Find it all
Results 81-90, 2059 total, on "eye" (0.24 seconds)
81. Clouser Deep Minnow - Only a few patterns are as generally useful and widespread as the Clouser Deep Minnow. - Global FlyFisher
...ow to do it. Eyes and hair Eyes and hair The fly is tied with bucktail. I hear many anglers and tyers complaining that the deer hair is too stiff, but... ... own specimens tend to be tied with white, gray, black and brown hair. For eyes I normally use bead chain. I don't like the flies too heavy. The origi... ...s lead dumbbell eyes, and large ones at that, and really make the fly live up to the Deep part in its name. Video instruction Tying the fly As I alrea... ...n is the way to do it, and his way of tying on the hair in relation to the eyes is what defines this fly. The placement of the eyes is something that ...
82. Jack Plotts' Foam flies - These foam flies were sent to us 10 years ago, and this article has been long underway... - Global FlyFisher
... back from eye. see diagram 2. Wrap the foam on the hook back to the bend. Clap the extra foam and legs with a clothes pin out of the way for now 3. T... ... and tie off. 4. Pull the foam top, and legs, over the top and hook eye. You should determine where the tie-down point will be. Mark the spot or go ah... ...ee can lid. 1. Center the hook point on disk - impale and slide it to hook eye 2. Tie your favored Ho... ...legged slider type pattern found on the web. I've added plastic bead chain eyes as a variation, to add ...
83. Tie Better - Learn to tie better flies - Global FlyFisher
...tells about his Baby Buggers , and how well they cast and fish. Bead chain eyes You w... ...-- The Magnus, Bjarke and Grey Frede are prime examples -- have bead chain eyes. These eyes serve two purposes: weight and imitation. The eyes till ad... ...it of weight in the front end of the fly and the balls obviously look like eyes. Their shiny surface even adds an attractive feature that will glimpse... ... and eyes Beads or eyes are added for one or both of two reasons: weight and appearance. The eyes and beads discussed here are made from metal: brass,...
84. Mini Pig - The Baltic seatrout community has been going berserk over a huge pink fly called the Pink Pig. I find that the Mini Pig is a more sensible alternative. - Global FlyFisher
...wn or olive in my eyes. I realize that strange colors work + + Minified Ken Bonde Larsen - Martin Joergensen A small pink alternative My good fishing ... ...s and some teased out dubbing. The body hackle is shorter and lighter. The eyes are the same: black melted and coated nylon eyes. The aura-technique K... ... and pink hackle tail , a simple dubbed body and large, black monofilament eyes. It can be tied in a minute, and is both very durable and hassle free ... ...um Target species Sea trout sea run Materials Hook Curved shank, straight eye, saltwater resistant size 6, 4 or 2 Weight Heavy wire, lead or alternat...
85. Global Fly Fisher, Eyes, beads, and cones - history, usage, tying and fishing weighted flies.
...TER LAB GALLERY GLOBAL REPORTS REVIEWS SEARCH ABOUT FORUM STAFF CONTACT US Eyes, beads and bullets - where to get them Where to find these beads and e... ...is section: Intro Eyes - Bead chain - Cast/dumbbell Beads Cones Tying them on Contacts Flies with eyes: Magnus Bjarke Fair Fly Crazy Dane Flies with b... ...FMJNM Magnus cone Further reading: The history of the bead head Bead chain eyes Monofilament eyes Pearl eyes Contact Normal round brass and tungsten b... ... chain and dumbbell eyes are available in most fly shops. But some of the special beads, cones and eyes mentioned here aren't easily found. Try to con...
86. Mouse flies - Somewhat an oxymoron - a fly that's a mammal - but still a fun fly to tie, and not least to fish when the large fish are tuned in on a mouse menu. - Global FlyFisher
...y aquatic predators with eyes and mouths fixed upwards towards the surface and the swimming snacks. + A mouse year box? Nils Jorgensen Imitating a mou... ...it's dark. To us humans the small, black, shiny eyes and cute little ears are also key traits to mice, but I doubt that the fish care much for eyes an... ... eyes - not to mention whiskers - will definitely sell better than the blind, deaf and dumb? mouse. And kids and cats love them... And kids and cats l... ...ng and love tying them. As with the foam mouse you can opt out on ears and eyes, bu...
87. Tie Better - Learn to tie better flies - Global FlyFisher
...he new hot way to do it! Let our own Mad Scientist teach you more... Brush eyes Shrimp patterns are always fun to tie. Thes... ... Bead chain eyes You will see that many of the Danish saltwater flies -- The Magnus, Bjarke and Grey Frede are prime examples -- have bead chain eyes.... ...on. The eyes till add quite a bit of weight in the front end of the fly and the balls obviously look like eyes. Their shiny surface even adds an attra... ...ion of the fish. Beads and eyes Beads or eyes are added for one or both of two reasons: weight and appearance. The eyes and beads discussed here are m...
88. Steelhead and Spines - Our addiction to mountains and rivers has always had us looking north to Alaska, where big fish and mountains existed on a level we had only experienced in our dreams. As the winter of 2012 continued to disappoint in the lower 48, it was obvious that Alaska was being buried in snow. It seemed like the time was right, that maybe after 10 years of "practice" in Utah, we were ready for our journey north. We hit the road in March, putting everything we had into our first and for all we knew, our last adventure to Alaska, with two things on our mind, steelhead and spines. We joined forces with three of our friends from Utah, for a ski-plane assisted camping expedition in the heart of south eastern Alaska's backcountry. Over 50 miles by wing from the nearest road, our pilot dropped the 5 of us off on a big lonely glacier encircled by jagged mountains, and in the spirit of adventure, wished us good luck. We would need it. From that point on, the feeling of being completely alone in a wild and unknown land for the first time in our lives penetrated every cell in our bodies. Only one person in our group had ever been to Alaska, Chris Coulter. On day 8 when he suddenly left to work in Haines as a heli guide, the feeling of isolation crept deeper into our minds, and it had never felt so good. We chose to do this trip without any guides, plans, itineraries, or rules simply because we wanted to have our own experience. We wanted it to be raw, unknown, and we wanted it to be an adventure. Of course the style we chose made things much more difficult for us than they could have been, but the feeling of accomplishment was immense. We found glorious spines to ride, and stumbled upon one of the best runs of wild Steelhead in the world. Returning home safely from our first journey to Alaska signified a successful mission, along with the wonderful new memories from the greatest riding and fishing experiences of our lives. http://facebook.com/provobros http://ianprovo.com http://neilprovo.com Big thanks to Outdoor Research, Orvis, Backcountry.com, Voile, and Smith Optics music: "Elephant" - Tame Impala "Golden" - Tired Eyes Music "Bicycle Bicycle" - Early B "Distant Time" - Tired Eyes Music "Such a Sky" - Tired Eyes Music "Shining Sun Riddim" - Riga / Hemp Higher Prod. "Heaven's on Fire" - The Radio Dept. - fly fishing video channel - Global FlyFisher
....com, Voile, and Smith Optics music: Elephant - Tame Impala Golden - Tired Eyes Music Bicycle Bicycle - Early B Dis... ...tant Time - Tired Eyes Music Such a Sky - Tired Eyes Music Shining Sun Riddim - Riga / Hemp Higher Prod. Heaven's on Fire - The Radio Dept. - fly fish... ....com, Voile, and Smith Optics music: Elephant - Tame Impala Golden - Tired Eyes Music Bicycle Bicycle - Early B Distant Time - Tired Eyes Mu... ...sic Such a Sky - Tired Eyes Music Shining Sun Riddim - Riga / Hemp Higher Prod. Heaven's on Fire - The Radio Dept. Originator: The Provo Bros Submitte...
89. Tooth & Nail - A Pair of Pike Flies That Can Take a Beating - Global FlyFisher
...sh Wing Super Hair Overwing Icelandic sheep hair Eyes Prismatic Head 5 minute epoxy Mark Dysinger Mark Dysinger Prince of Pike Mark Dysinger Tying ins... ...ono a third of the shank behind the hook eye. From this position, secure the flat tinsel and Larva Lace material. Wrap the tinsel to the hook bend and... ...oint behind the hook eye. Secure with several strong wraps of mono, and trim the excess. Invert the hook in the vise so that it lays hook point up and... ...mono. The tying portion is now complete. Add your favorite prismatic or 3D eyes and seal the head area with some five minute epoxy. If the finished fl...
90. Rotating vices - Global FlyFisher
...er winding the thread clockwise when seen from the hook eye you can use the following guidelines. If you tie with the left hand or counterclockwise yo... ... will hold the thread horizontally away from your fly in front of the hook eye, thus making it parallel to the hook shank. As the thread will often be... ...thread while rotating, you will have to wind the material towards the hook eye, thus keeping the thread in front of the material near the eye. Decide ... ...he fly. One place seems to have a magic attraction though, and that is the eye. By using the rotation you can not only get an ...