - Global FlyFisher
...ped with a custom loop... Making a 'Juro loop' cut and strip 1.5 inches of coating using a wire-stripper of the right ... ...g coating and over the end of the core fold and form a loop no larger than you need to make connections nail knot with 12# maxima so that the bite of ... ...ainst itself on the other trim all extra stuff to make a neat compact loop coat with aquaseal thinned with cotol to cover knot and trim ends This loop...
50. Global Fly Fisher, Building Bamboo Fly Rods - Part 6, Harry Boyd
...r many years, and serve well as long as they are covered with a waterproof coating. Hide glues are m... ...ng glue on the fanned open sections with a cheap toothbrush. Four sections coated with glue and ready for the bin... .... Well, that’s not quite true. Usually I wipe everything down with a quick coat of tung oil, and hurry into the house where... ...oh and ah and brag on me. Either option is okay, but do give things a good coat of tung oil, and be sure to keep the sections bone dry from here on ou...