Find it all
Results 121-130, 12897 total, on "flies" (1.34 seconds)
121. The Road to Wingless Wets - Soft Hackles, Spiders, and Flymphs. - Global FlyFisher
... First published May 28th 2006 More about: Fly tying Trout Wet flies Patterns Tie Better The Road to Wingless Wets Soft Hackles, Spiders, and Flymphs.... ...shing. My concentration had always been on dry flies and the upstream, dead drift dogma, but that suddenly changed. On a shelf in the shop was a littl... ...ears and began fishing these great little flies. In years to come my education in fly-fishing increased, and the more I learned, the more I realized t... ...ly-fishing. My artistic training and somewhat frugal nature told me these flies are simple, efficient, and fishable. I was catching fish regularly usi...
122. Bergman Traditionals - A selection of wet flies inspired from Ray Bergman's classic text. - Global FlyFisher
...h 2005 More about: Fly tying Trout Bergman Traditionals A selection of wet flies inspired from Ray Bergman's classic text. By Bob Petti A Couple Boxes... ...erest was piqued. Sure, there were differences between the flies and tying in the book and what was all the rage at the time, but so what? I kept goin... ...inating - and quite beautiful. My interest in wet flies has been on a slow simmer ever since. This past Fall and Winter, the simmer came to a full boi... ... Bergman's Trout . I figured the best way to start was to gather a list of flies which I had materials to tie and were interesting to my eye. As I was...
123. Tube Flies Two: Evolution - A new generation of tying techniques, materials, and fishing applications - Mark Mandell and Bob Kenly - book review - Global FlyFisher
...Tube Flies Two: Evolution - A new generation of tying techniques, materials, and fishing applications - Mark Mandell and Bob Kenly - book review - Glo... ...7 More about: Salmon flies Saltwater Tube flies Book Reviews Reviews GFF book review Tube Flies Two: Evolution A new generation of tying techniques, m... ...d videos All books and videos Author Mark Mandell and Bob Kenly Title Tube Flies Two: Evolution Publisher Frank Amato Publications, 2007 ISBN 978-1571... ...in this company. The lineup covers the whole globe and all aspects of tube flies, and has made a point ...
124. Patterns - All the great fly patterns - The best dry flies, wet flies, nymphs, streamers - Material lists and tying instructions - Global FlyFisher
... Patterns - All the great fly patterns - The best dry flies, wet flies, nymphs, streamers - Material lists and tying instructions - Global FlyFisher F... ...st dry flies, wet flies, nymphs, streamers - Material lists and tying instructions Fly tying videos Pinkie Worm-Midge CDC Beetle Hydropsyche Caddis La... ..... Another innovative Pete Gray technique! Great Lakes Irish Invaders Tube flies : Bob Kenly takes a turn with some tubes from... ...etails and is a great upgrade from those quickly tied flies. It makes your fly box look great and keeps you away from the TV. Get shrimped here Ninja ...
125. Plu Stiniog - Emrys Evans - book review - Global FlyFisher
...ry flies Fly tying Wet flies Book Reviews Reviews Comment GFF book review Plu Stiniog Author: Emrys Evans More books and videos All books and videos A... ...tterns. He was also a historian of Welsh fishing, and kept notes about the flies. After his death these notes were turned into a book manuscri... ...pt by Geraint Vaughan Jones and the flies were photographed by his son-in-law Gareth Tudor Jones. These illustrations and the text was turned into a l... ...Jacobsen's spring to mind. This book is based on a collection of 133 Welsh flies, co...
126. Tying and Fishing Soft-Hackled Nymphs - Allen McGee - book review - Global FlyFisher
...lyFisher First published July 5th 2007 More about: Books Reviews Trout Wet flies Book Reviews GFF book review Tying and ... ...se in the amount of print and electronic media devoted to all manor of wet flies, but if you inspect the bins of your local fly shop or glossy catalog... ... the trout waters of America. It is not surprising, then, that fishing wet flies, and to a large extent their distant cousin streamers, is the realm o... ...ir own flies. Unless, and until, a wet fly captures the imagination of the angling public much the way flies such as wooly buggers and copper johns ha...
127. Woolly Wisdom - - Global FlyFisher
... First published November 8th 2006 More about: Wet flies Book Reviews Reviews GFF book review Woolly Wisdom How to tie and fish woolly worms, woolly b... ... to flies and fly tying. Some people will find a solid 232 pages about Woolly Buggers and Woolly Worms just about the worst thing imaginable in fly ty... ...e genuine Woolly Worm or Woolly Bugger, but a vast majority of my favorite flies have so much in common with ... ...rom bass to tarpon. But I rarely tie or use the plain black style of these flies. Soucie's book clearly demonstrates that the Woolly Worm and Woolly B...
128. Global Fly Fisher, Sheep Hair Flies
...| Home | Fly catalog | Patterns | Staff | Sheep Hair Flies By Bob Petti Recently I've begun working with a material that was introduced to me through ... ...ep series of baitfish flies. It's Icelandic Sheep Hair, although some distributors refer to it as Streamer Hair or Secret Streamer Hair . I've found i... ...mer type flies. For those of you not familiar with it, it is a natural hair from an Icelandic sheep. The hairs are between eight and ten inches long, ... ... to stack colors without causing excess bulk. If you've ever tied bucktail flies that have multiple layers such as Mickey Finns or a Black Nosed Dace...
129. Gary Scott Salmon Fly - Materials Used;Hook, Ken Sawada Black Spey size 8 Threads, White and Black Uni-8/0 Tag, UTC Gold Holographic Tinsel Tails, Dyed Hot Orange and Sunburst Golden Pheasant Crest Rib, Flat or Oval Gold Tinsel Body, Yellow Stout Floss and Golden Yellow Opossum or something similar Under-Wing, Polar Bear Fibre or Sun dyed Sunburst Sides, Dyed Golden Yellow Jungle Cock First Hackle, White Eared Pheasant dyed Flame rolled on small flies to keep the dressing in proportion but in the larger flies use the full feather and wind up the body from the Yellow Stout Floss Front Hackle, Dyed Blue White Eared Pheasant Wing, Peacock Wing quills Head, Glo-Brite Floss No.4 - fly fishing video channel - Global FlyFisher
...Hackle, White Eared Pheasant dyed Flame rolled on small flies to keep the dressing in proportion but in the larger flies use the full feather and wind... ... Comments GFF on Facebook Store Advertize Contact Touch More about: Salmon flies | Comment GFF videos Fly tying Suggest video Highest rated Most views... ...Gary Scott Salmon Fly More on salmon flies The Gladiator Special: The Gladiator started as a joke but one with a lot of thought behind it's origins. B... ... Jungle Cock First Hackle, White Eared Pheasant dyed Flame rolled on small flies to keep the dressing in proportion but in ...
130. A World of Pike Flies - A Remarkable Gathering Of Streamers, Dreamers, Feathers, Fur, Colour And Pike. - Ad Swier - book review - Global FlyFisher
... A World of Pike Flies - A Remarkable Gathering Of Streamers, Dreamers, Feathers, Fur, Colour And Pike. - Ad Swier - book review - Global FlyFisher T... ...iews | Reviews | Comment 15 GFF book review A World of Pike Flies A Remarkable Gathering Of Streamers, Dreamers, Feathers, Fur, Colour And Pike. Truly... ... people who have submitted patterns. Each fly tyer has sent one or several flies to the Netherlands and added some text telling the story and the spec... ...can imagine and some which you might have a hard time imagining. There are flies from a large number of well known as well as not so well kno...