Find it all
Results 51-60, 8465 total, on "from" (0.49 seconds)
51. Book Reviews - All you ever wanted to read - Global FlyFisher
...e has! And it deserves it. Ralph Kyllloe covers Western streams and lodges from Alaska to California. The Rise Published: 2007-01-16 A couple ... ...outh Africa has a rich variety of fishing opportunities from saltwater over stocked reservoirs to streams in the mountains. Brown trout, rainbows, yel... ...d expect from a book on fly fishing for bass – bass bug tactics, water types, seasonal changes, but what separates this book are two chapters – one de... ...hris Mann has worked his way through yet another pile of flies sent to him from all over the world. And Chris Mann has don...
52. Report from the Danish Fly Casting Championships 2006 - The measure tape II - Casting for the sake of casting and (almost) not a word about fishing - Global FlyFisher
... wanted to present the best in good flycasting, so as to pick up the theme from the other measure tape article ; what is a good cast? As far as ... ...es the flyfisherman from the spinfisher. The arc Nils Joergensen The winner But being a bit of a romantic striving towards beauty doesn't win you the ... ...was tricky and the slightest tracking-faults were brutally punished by the from-left-and-behind wind, which was blowing at about 3-4 meters/second 7-9... ... inches . Rod: Must be a standard rod can be bought by anyone/anywhere and from the manufacturer rated #5, no more than 9'6 Very similar to the Bes...
53. Brown trout in the jungle - This is a short film from a recent flyfishing trip into the deep rainforrest in Fiordland, New Zealand. A more appropriate title should perhaps have been Brown trout and sandflies, jugding from the comments I have got so far:-) - fly fishing video channel - Global FlyFisher
... Brown trout in the jungle - This is a short film from a recent flyfishing trip into the deep rainforrest in Fiordland, New Zealand. A more appropriat... ...and sandflies, jugding from the comments I have got so far:- - fly fishing video channel - Global FlyFisher The Global FlyFisher - A Good Place to go ... ...-Z Originators Search About Brown trout in the jungle This is a short film from a recent flyfishing trip into the deep rainf... ...ropriate title should perhaps have been Brown trout and sandflies, jugding from the comments I have got so far:- Originator: Geir Sogn-GrundvĂĄg Web s...
54. Yellowtail from the beach - Catching big Baja Yellowtail on the fly rod from the beach - fly fishing video channel - Global FlyFisher
... Yellowtail from the beach - Catching big Baja Yellowtail on the fly rod from the beach - fly fishing video channel - Global FlyFisher The Global FlyF... ...o Highest rated Most views By date A-Z Originators Search About Yellowtail from the beach Catching big Baja Yellowtail on the fly rod... ... from the beach Originator: PursuitAnglers Web site: http://www.pursuitanglers.com Submitter: Martin Joergensen Average: Select rating Poor Okay Good ... ...age: 4.4 3 votes Videos from one day Simi Seal Leech View Simi Seal Leech in full size Tily Butterfly View Tily Butterfly in full size Lightweight Nyn...
55. Creating Foam Popper Heads from Flip-Flop Sandals - At Rx Fly Fishing, we're always looking for a way to be "frugal fly tiers." A while ago, we found out about making rounded foam popper heads from nothing but a pair of foam flip-flop sandals. In this video, Jason takes you through the process of prepping the sandals, as well as cutting and shaping the foam popper head. - fly fishing video channel - Global FlyFisher
... Creating Foam Popper Heads from Flip-Flop Sandals - At Rx Fly Fishing, we're always looking for a way to be frugal fly tiers. A while ago, we found o... ...rs Search About Creating Foam Popper Heads from Flip-Flop Sandals At Rx Fly Fishing, we're always looking for a way to be frugal fly tiers. A while ag... ...eads from nothing but a pair of foam flip-flop sandals. In this video, Jason takes you through the process of prepping the sandals, as well as cutting... ...tle - Allan vs... View Shrimp battle - Allan vs... in full size Yellowtail from the beach View Yellowtail from the beach in ...
56. Craft Fur Brush Fly - Craft Fur Brush Fly is a great all round bait fish pattern. The Craft Fur Brush were made with the new Jvice Long Fibre Brush Maker. Thank you Jay from JVice, the guys from Loon Outdoors and Hareline Dubbin, you have made my Fly-tying live much more fun. - fly fishing video channel - Global FlyFisher
...r Brush were made with the new Jvice Long Fibre Brush Maker. Thank you Jay from JVice, the guys from... ...r Brush were made with the new Jvice Long Fibre Brush Maker. Thank you Jay from JVice, the guys from Loon Outdoors and Hareline Dubbin, you have made ... ...Good Great Awesome Give it 6/6 Your rating: None Average: 5 3 votes Videos from one day Ghosts of Fernie View Gho... ...February 16th 2007 Tigerfish from my Verandah When you speak to old timers about fishing for tigerfish on the Zambezi River they will tell you of driv...
57. Global Fly Fisher, Building Bamboo Fly Rods - Part 5, Harry Boyd
...ength of the strip. This strip has been planed to .1305 . The measurements from flat to apex are equal on all three sides. Making rods so far has been... ...tory. Therefore we really have only two basic options: build our own forms from steel, aluminum, or wood; or buy a set of planing forms. I have forms ... ...mmend them. Should you choose to purchase your forms, be prepared to spend from $250 for wooden forms to as much as $900 for top of the line steel for... ...r woodworking skills, I made my first three sets of forms, two from wood and one from steel. Doing so requires some time, some equipment and some elbo...
58. Stripping baskets, trays and buckets - Sometimes you want to make sure that your line doesn't tangle and sometimes you want to make longer casts. A line or stripping basket, bucket or tray may be the solution. - Global FlyFisher
...t. A blessing As you can see from the above points the basket can be a great benefit when wade-fishing with a sinking or intermediate line that would ... ...n fishing in surf the line basket can also be a blessing, keeping the line from rolling in the breaking waves and getting all tangled up in weed and s... ... a boat, which is not built for fly fishing, the basket will keep the line from snagging all the stuff that you find on boats. You'd be surprised how ... ...he water due to friction. A shooting basket can save the day here. Fishing from the bank on a stream often means bushes, grass ...
59. Build a rod, 1 - Part 1: A Few Basic Things You Should Know About Rod Building - Global FlyFisher
...are serving the custom builder’s rod market. Most people know some of them from their regular rod- and product lines, some are ... ...ution companies. Up until now I have worked in building projects on blanks from Batson, Fibatube, Loomis, Sage, St Croix and Temple Fork Outfitters TF... ... the right rod blank. To bring your final decision as far as possible away from the lottery method we need certain basic facts to star... ...t from. Based on target species and their environment we will decide on a certain rod length and line class. Try to test cast as many models, which wo...
60. Fly Fishing Vibes Pulaski HookĂ©! - Pulaski - the place I had sworn I would never visit again some 18-years ago! Boy am I glad I changed my mind! Well, to say that I changed my mind on my own would not be true, the TRUE motivation behind my journey back was because of two people Fred Campbell and Jeff Bourdages and their incredible project called HOOKE! The VIBE they spoke to me about preceeding our meetings together sounded all great and all but then again, who the hell are these guys I asked myself? Well, after a morning meeting with Fred at his production offices at Fokus in Quebec City and a lunch later that week with Jeff, I found myself amazed by the VIBE - ENERGY and DEDICATION that oozed out of both of them. A few visits to the Hooke.ca website where I watched their videos and this guide was HOOKE himself! We met up at the Fox Hollow lodge in Altmar, NY with big smiles and hugs as if we had know each other for years and years. The VIBE had somehow transferred into all of us and remained the entire time we were together, through good cast and bad, through frozen feet and shared shots of Fireball on the river bank, it was magical and I did not want it to end! Let me back up a bit before I go on... on the first night we met up with Rachel Finn from Lake Placid NY, a fishing and guiding Goddess in her own right - she then turned us on to her friend and local guide/angler and Spey Jedi, Patrick Ross, who kindly took us out fishing for 3-days while he could have been making some $$$ guiding. Feeling the VIBE he said "screw the guiding - I'm hanging with you boys"! The rest, as they say, is history, sit back and feel the VIBES coming through your screen - better yet, get off your asses, go grab a rod and get out there and discover just how much fun you can have if you invest in your soul a bit! Before you watch, please know that this film is entirely based on Fly Fishing with a Double Handed rod, aka, SPEY RODS! You may, from time to time, see some other guys in the background using 'Float' rods, which are basically long rods that use a center-pin reel (a free spool reel) that allows their "bait" usually an egg sack to drift about at the level the fish are holding in hopes that one may open its mouth and eat the sack - oh, and I forgot the best part, the egg sack is guided down the river by a strike indicator, or, bobber, if you prefer. It is a very popular method of fishing, although to me, rather boring, but quite deadly for those of you interested in numbers of hook ups in a day, and, if you enjoy sitting in the same spot for hours and hours. Now, I do not profess to be an expert on this type of fishing and hell, as long as you are out there, I have a tremendous amount of respect for you, especially at -10C, but the only problem, or, dissapointment I have with these anglers is that they NEVER move! As a matter of fact, if a fish takes them down stream for an hour fight, they walk right back to where they where and reclaim that exact spot and this seems to be normal. Problem is, when you are trying to "share" a pool with Spey anglers and other single hand fly fishers, problems may arise and that is what I dislike about this river system. I love the fish, the vibe while I am steadily wading down the river (when I can find a spot to do so) and enjoying the scenery and especially the banter between friends as we cast and fish. That is the best part for me. To think that this happens on ALL rivers would be a big fat FALSE! You will never find this sort of "ownership" of a spot on the rivers in Eastern Canada while fishing for Atlantic salmon and I dare say, on most rivers in Ontario where you find Steelhead. I guess it is a cultural thing that started long ago and it does not seem like there will be much change, at least in this area, which is fine, hell, I got there last, not first! The bottom line is this, there are miles and miles of river and if you pick your spots and are with a few guys rotating though a pool most "float-anglers" will simply get the message and will move on, or, if they do not and they low-hole you (stepping below you to cast in your path) you can always politely explain to them that you were in the process of fishing and that you will indeed end up hooking them if they do not rotate along with you. I do not understand why that is just not the case as everyone could indeed rotate from the top to the bottom of the pool easy enough if they wanted to Anyway, that is not my fight nor is it the vibe I want to impose on anyone else. Either you have the overall VIBE of a ethical angler, or, you don't, I guess. David Bishop http://facebook.com/hookeqc - fly fishing video channel - Global FlyFisher
...k up a bit before I go on... on the first night we met up with Rachel Finn from Lake Placid NY, a fishing and guiding Goddess in her own right - she t... ...ly based on Fly Fishing with a Double Handed rod, aka, SPEY RODS! You may, from time to time, see some other g... ...t understand why that is just not the case as everyone could indeed rotate from the top to the bo... ...k up a bit before I go on... on the first night we met up with Rachel Finn from Lake Placid NY, a fishing and guiding Goddess in her own...