Find it all
Results 41-50, 8609 total, on "don" (1.12 seconds)
41. Hans' Cicada - This fly surprised me, it caught fish on the small streams that I fish in the Black Hills. It brought large trout to the surface when nothing else would. Do they take it for a cicada? I don't know, but it does catch fish. This fly is inspired by the cicada patterns I encountered in New Zealand. I tie it in a size 6 but it can be tied larger or smaller depending on the size of the bugs in your neck of the woods. - fly fishing video channel - Global FlyFisher
...a? I don't know, but it does catch fish. This fly is inspired by the cicada patterns I encountered in New Zealand. I tie it in a size 6 but it can... ...ut to the surface when nothing else would. Do they take it for a cicada? I don't know, but it does catch fish. This fly is inspired by the cicada ... ... Notify me on new comments to this article on the above email-address. You don't have to comment to start or stop notifications. Continue All ... ...u can easily fill a box in no time. May 3rd 2011 Build a rod, 5 The rod is done and you need to determine what line is best for it. Don't always trust...
42. Catch & release - Danish inshore fishing - - Global FlyFisher
...nd then immediatly sticking her head in the bathtub! Don't try this at home. What a great analogy. Remember this when you fight a fish you intend to r... ...arly as possible if the fish will be released. Don't net it and judge it in there You might want to wade into shallow or less turbulent water to land ... ... fish that are going to be released. Take them with your hands if possible Don't squeeze the fish. Trout are especially voulnerable, and it's very eas... ... the hook and try to loosen it Don't use tools unless it's absolutely necessary. Locking forceps can of great help, though Pictures should be taken in...
43. Winter fishing can be both beautiful and comfortable - and sometimes even productive. (picture) - Don't cheat yourself - Don't cheat yourself - Global FlyFisher
... Don't freeze Don't cheat yourself Winter fishing can be both beautiful and comfortable - and sometimes even productive. Photo/illustration: Kasper Mü... ...etimes even productive. (picture) - Don't cheat yourself - Don't cheat yourself - Global FlyFisher The Global FlyFisher Don't freeze Winter fishing ca... ...es even productive. (picture) - Don't cheat yourself - Don't cheat yourself - Global FlyFisher The Global FlyFisher Don't freeze Winter fishing can be... ...ven productive. (picture) - Don't cheat yourself - Don't cheat yourself - Global FlyFisher The Global FlyFisher Don't freeze global, fly, fisher, flyp...
44. Tied in the Hand - Odyssey of a salmon fly-tyer - Sven-Olov H?rd - book review - Global FlyFisher
...F rating: 7 out of 7 Xtra Global Class! Reviewed by Martin Joergensen Well done, Mr. Hård! You have made an overwhelming book! For many reasons. Of co... ... no vice, and taking this into consideration they are more than perfect. I don't know if it's the technique, by design or the way the materials are c... ...ut technically unrivaled . Exactly how I judge the flies in the book. Well done Mr. Hård! + + Blue... ...tta Hjelm, who has also done the layout more on that below and are as good and better than many of the fly photographs found other places, and orders ...
45. Fish Skull Circus Peanut - Hans Stephenson of Dakota Angler ties a Fish Skull version of the Circus Peanut Streamer. This color scheme combined with the articulation is very effective on rivers such as Wyoming's North Platte. It is also effective on the Bighorn River. Don't hesitate to use it on smaller streams too. Big trout eat big flies. - fly fishing video channel - Global FlyFisher
...such as Wyoming's North Platte. It is also effective on the Bighorn River. Don't hesitate to use it on smaller streams too. Big trout eat big flies. -... ...orth Platte. It is also effective on the Bighorn River. Don't hesitate to use it on smaller streams too. Big trout eat big flies. Originator: Hans Ste... ...icle on the above email-address. You don't have to comment to start or stop notifications. Continue All comments will be screened by the GFF staff bef... ...he Patagonian waters told by local guide Heiko Schneider. Without the work done by people a century ago, Argentina would be a very dif...
46. Build a rod, 2: Reel Seat and Handle - Part 2: Creating and finishing a cork rod handle and a fighting butt - Global FlyFisher
...ke and take measures of handles you like and some you don't like to find the dimensions of your ideal handle. For that you can use the attached tables... ...upright and has to be done for each end of the reel seat for obvious reasons. With these bonds made of epoxy any reel seat for a fly rod should be wel... ...ave done here, or on a thread rod, which is a little more safe for your first rod. For the thread rod method I would like to give the suggestion to re... ...essed hood. This has to be done carefully to avoid braking the cork, which obviously tends to be fragile in thinner diameters. It is best done with a ...
47. Everyday Fly Tying Tips - A couple things I've learned over the years - Global FlyFisher
...tti My tying desk. Chaos, but organized chaos! AK Best once wrote that you don't really know how to tie a fly until you've tied a hundred dozen. That ... ...ies per hour . I do not tie like that, and chances are neither do you. You don't really know how to tie a fly until you've tied a hundred dozen Not a ... ...st of my tying is for fun these days. Speed is not a concern, but I don't want to waste my time either. There are things I can do to make my life easi... ...f interest, even if you're not a wet behind the ears beginner. We're never done learning new things. Just last month I was watching Ted Patle...
48. How to look good - Appearance and behavior are two very important aspects of fly fishing. Act or look the wrong way, and fellow anglers will immediately judge you as an amateur. This first chapter of two will teach you what to wear and carry. - Global FlyFisher
...chapter of two will teach you what to wear and carry. By Martin Joergensen Don't fall through Ma... ...blue collar background and worst of all are plat cotton lumberjack-shirts. Don't go there! If you wear a vest , it's g... ... for good measure and to strike conversation. If you don't fish streams, transform this to salmon flies small black doubles and a single large gaudy t... ...ouflage? Don't even ask... And just for good measure: you wear the jacket on the outside of the waders. Never inside. Never! Gloves ...? Well, we just...
49. Bobbin holders - Most people use a bobbin holder when they tie flies. In spite of being a simple tool there are some pretty advanced models out there. This is a look at the ins and outs of bobbin holders. - Global FlyFisher
...ecrease tension. No matter whether the adjustment is done one or the other way, the final friction in these holders is partly dependent on the thread ... ...he advantage is of course that you don't have to rewind thread, but simply move the tube of the bobbin holder wherever you want to, and it will immedi... ... it is, and it can easily be done with one hand while tying. Multiple functions A few bobbin holders have more functions, and one function that has be... ...ople with access to good tools and materials, it might be worth a try. But don't expect to save much money. The least expens...
50. Better fishing pictures: The Perfect Camera - An article on selecting the right digital camera for fishing photography - Global FlyFisher
...ully into the camera. Some of these cameras have a twistable LCD, but most don’t. Most of them have a viewfinder, but some don’t. The flash is small a... ...mera usually knows what he wants, has some prior experience with SLR’s and don’t mind a he... ...k, and have the facilities you will need. Don’t go too low, though. Some of these cameras are downright lousy, particularly the non-brand ones found i... ...s not nearly as critical, and about 70-100 mm film equivalent will do. And don’t even read the specs for digital zoom. Don’t use digital zoom! Macro f...