Find it all
Results 61-70, 1757 total, on "eye" (0.36 seconds)
61. Tooth & Nail - A Pair of Pike Flies That Can Take a Beating - Global FlyFisher
...sh Wing Super Hair Overwing Icelandic sheep hair Eyes Prismatic Head 5 minute epoxy Mark Dysinger Mark Dysinger Prince of Pike Mark Dysinger Tying ins... ...ono a third of the shank behind the hook eye. From this position, secure the flat tinsel and Larva Lace material. Wrap the tinsel to the hook bend and... ...oint behind the hook eye. Secure with several strong wraps of mono, and trim the excess. Invert the hook in the vise so that it lays hook point up and... ...mono. The tying portion is now complete. Add your favorite prismatic or 3D eyes and seal the head area with some five minute epoxy. If the finished fl...
62. Rotating vices - Global FlyFisher
...er winding the thread clockwise when seen from the hook eye you can use the following guidelines. If you tie with the left hand or counterclockwise yo... ... will hold the thread horizontally away from your fly in front of the hook eye, thus making it parallel to the hook shank. As the thread will often be... ...thread while rotating, you will have to wind the material towards the hook eye, thus keeping the thread in front of the material near the eye. Decide ... ...he fly. One place seems to have a magic attraction though, and that is the eye. By using the rotation you can not only get an ...
63. Nick Granato's Sasquatch - The first fly in the Nick Granato Series.....the Sasquatch. I like to call Nick Granato the "Mad Scientist" of fly designers. Looking at the recipe for this fly you think "How in the WORLD will this stuff make a good looking fly??" and then you get something as sexy as any fly I have ever seen. Crazy-Cool and fishes REALLY well. Recipe: Hook - Gamakatsu B10s #1 http://www.feather-craft.com/wecs.php... Eyes - Real Eyes (or Clear Cure Weighted Eyes) http://www.feather-craft.com/wecs.php... Tail - Bucktail http://www.feather-craft.com/wecs.php... Tail - Marabou http://www.feather-craft.com/wecs.php... Tail - Flashabou http://www.feather-craft.com/wecs.php... Tail - Flash Blend http://www.feather-craft.com/wecs.php... Tail - Marabou Tail - Crystal Flash http://www.feather-craft.com/wecs.php... Tail - Peacock Herl http://www.feather-craft.com/wecs.php... Tail - Rubber Legs (Spinnerbait Skirt!) Hackle - Barred Saddle (or Barred Schlappen) http://www.feather-craft.com/wecs.php... Head - Craft Fur Dubbing Brush colored with markers. - fly fishing video channel - Global FlyFisher
...//www.feather-craft.com/wecs.php... Eyes - Real Eyes or Clear Cure Weighted Eyes http://www.feather-craft.com/wecs.php... Tail - Bucktail http://www.f... ...Recipe: Hook - Gamakatsu B10s #1 http://www.feather-craft.com/wecs.php ... Eyes - Real Eyes or Clear Cure Weighted Eyes http://www.feather-craf... ... Recipe: Hook - Gamakatsu B10s #1 http://www.feather-craft.com/wecs.php... Eyes - Real Eyes (or Clear Cure Weighted Eyes) http://www.feather-craft.com... ... Recipe: Hook - Gamakatsu B10s #1 http://www.feather-craft.com/wecs.php... Eyes - Real Eyes (or Clear Cure Weighted Eyes) http://www.feather-craft.com...
64. Steelhead and Spines - Our addiction to mountains and rivers has always had us looking north to Alaska, where big fish and mountains existed on a level we had only experienced in our dreams. As the winter of 2012 continued to disappoint in the lower 48, it was obvious that Alaska was being buried in snow. It seemed like the time was right, that maybe after 10 years of "practice" in Utah, we were ready for our journey north. We hit the road in March, putting everything we had into our first and for all we knew, our last adventure to Alaska, with two things on our mind, steelhead and spines. We joined forces with three of our friends from Utah, for a ski-plane assisted camping expedition in the heart of south eastern Alaska's backcountry. Over 50 miles by wing from the nearest road, our pilot dropped the 5 of us off on a big lonely glacier encircled by jagged mountains, and in the spirit of adventure, wished us good luck. We would need it. From that point on, the feeling of being completely alone in a wild and unknown land for the first time in our lives penetrated every cell in our bodies. Only one person in our group had ever been to Alaska, Chris Coulter. On day 8 when he suddenly left to work in Haines as a heli guide, the feeling of isolation crept deeper into our minds, and it had never felt so good. We chose to do this trip without any guides, plans, itineraries, or rules simply because we wanted to have our own experience. We wanted it to be raw, unknown, and we wanted it to be an adventure. Of course the style we chose made things much more difficult for us than they could have been, but the feeling of accomplishment was immense. We found glorious spines to ride, and stumbled upon one of the best runs of wild Steelhead in the world. Returning home safely from our first journey to Alaska signified a successful mission, along with the wonderful new memories from the greatest riding and fishing experiences of our lives. http://facebook.com/provobros http://ianprovo.com http://neilprovo.com Big thanks to Outdoor Research, Orvis, Backcountry.com, Voile, and Smith Optics music: "Elephant" - Tame Impala "Golden" - Tired Eyes Music "Bicycle Bicycle" - Early B "Distant Time" - Tired Eyes Music "Such a Sky" - Tired Eyes Music "Shining Sun Riddim" - Riga / Hemp Higher Prod. "Heaven's on Fire" - The Radio Dept. - fly fishing video channel - Global FlyFisher
....com, Voile, and Smith Optics music: Elephant - Tame Impala Golden - Tired Eyes Music Bicycle Bicycle - Early B Dis... ...tant Time - Tired Eyes Music Such a Sky - Tired Eyes Music Shining Sun Riddim - Riga / Hemp Higher Prod. Heaven's on Fire - The Radio Dept. - fly fish... ....com, Voile, and Smith Optics music: Elephant - Tame Impala Golden - Tired Eyes Music Bicycle Bicycle - Early B Distant Time - Tired Eyes Mu... ...sic Such a Sky - Tired Eyes Music Shining Sun Riddim - Riga / Hemp Higher Prod. Heaven's on Fire - The Radio Dept. Originator: The Provo Bros Submitte...
65. Global Fly Fisher, Lake Erie Shiner
...a replacement will be mos difficult to find. Painted eyes might not make a bit of difference to the fish, but they make a world of difference to my co... ...ffort. If you don't believe in painted eyes, by all means leave them out, but if you're on the fence, take the time and add the eyes. The only streame... ...t use jungle cock. All my bucktails and marabou winged flies have painted eyes. I first coat the head with two or so coats of clear nail polish to sea... ...es and other head lacquers than the model paints most folks use. I dab the eye...
66. Three simple streamers - Three simple mixed wing streamers that are really quite attractive - Global FlyFisher
...f materials, the overall shape and color of the streamers really caught my eye. Of the three, I've found the Red Squirrel Gold to be particularly affe... ... Cheek: Jungle cock eyes Head: Black Red Squirrel Gold Streamer Hook: Mustad 3665A, #6 Body: Gold Embossed Tinsel Underwing: Red Squirrel Tail Wing: F... ...ed red golden pheasant crest Cheek: Jungle cock eyes Head: Black Bucktail Silver Streamer Hook: VMC 8xl, #4 Body: Silver embossed tinsel Underwing: Wh... ...ed hackle original has dyed red golden pheasant crest Cheek: Jungle cock eyes Head: Black Tied here as the demonstration of the style is my take on th...
67. Stewart and Leeman's Lost Flies - Finally putting images to the text - Global FlyFisher
...te Smith <td Thread: Black Body: Red Floss Rib: Flat Silver Tinsel Wing: Red Bucktail over which white bucktail, purple bucktail, and black bucktail E... ...he length of the wing Throat: Red hackle, bead style Cheek: Jungle Cock Eyes: Pained red w/ white center Bell Special Tied by Chris Leonard <td Thread... ...ddle hackles flanked by two black saddle hackles Shoulder: Silver Pheasant Eyes: Painted White Canadian Killer Tied by Monte Smith <td Thread: Red Tag... ...ied by Lindsey Grandison <td Thread: Black Body: White Floss Throat: Sparse white bucktail Wing: Two light badger hackles Eyes: Clear glass eyes with ...
68. The CDC & Elk family - Hans Weilenmann's CDC & Elk is a fly as good as they come. Still a lot of people - including Hans himself - have made variations - Global FlyFisher
...ls Hook Dry fly, down eye, size 12-16 Thread 12/0 Bennechi, yellow Body Natural CDC Wing Elk Instead of Hans' prefered Deer Hair Legs Speckled rubber ... ...en separated and spread out. Fran even added a tail and bit of flash as an eye catcher to the fly. See more on Fran's fly on Hans' web p... ... Of course I named it The Foamhead CDC & Elk. Materials Hook Dry fly, down eye,... ...f fly. Paul's variation in this picture has both long stalked monofilament eyes and some flash in the material's list while my own variation of the va...
69. Discovering the Marbury Lake Flies - If today's tyer wants to tie the Mary Orvis Marbury Lake flies, they would be wise to think 'old school', and transport themselves back to a time when the hooks had blind eyes, the materials were natural, and the flies were colorful - Global FlyFisher
...oks had blind eyes, the materials were natural, and the flies were colorful - Global FlyFisher The Global FlyFisher - A Good Place to go for Online Fl... ... school', and transport themselves back to a time when the hooks had blind eyes, the materials were natural, ... ...were large and gaudy by comparison, tied with gut snells or twisted gut eyes. The Salmon flies were based mostly upon their British cousins, with a fe... ... school', and transport themselves back to a time when the hooks had blind eyes, the materials were natural, and the flies were ...
70. Yellow Marabou Special - A Classic Pattern with a Tying Trick - Global FlyFisher
...ow—you guys are rolling your eyes already. This is not a product placement ad. I don't work for Whiting, have no financial interest in the company, ya... ...roat : Red Hackle Head : Black, w/ painted eyes pearl w/ black pupils Start your black thread, but hold on. No need to wrap to the bend. Just start th... ...hite bucktail with pinch-n-loop so that the butts reach to the back of the eye. Cover the butts with a smooth layer of thread, setting the foundation ... ...and saves trying to fit the scissors under the fly next to the down-turned eye. Select a Silver Pheasant crest ...