Find it all
Results 41-50, 321 total, on "coat" (0.62 seconds)
41. Our Children's Streamers - Robert Morger
... center section of peacock eye feather. Form head with thread and tie off, coat head with two to three coats of head cement. Sarah's Desert Sunset Sta... ... band about 1/8 long add a couple of half hitches and clip off red thread, coat with head cement and let dry. Start 6/0 black thread and wrap in wing ... ...r. Form head with thread and tie off, coat head with two to three coats of head cement. Back To The Our Children's Streamers Page Copyright 1998 - 200...
42. Pass the tag end of the backing the opposite way through the loop as the standing end and work the coils of backing as close to the end of the loop as possible. Now pull both ends of the backing gently to tighten all the coils evenly. As they get tighter you can pull harder, and finally you can pull them so tight that the backing eats its way into the coating of the fly line, as it's seen here. br / Be careful not to pull eny coils out over the loop end. The two tags should wind up blocking the outmost coils. Trim the tag end, and you have a strong backing to fly line connection. (picture) - Finished Albright knot - Most of us know how, but this article is for the ones who never set up a complete reel, backing, line and leader. - Global FlyFisher
... finally you can pull them so tight that the backing eats its way into the coating of the fly line, as it's seen here. br... ... finally you can pull them so tight that the backing eats its way into the coating of the fly line, as it's seen here. Be caref... ... finally you can pull them so tight that the backing eats its way into the coating of the fly line, as it's seen here. br / Be ... ... finally you can pull them so tight that the backing eats its way into the coating of the fly line, as it's seen here. br / Be careful n...
43. Light Curing Resins - If you're still messing around with two-component epoxy, it's about time to lift your head and discover the new Light Curing Resins, LCR - the New Age Epoxy - Global FlyFisher
...n even combine the different varieties of the same product and use special coating resins for ... ...volume, Flex cures up soft and Finish is specially developed for the final coating. + + Different philosophies Clear Cure Goo - De... ...also means turning your fly tying into a factory, producing many flies and coating them all a once. Any shape -... ... Add a final thin coat of a fluid and hard curing layer of resin coat , finish or whatever the manufacturers call it when the fly is done. This will c...
44. Duck's extended body - Going Au Naturel to catch wise trout with extended bodies and a special natural hackle style - Global FlyFisher
... extended body 1. Color the mandrel to the correct body length. + Silicone coated mandrel Roger Duckworth + Tail added Roger Duckworth + First wisp of... ... Duckworth + Coated and shaped Roger Duckworth 2. Rotate the needle while coating it with silicone. Place a light coat of silicone on the needle start... ...or. 6. Coat the body lightly with silicon or with water based head cement if desired, and rotate the mandrel to do final shaping and smoothing with yo...
45. Tom's Line Winder - Build your own line winder for maintaining your fly lines and getting them on and off the reel. Here's the detailed instructions for two models - Global FlyFisher
...g a protective coat such as a line dressing. Having done this the line will be ready for another day of fishing and the day can start with a clean, sm... ...ides is the cause. The dirt may even wear away the line coating which will lead to loss of suppleness and smoothness of the line surface. The process ... ...ill ensure smooth running. + Almost done Tom Biesot Varnish, stains or wax coating We can now le... ...ut we can also choose to apply a finish in an appealing colour. I put on a coat of wax stain on the MDF line winder. I used a single coat of Briwax, w...
46. Merching fly lines with shrink tubes - Neat melting together two lines - Global FlyFisher
... two lines. The method is universal for all coated fly lines and makes it possible to make you own WF-lines, smooth connections and more. Step 1 - Ins... ...p 2 - Heat the tips of the fly lines. + Michael Sorensen Step 3 Remove the coating. + Michael Sorensen Step 4 - Now the fly lines are ready to be mer... ...l Sorensen Step 5 - Sew the core from each fly line into the center of the coating of the other fly line.. + Michael Sorensen Step 6 - optional Before... ...the merged position. + Michael Sorensen Step 10 - Apply heat to merge. The coating should merge to the extra core inside. + Michael Sorensen Step 11 -...
47. Confessions of a Mad Epoxy Tube Tier - Bob Kenly is reknown for his redically different epoxy tube flies. This article recaps his experience with epoxy - and adds advice on coloring eopxy. - Global FlyFisher
... If you are trying to achieve an opaque color do not try to do it with one coat, I did ... ... thats dry I then apply a coat of the epoxy/acrylic mixture over the painted area. Sanding has two important effects: first, it allows the paint to ad... ...acrylic mixture stays wet, mixing the base coat with some denatured alcohol will slow down the curing some, the idea is to have the coloring part of t... ...d area red and the rest white. You've done your sanding of the first epoxy coating and sanded it. Next establishe where the two colors will seperate...
48. Coloring Raw Tubes - A look into some alternative methods of coloring tubes - Global FlyFisher
... and chipping of the paint has been recorded so Stuart advises that a thin coat of epoxy will cure that problem if your tubes are abused on rocky stre... ...nt choking fits. If however you do spray your tubes then I've found a thin coat of epoxy is always wise to protect your applied finish. Hand Painting ... ... alcohol also seems to aid in the color's brightness. First coat Bob Kenly Glitter Bob Kenly Rib Bob Kenly Epoxy Bob Kenly Mixing colors: Since I'm co... ...er on a tube for color but that doesn't work very well unless you under coat with a with some acrylics close to the sparkle colors ex. silver paint fo...
49. Catskill Tube Flies - The cradle of Amarican fly-fishing in the Catskills and tube flies isn't something normally connected, but fly-tyer Richard Katzman ties tube flies to be fished in these hallowed waters. - Global FlyFisher
...sh Eyes Adhesive Holographic 5/32 Super Pearl Top coat Loon´s UV Thin Clear Coat Tube nose Cut on an angle dabbed with permanent brown magic marker th...
50. 404 Error - Page not found - Global FlyFisher
...er Pen Cover all with Lite Bug-Bond and then a coat of Fine Varnish to finish.. - A Thunder Creek Streamer http://globalflyfisher.com/ video /?q=node/... .../2082 Here's a great little ant pattern that uses Clear Cure Goo to coat the body. - Extended Body Salmon Fly http://globalflyfisher.com/ video /?... ...domen: Peacock quill, stripped - coated with clear varnish Wing: Duck quill Thorax/veiling: Argentinean hair, dyed olive; arctic fox underfur, dyed or... ...Hackle Emegrer is designed to be fished wet. Tied on a light wire hook and coat...