Find it all
Results 91-100, 13101 total, on "fli" (1.00 seconds)
91. The CDC & Elk family - Hans Weilenmann's CDC & Elk is a fly as good as they come. Still a lot of people - including Hans himself - have made variations - Global FlyFisher
... ABOUT SITE MAP SEARCH MORE... Search Cancel More about: Cdc Deer hair Dry flies Patterns Comment The CDC & Elk family... ... fly by Hans himself. We had met a few times, and I had fished some of his flies and tied some of my own, and at one point he sent me a mail with a sh... ...s' signature fly, and is generally acknowledged as a modern classic in dry flies. It has probably been s... ...t below where I try to sum up the many variations in the CDC & Elk family. Flies in this article: Minor variations Colo...
92. Hen Hackle Demystified - Global FlyFisher
...fusion to many fly tyers. Whether they are looking for wings for their dry flies or hackles for their wet flies, there seems to plenty of head scratch... ... added advantage of being a mottled brown. Dry Flies - Hackle Tip Wings One of the most common uses of hen hackle is for dry fly wings. Everyone wants... ...ious sized dry flies. Finally, a good hen neck will have hackles that have a fairly broad outline all the way to the tip with a rounded, rather than p... ...your supplier if they have access to pullet capes. You won't be sorry. Dry Flies - Cut Wings The cut wing is anothe...
93. Tube Flies: Part 2 - This is my second installment of the "Tube Flies" series of fly tying tutorials. In this part, I discuss some updates in regards to materials, and then go through the setup for tying using the HMH Tube Fly Tool and Rigid Tubes. The fly tied is a Woolly Bugger, intended to show that a variety of patterns can be created when tying tube flies. If you are experienced in this style of tying, please be sure to mention your own thoughts, techniques, and tips in the "Comments" section below. As explained in the first video and reinforced in this one, there are no rules when tying tube flies. Be creative and think outside the box; your biggest critic will be the fish! Thanks for viewing this YouTube fly tying tutorial, and I encourage you to view my additional videos at the following website: http://www.troutandfeather.com Feel free to leave any questions/comments on this YouTube page, or you can email me: firstname.lastname@example.org - fly fishing video channel - Global FlyFisher
... Tube Flies: Part 2 - This is my second installment of the Tube Flies series of fly tying tutorials. In this part, I discuss some updates in regards t... ...intended to show that a variety of patterns can be created when tying tube flies. If you are experienced in this... ...ing tube flies. Be creative and think outside the box; your biggest critic will be the fish! Thanks for viewing this YouTube fly tying tutorial, and I... ...ff GFF Books Comments GFF on Facebook Store Contact Touch More about: Tube flies | Comment GFF videos Fly tying Suggest video By date A-Z Origi...
94. Dogma fly framing - Framing flies with few materials and easy methods - Global FlyFisher
... Do it yourself Hot melt glue Gallery Tie Better Dogma fly framing Framing flies with few materials and easy methods By Martin Joergensen My first fra... ...fishers and fly tyers know them: the beautiful frames or shadow boxes with flies, which we see at shows, in shops and on auctions in clubs or charitie... ...rials and glues in order to make the frame and flies last for decades. I will not make a case of compromising on these important matters for “real” fr... ...rames or shadow boxes with everything prepared and room for one or several flies, a fly and a photo or some other constellation. If you acquire such a...
95. Tube Ressources - Want to go further than just this tube fly theme? Here are all the books, DVD's and web sites worth getting acquainted with. - Global FlyFisher
...RS FORUM BLOG ABOUT SITE MAP SEARCH MORE... Search Cancel More about: Tube flies Tie Better Comment Tube Ressources Published... ...n Bob Kenly's Nordic Way Tube Flies Originator of some truly amazing tube flies and coauthor of the latest tube fly book together with Mark Mandell. A... ...es. Tubeflies.com An online magazine dedicated to tube flies. Driven by some heavy names in the fly tying and tube fly community: Jim Bedford, Bob Ken... ...ying and fishing videos online. Shops, tube and tool sources Canadian Tube Flies A really ...
96. Bonefish Fly Patterns - Tying, Selecting, and Fishing all the Best Bonefish Flies from Today's Best Tiers - Dick Brown - book review - Global FlyFisher
...onefish Fly Patterns - Tying, Selecting, and Fishing all the Best Bonefish Flies from Today's Best Tiers - Dick Brown - book review - Global FlyFisher... ...sh Fly Patterns Tying, Selecting, and Fishing all the Best Bonefish Flies from Today's Best Tiers Author: Dick Brown More books and videos All books a... ...title with new patterns added, excellent photos, in-depth descriptions and flies tied by the originators. This is an updated and revised edition of a ... ...e, and not only has the bonefishing scene changed and new flies have been developed, but books have changed, and are generally a much better quality, ...
97. Tying with CDC - From midges to bonefish flies, cul de canard (CDC) is equally at home in drys, wets, nymphs, and saltwater patterns. - Global FlyFisher
... Tying with CDC - From midges to bonefish flies, cul de canard CDC is equally at home in drys, wets, nymphs, and saltwater patterns. - Global FlyFishe... ...d September 9th 2011 From midges to bonefish flies, cul de canard CDC is equally at home in drys, wets, nymphs, and saltwater patterns. By Hans Weilen... ... and fly fishing begins in central Western Europe in the 1920s and the dry flies used by fishermen living in the Swiss Jura Mountains near the French ... ...with contrasting color silk thread, and a CDC collar. In the 1980s similar flies continued to be tied and fished across Western Euro...
98. Tying Contemporary Saltwater Flies, An illustrated step-by-step guide by David Klausmeyer - Global FlyFisher
... Striped bass Tarpon Tropical GFF book review Tying Contemporary Saltwater Flies, An illustrated step-by-step ... ...ooks and videos Author David Klausmeyer Title Tying Contemporary Saltwater Flies, An illustrated step-by-step guide Publisher The Countryman P... ...saltwater topics. David Klausmeyer is the latest author of a book on tying flies for saltwater fly fishing. ... ...His book, Tying Contemporary Saltwater Flies, offers excellent fly tying instruction as well as an impressive reference of fly patterns. The flies cov...
99. Tying Small Flies by Ed Engle - Global FlyFisher
... First published August 18th 2004 More about: Advanced Books Dry flies Fly tying Hooks Midges Reviews Trout GFF book review Tying Small Flies Author: ... ...eos Author Ed Engle Title Tying Small Flies Publisher Stackpole Books, 2004 ISBN 0-8117-0082-8 Pages 231 Price $34.95 GFF rating: 6 Global Class! Revi... ...e was complete. Inside the cover are Ed’s decades of experience with small flies, with plenty of anecdotes about “the old days” when he first s... ...on how to do a whip finish in this book. Ed expects you to know how to tie flies. This frees him up to deal with subjects that are only germane to sma...
100. Tube Tying Techniques - A small piece that tries to explain how to tie on different tubes - Global FlyFisher
...RS FORUM BLOG ABOUT SITE MAP SEARCH MORE... Search Cancel More about: Tube flies Tying tools Tie Better Comment Tube Tying Techniques Published August... ...”. The most usual lengths are 1” and 1˝”, which are widely used for salmon flies. Alternatively you can buy your tubes by the foot or meter, and cut t... ...ferred to as micro tubes – much like the inner tube used for the rear tube flies men... ...ow. These very slim tubes allow you to tie some very small and lightweight flies, and even enable you to tie more traditional fly patterns on tubes in...