Find it all
Results 31-40, 8120 total, on "don" (1.47 seconds)
31. Donuts, coffee and fly fishing magazines on Steve's living room table - home to numerous remote controls, the functions of which were far beyond our grasp. The donuts were extremely poor by the way... (picture) - Donuts and coffee - Donuts and coffee - Global FlyFisher
... Things to do around Denver Donuts and coffee Donuts, coffee and fly fishing magazines on Steve's living room table - home to numerous remote controls... ...sp. The donuts were extremely poor by the way... Photo/illustration: Martin Joergensen 2005 Article Pictures Want to comment this page? Fill out the f... ...f you want to submit a private comment, not for publication, use this form Donuts, coffee and fly fishing magazines on Steve's living room table - hom... ...ons of which were far beyond our grasp. The donuts were extremely poor by the way... (picture) - Donuts and coffee - Donuts and coffee - Global FlyFis...
32. Donald A. Wilson - Glimpses of Maine's Angling Past - Book review - Global FlyFisher
...t published before January 1st 2001 More about: New england Carrie stevens Donald A. Wilson Glimpses of Maine's Angling Past Reviewed by Chris Del Pla... ...0 Donald A. Wilson Glimpses of Maine's Angling Past Arcadia Publishing Price US$ 18.99 ISBN 0-7385-0407-6 I recently spent an evening reading a new bo... ...thored by Donald Wilson. This is a very unique and interesting little book. No fly patterns. No fishing techniques. It is basically what the title imp... ...storical books covering major areas of just about every state. The author, Donald Wilson, is perhaps best known for his book...
33. The brown trout rivers of Estonia - Unknown and undiscovered. The pristine brown trout rivers of Estonia - Global FlyFisher
...ht in Estonia and some say that fishing here is too complicated to come. I don't who'... ...me is so important because in most rivers big fish don't eat in the surface outside of this period of course we have exceptions . The mayflies turn ev... ... wilderness and usually you don't meet other fishermen. Due to the fact that the water is so clear, fish are very selective and shy. If you learn how ... ...walking step. Estonian river sides are very often soft and springy. If you don't want to disturb the fish, sneak. Too heavy steps and the fish are gon...
34. Here is 24 excellent gifts for the fly-tying, fly-fishing angler - Christmas gifts - We haven't ever done anything like this before. Lists of Christmas gifts or stocking stuffers are very common everywhere, but this is the first ever on GFF. - Global FlyFisher
... for the fly-tying, fly-fishing angler - Christmas gifts - We haven't ever done anything like this before. Lists of Christmas gifts or stocking stuffe... ...ng tools | Comment Christmas gifts Published Nov 25th 2012 We haven't ever done anything... ...ones. Today's smartphones don't take much moisture, and a protective bag is a smart thing to have for your phone. The bags typically hang around the n... ...e's basically two kinds: synthetic and wool. Wool stays warm when wet, and don't be afraid that it scratches. Modern wool is very comf...
35. How to act right - Looking and behaving right on the water matters. Act or look the wrong way, and fellow anglers will spot you as a helpless beginner right away. This is the second chapter of two, and it will teach you what to do in order to get some stream cred. - Global FlyFisher
...eep warm and if it's sunny and comfortable, you prepare your rod first and don't get too warm in your fleece and waders.... ...s for some time you do wax, don't you? , bring out your fancy ferrule wax and give the ferrules a small treatment as you put them together. Mount the ... ...top. Pull the a couple of feet of the doubled fly line out of the tip, but don't pull the whole leader out. Grab the handle of the rod, keep the rod h... ... viola, the fly line will draw the leader out in a very controlled manner. Don't be a dork and have too little fly line out the to...
36. Confessions of a Mad Epoxy Tube Tier - Bob Kenly is reknown for his redically different epoxy tube flies. This article recaps his experience with epoxy - and adds advice on coloring eopxy. - Global FlyFisher
...nterest in unpredictability I'd sign up to drive a fuel tanker in Iraq and don't have that objectionable smell usually associated with epoxy the data ... ...rms and the data sheets don't seem to clear this up too well. They use a term called functional cure which is basically a time that the epoxy is hard ... ...ater based but the stuff mixes perfectly, I don't have a clue why this is but it works so don't argue. You can get acrylics in all sorts of colors or ... ...t too good to be true . Some acrylic paints have wax, look for paints that don't have wax as its easier to control. I prefer to mix my epoxy and acryl...
37. Fly Fishing with Solo Canoes - Quiet Water boats appeal to me in that these boats tend to be uncomplicated and free of electronics or other gadgets I think distract from the overall experience - Global FlyFisher
... I am extending my fly fishing season. When most trout anglers are done for the season because it is too hot, I am out on the water chasing bass, blue... ...e, easy to unload and offer many great advantages that several other boats don't have. These boat... ...ng at because you are so low. Kayaks are generally very fast and also they don't tip over easily because they are so low to the water. Because kayaks... ... see and cast out of. I just don't like boating and managing a kick boat. I would rather just take a real boat down, load it and start fishing then ma...
38. Mouse flies - Somewhat an oxymoron - a fly that's a mammal - but still a fun fly to tie, and not least to fish when the large fish are tuned in on a mouse menu. - Global FlyFisher
...he common mouse species are generally smaller than most people imagine, so don't worry too much about making big flies.... ... finished fly. If you just flare the hair on the top of the hook shank and don't a... ... hair to a dense body and trim it with scissors or a razor blade when it's done. This allows you to make some immensely dense bodies, almost solid and... ...e finished body a bit of spray varnish when it's done, it's almost as water repellent as cork. You can add eyes and ears after the spun and trimmed bo...
39. 10 easy ways to break a rod - ...or how to avoid it - Global FlyFisher
.... Oops, forgot a guide ring there, calm down, start again. OK done. Lean the rod against the car. Pull on the waders. Hey, it seems the breeze picks u... ...u don't accept to occasionally overrun the hole, you will always hit short. Same thing with fly-fishing. If you are afraid of hooking the trees, you'l... ...: no, I don't play golf. I just heard it on TV and I thought it made a lot of sense . So your last cast was just a touch too long and sent the fly spi... ...know you shouldn't pull with the rod, but you don't want to spoil this hot spot and you're a little nervous. It starts with a little tug, then a bette...
40. Hans' Cicada - This fly surprised me, it caught fish on the small streams that I fish in the Black Hills. It brought large trout to the surface when nothing else would. Do they take it for a cicada? I don't know, but it does catch fish. This fly is inspired by the cicada patterns I encountered in New Zealand. I tie it in a size 6 but it can be tied larger or smaller depending on the size of the bugs in your neck of the woods. - fly fishing video channel - Global FlyFisher
...a? I don't know, but it does catch fish. This fly is inspired by the cicada patterns I encountered in New Zealand. I tie it in a size 6 but it can... ...ut to the surface when nothing else would. Do they take it for a cicada? I don't know, but it does catch fish. This fly is inspired by the cicada ... ... Notify me on new comments to this article on the above email-address. You don't have to comment to start or stop notifications. Continue All ... ...u can easily fill a box in no time. May 3rd 2011 Build a rod, 5 The rod is done and you need to determine what line is best for it. Don't always trust...