Find it all
Results 91-100, 1943 total, on "eye" (0.49 seconds)
91. Lake Erie Shiner - A Killing Bucktail from the vise of Floyd Franke - Global FlyFisher
... find. Painted eyes might not make a bit of difference to the fish, but they make a world of difference to my confidence in the fly. I think they are ... ... eyes, by all means leave them out, but if you're on the fence, take the time and add the eyes. The only streamers I tie without eyes anymore are feat... ...d marabou winged flies have painted eyes. I first coat the head with two or so coats of clear nail polish to seal the thread thus preventing the paint... ...es and other head lacquers than the model paints most folks use. I dab the eyes with the ends of a 1/4 dowel that wa...
92. Global Fly Fisher, Eyes, beads, and cones - history, usage, tying and fishing weighted flies.
...nes and bullets Just a bead with a different shape? In this section: Intro Eyes - ... ...Bead chain - Cast/dumbbell Beads Cones Tying them on Contacts Flies with eyes: Magnus Bjarke Fair Fly Crazy Dane Flies with beads: Flashback Prince Ny... ...FMJNM Magnus cone Further reading: The history of the bead head Bead chain eyes Monofilament eyes Pearl eyes Roman Moser's slender brass cones used fo... ...als and colors. The newest cones are extra heavy tungsten cones. Cones and eyes from Bestco - a company that can deliver a large assortment. Continue ...
93. Honey Shrimp - A flexi legged appetizer - Global FlyFisher
... First published December 9th 2006 More about: Bonefish Cod Epoxy Eyes Imitations Sea trout Sea trout flies Shrimp Trout Patterns Tie Better Honey Shr... ...e vice, but first you have to prepare a few materials. You need some epoxy eyes , rubber legs and dubbing. The eyes takes time to mak... ...u can buy some, but isn't it more fun to make your own? When you have made eyes enough, make 8 rubber legs for each fly. Then make a d... ...Tan, 8/0 Weight Lead free wire or tungsten Eyes Epoxy eyes, medium or large Legs Flexi-legs or Sili-legs Rib Nylon, 0,18 mm Body Dubbing, sandy colore...
94. Yellow Marabou Special - A Classic Pattern with a Tying Trick - Global FlyFisher
...ow—you guys are rolling your eyes already. This is not a product placement ad. I don't work for Whiting, have no financial interest in the company, ya... ...roat : Red Hackle Head : Black, w/ painted eyes pearl w/ black pupils Start your black thread, but hold on. No need to wrap to the bend. Just start th... ...hite bucktail with pinch-n-loop so that the butts reach to the back of the eye. Cover the butts with a smooth layer of thread, setting the foundation ... ...and saves trying to fit the scissors under the fly next to the down-turned eye. Select a Silver Pheasant crest ...
95. Salmon King of the Sea - Global FlyFisher
...ping: Peacock Herl 8 Eyes: Chartreuse 2mm stick on Epoxy: Clear with ultra fine green glitter Tie in white tail/body materials under the hook and oliv... ...amond Braid body over top. Add the lateral by tying in at the eye and tying down the flash to the bend. Leave mono at bend, and use the red thread to ... ...of the body and tie down with the mono the entire body length. Add the eyes and epoxy the body. Ten Mile Deceiver Hook: #4 34007 Mustad Optional Tande... ...Angel Hair Wing: Pearl Flashabou and Peacock Herl Laterals: Grizzly Saddle Eyes: 3mm Doll Select 4 or more hackles that are not webby for 1-2 . Tie in...
96. The Pink Pig or Pattegrisen - A tentacled all-rounder - Global FlyFisher
The Global FlyFisher The Pink Pig or PattegrisenThe Pink Pig or Pattegrisen - A tentacled all-rounder - Global FlyFisher First published January 5th
97. Chilli Pepper Flies - Something with chilli, and Chile and... chilly...? - Global FlyFisher
...feathers vertically Wind the thread to one eye width behind the hook eye Tie in one more pair of red G.P. body feathers as cheeks reaching almost to t... ...xed with the copper. Head Fluo orange or gold 5 mm bead with small painted eyes. Add optional weight in the form of lead wire or a gold bead Tie in a ... ...agin covering the shank for a thicker body Advance the tying thread to one eye width behind hook eye or right behind bead head Follow with close wraps... ...hip finish just behind the bead and varnish Paint eyes on the bead head Aaron Adam's Chilli Pepper Hook Mustad 34007 #2 Original version of the Chilli...
98. Opossum Shrimp - A liflike shrimp imintation for sea trout - Global FlyFisher
...ae and the extremely visible black eyes. Hook 2-4 curved nymph/emerger hook like Tiemco TRM200 Thread Tan Weight Bottle lead Antennae Small tuft of li... ...l back or latex, light brown Eyes Burned monofilament Rib Copper wire or monofilament Body Ball of black dubbing under natural opossum Legs Barred woo... ... on each side of the hook shank over the barb Tie in the ribbing under the eyes pointing toward the hook bend Bend each eye perpendicular to the hook ... ...ight opossum, guard hairs 1½-2 times hook length, sticking out between the eyes Leave the butts of opossum and cover with tying thread Taper a narrow ...
99. Open water Chinook Clouser Minnow - This Saltwater Clouser fly fishes well in the both open ocean and estuaries. The texture of the Electric Yellow fibers are not as pleasing to my likes as most of the Steve Farrar's Blends, but it is bright and I use in sparingly to spice up this fly. I have tied Clousers in diverse sizes, materials, & colors, and the Clouser is among a handful of fly styles that merits the attention of most fly tyers and fly anglers. Granted, a 3" Clouser would not be my first choice when fishing over Spring Creek Trout when they are keying on # 20 Mayfly Spinners. Still, I love the Clouser. If you are familiar with the fly, you already get it. If not, I encourage you to begin working on your Clouser tying and fishing skills. Jay Nicholas Buy materials at http://www.caddisflyshop.com/ More fly tying videos and info at http://oregonflyfishingblog.com/ Overall Length = 3.5" Thread: Danvile's 210 D Green Chartreuse Hook: #2/0 Mustad 3407 Throat: Pink Gliss N Glow Belly: Steve Farrar's Blend -- UV White Top: Steve Farrar's Blend Electric Yellow/Bleeding Mackerel /Bleeding Black Lateral Line: Lateral Flash Eyes: Hareline Painted Lead Eyes -- Large Chartreuse Cure Goo: Hydro - fly fishing video channel - Global FlyFisher
...ctric Yellow/Bleeding Mackerel /Bleeding Black Lateral Line: Lateral Flash Eyes: Hareline Painted Lead Eyes -- Large Chartreuse Cur... ... Lateral Flash Eyes: Hareline Painted Lead Eyes -- Large Chartreuse Cure Goo: Hydro Originator: Caddis Fly Shop Web site: http://www.caddisflyshop.com... ...d or Curved Wet/Nymph #12 - #18 Thread: Brown Rib/Tag: Gold Tinsel... Bead Eye Nymph Hook: Std Nymph Eyes: Bead Chain Thread: Black Tail; Ginger/Brown... ...ck Lateral Line: Lateral Flash Eyes: Hareline Painted Lead Eyes -- Large Chartreuse Cure Goo: Hydro - fly fishing video channel - Global FlyFisher Ope...
100. Global Fly Fisher, Eyes, beads, and cones - history, usage, tying and fishing weighted flies.
...Beadhead flies Beads add weight and a shine of gold In this section: Intro Eyes - Be... ...ad chain - Cast/dumbbell Beads Cones Tying them on Contacts Flies with eyes: Magnus Bjarke Fair Fly Crazy Dane Flies with beads: Flashback Prince Nymp... ...FMJNM Magnus cone Further reading: The history of the bead head Bead chain eyes Monofilament eyes Pearl eyes Austrian Roman Moser - one of the modern ... ...thout prior written consent from each copyright holder. Global Fly Fisher, Eyes, beads, and...