Find it all
Results 41-50, 7206 total, on "eg patterns" (0.51 seconds)
"eg", is too short a word and was ignored.
41. Freshwater Deceivers - Global FlyFisher
...eiver and prompted us to write a small feature on some of our own deceiver patterns. The deceiver was first tied by Lefty Kreh in the 50's for striped... ...revents it from fouling. As with most saltwater patterns, flash is usually added somewhere in the pattern. Whether you scale down saltwater versions o... ...rns, or create new patterns, you should experiment with this fly in fresh water--its a good one. Fly Tyer, vol. 5, no. 1, Spring '99 Traditional New E... ...led rivers & lakes of Maine, a handful of traditional New England streamer patterns provide perfectly credi...
42. Streamers Of Bert Quimby
... fly history. While his streamers are often wallet-mates of quintessential patterns by famed creators such as Carrie Stevens and Herb Welch, the afore... ...er designs, but would also have a hand in many other soon-to-be-well-known patterns. As for his own flies, he is perhaps best known for the Green Ghos... ...tributed to Quimby by Harold Smedley in his book Fly Patterns and Their Origins. Smedley, however, also makes mention of a Red Ghost and Kennebago Spe... ...s those patterns are generally accepted to be originated by Ray Salminen and Bill Edson, respectively. There were, of course, his less 'ghostly' strea...
43. Dry-Fly Patterns for the New Millenium by Poul Jorgensen - Global FlyFisher
...published February 24th 2003 More about: Dry flies GFF book review Dry-Fly Patterns for the New Millenium Author: Poul Jorgensen More books and videos... ...en Title Dry-Fly Patterns for the New Millenium Publisher Frank Amato Publications, 2002 ISBN 1-57188-244-8 Pages 87 Price US$19.95 GFF rating: 5 Exce... ...endrickson, and AK Best's Frying Pan Biot Green Drake Dun, to contemporary patterns, terrestrials, and extra-terrest... ...eone elses I couldn't find it , or it's simply missing. In addition to the patterns and photos, the book has a few text chapters up f...
44. Classic Wet Flies - Bergman and Beyond - Global FlyFisher
... flies on each side of the box. Since I had two boxes, I had a total of 20 patterns to tie. I listed th... ...e patterns on a sheet of paper and sat down and tied. By New Year's, I was done. The first few were a little rough, and even some toward the end have ... ...f the vise pretty consistently. A word or two about materials: Some of the patterns call for a tail of yellow or red . In most instances, instead of u... ...e sat unused for quite a few years until this project, when several of the patterns called for mottled turkey. These speckled hens hav...
45. Articulated Fly Tutorial - Rattles up! - This pattern is based off of Kelly Galloup's Tips-up with a few twists. The coolest innovation in this fly is the rattle in the tail. Here in the Wild Angling lab we wanted to get rattles in the fly without the huge bulk of tying it on the shank. So we came up with hiding it in the tail! Definitely gonna be adding more large rattles in other patterns with this style. Check out the video and let us know what you think!! Material List: Hooks- Tiemco 8089 #6 (Gama B10's in size #1 would work good) Blood Quill Marabou- Pearl Gray Flashabou- Silver Wapsi Perfect Popper- #8 Schlappen- White Estaz Chenille- Pearl Rubber Legs- White Mallard Flank Feather Senyo's Laser Dub- White, Silver Minnow Belly Hook Connection- Beadalon 19 strand 0.018" wire - fly fishing video channel - Global FlyFisher
...and Fly Tying GFF Videos Home Home News Pipeline Themes Blog Hitlist Store Patterns Pat... ...ear Rods Tying tools Read/watch list Quick takes Forum Forum Forum section Patterns Fly tying Fly fishing Rod building About GFF Site tools Site tools... ...attles in other patterns with this style. Check out the video and let us know what you think!! Material List: Hooks- Tiemco 8089 #6 Gama B10's in size... ...lies and More First a foremost a DVD covering 10 very neat and fairly easy patterns tied for chalkstream use, but also very usef...
46. Streamers - Raske's New England Streamer Page - Global FlyFisher
... the streamers@ mailing list tried their hand at converting classic salmon patterns to trout flies. Streamers This book is touted mainly as an instruc... ...e Hornberg patterns. Fall Streamers Looking for some juicy streamers to swing in your favorite trout stream or pond in the coming Fall? Check out thes... ...ghts the latest creations/conversions by Streamer List members. All of the patterns in this... ...amers. Read Bob Petti's article about Mike's beautiful, classical streamer patterns. Carrie's Challenge I have never used a vise; I have never seen an...
47. Streamers - Raske's New England Streamer Page - Global FlyFisher
...article may seem like heresy to dedicated tyers of classic atlantic salmon patterns, ... ...ught it might be a fun exercise this winter to adapt some of these classic patterns to New England streamers. It was indeed a challenging and enjoyabl... ...ut Mike's beautiful, classical streamer patterns. Blacknosed dace Brook trout Carrie Stevens II One of the true parents of streamer fly fishing, parti... ...t only throughout the United States but all over the world. Carrie Stevens patterns Car...
48. DJ-Special Bonefish fly - I was introduced to this pattern by Dale and Joanie when I met them on a flat that had a lot of tailing bones at that time, I was eager to fish but decided that it was best to chat with them first. They where very nice and we began discussing Bonefish flies very quickly. I showed them my box and they loved my DD-Shrimp, so I gave them a few to try. In return Dale showed me his secret fly, no name and a no nonsense fly, but it looked very.... very fishy! I caught a bunch of bones on Dales fly that trip and it is a standard in my box now! Representing a small crab or a hermit-crab it looks different than most patterns. So tie some over Dales special flies for your next outing, the bones will love them! - fly fishing video channel - Global FlyFisher
...ab or a hermit-crab it looks different than most patterns. So tie some over Dales special flies for your next outing, the bones will love them! - fly ... ...and Fly Tying GFF Videos Home Home News Pipeline Themes Blog Hitlist Store Patterns Patterns Pattern section Suggest pattern Tie better St... ... Read/watch list Quick takes Forum Forum Forum section Patterns Fly tying Fly fishing Rod building About GFF Site tools Site tools Search Sitemap Comm... ... different than most patterns. So tie some over Dales special flies for your next outing, the bones will love them! Originator: Maarten Bruinenberg We...
49. A Thought Or Two About Hackles... - Raske's New England Streamers - Global FlyFisher
...mer is used so broadly. For my purposes, I'll describe a streamer as those patterns intended to represent forage fish. Within this category of forage ... ...for streamer patterns. Left, Right, and Neutral Hackles All hackles, regardless of the source they come from, that are used for winging streamers fall... ...ckle is the best choice for larger patterns. I would qualify the term larger as being those patterns tied on size 6, 8X long or larger hooks, and tand... ... of choice for tying patterns larger than size 6 in the Rangeley Style . Unfortunately for streamer tyers....the top-notch saddle hackles are hard to ...
50. Fly Fishing And Fly Tying on the cutting edge - The Global FlyFisher
...weitzer, Bob Petti, & Bob Skehan PATTERNS TIE BETTER FISH BETTER STREAMERS STAFF GALLERY GLOBAL ROD BUILDING REVIEWS REPORTS WALLPAPERS eCARDS COMMENT... ... Hot right now 1 Fill-the-box 2 Vltava-Dobrá 3 Pic: On the left t... 4 Fly patterns 5 Pic: I start... ...ed out... 6 Pic: My last black... 7 Essential Patterns 8 Smallmouth Jump Hot this week Latest GFFPic · Submit your own · See the best Mo... ...by Buggers Montana Trout The Curtis Creek Man... More... Reviews Essential Patterns More Small Flies Streamers Biological Time Innovative Saltwater......