Find it all
Results 51-60, 9494 total, on "from" (0.40 seconds)
51. So you wanna tie a BIG fly? - This is not about a pattern called The Big Fly, but some general advice on tying big flies. - Global FlyFisher
...ips. Spun Spinning material is a technique that's known from deer hair flies, but is useful for many other materials too. You can either spin the mate... ... form of Waddington shanks used for salmon flies , and have been available from hook makers such as... ... search for tinsel wigs. These are what they sound like: festive wigs made from tinsel, and for a few dollars you can literally get a... ...and not the original made from natural silk fibers! The price will probably tell you what you have before you. Artificial hair parallel, smooth, strai...
52. Global - Destinations all over the globe - Global FlyFisher
...sper MŁhlbach - GFF's eternal grayling hunter - takes on another challenge from the Lady of the Stream. This time he travels to the ... ...Czech Republic to learn from former Czech National Fly Fishing Team member Jan Siman. Does the Eastern European grayling differ from the Swedish one? ... ...nd enjoy a virtual adventure from somewhere around the world. Pictures from many of our articles can now be seen as slideshows. A decade with GFF The ... ... to set that straight and give the shad the attention it really deserves from fly anglers. Adventurous rod This book is a paradox. Not because of the ...
53. S?ren and Sara - A meeting between a novice and a highly skilled pike fisher and his Sara - Global FlyFisher
... is coming up soon . He is fishing many days a year and writes quite a bit from each trip Ė or should we say a lot from each trip. Because there were ... ...hot, when SŲren with self-assurance pointed at some rocks, which stood out from the leopard bottom. It was placed 100 meters from where we were, so I... ...d a bit more, but as nothing more happened how far can pike feel the noise from panicking pike anyway, and such small pikes? , I started to the walk b... ...ther, from a boat in the creeks and inlets around SŲlvesborg. The fly I used Kasper MŁhlbach White Pike Sara Kasper MŁhlbach White Pike Sara The White...
54. Global Fly Fisher, Building Bamboo Fly Rods - Part 2, Harry Boyd
...n as the enamel, are stiff and resilient. As they grow, bamboo forms nodes from which leaf branches protrude. Tonkin bamboo does not form leaf branche... ...ced from 8 - 20 inches apart, is relatively flat and easy to manage. The Tonkin bamboo grown on Chinese plantations is harvested every 8 - 9 years whe... ...en Demarest have helped scores of rod makers get their start. Bamboo comes from China in bales of 20 culms. Each culm is 12 feet long, and approximate... ...And keep some bandages handy, just in case. Bamboo splits best from butt to tip. Place the tip end of the culm against something solid, like one leg o...
55. Book Reviews - All you ever wanted to read - Global FlyFisher
...e has! And it deserves it. Ralph Kyllloe covers Western streams and lodges from Alaska to California. The Rise Published: 2007-01-16 A couple ... ...outh Africa has a rich variety of fishing opportunities from saltwater over stocked reservoirs to streams in the mountains. Brown trout, rainbows, yel... ...d expect from a book on fly fishing for bass Ė bass bug tactics, water types, seasonal changes, but what separates this book are two chapters Ė one de... ...hris Mann has worked his way through yet another pile of flies sent to him from all over the world. And Chris Mann has don...
56. A Fishing Year Along The River Vindelaelven - part 6 - The sixth and final episode (part 6 of 6) of A Fishing Year Along The River Vindel√§lven Valley. In this episode we follow John and Stefan on a fishing trip up to the head waters of the Vindel√§lven river. To get the opportunity to fish in the limited accessed section, an application has to be submitted no later than May 1 to the county board administration of V√§sterbotten. Then a lottery will be conducted in order to randomly distribute the currently maximum of 100 fishing days that are granted in the section. The area has limited access in order to maintain the high quality of fishing and to minimize the pressure on the nature of the area. Johan and Stefan stops, however, one night in Ammarn√§s village before they head out to the mountains. Stefan tries his luck after the huge trout that annually migrate up from Lake Storvindeln and up in the Vindel River for spawning. The average weight is over 3.5 kg of these magnificent trout and there's alot of work going on with management to preserve one of Sweden's last strains of large migrating brown trout. Fishing sites: Vindel√§lven river Fishing management areas: Ammarn√§s Fvo, Peter Schmitt: firstname.lastname@example.org http://ammarnasfvo.se/ Kraddsele Fvo, email@example.com http://www.kraddselefiske.se/ L√§nsstyrelsen i V√§sterbotten: firstname.lastname@example.org http://www.lansstyrelsen.se/vasterbotten/ Read more here: http://www.vindelalvsfiske.se Filmed and produced by: Rolf Nylinder Contact: email@example.com or http://www.frontsidefly.com This film project is funded by Vindel river fishing area (Vindel√§lvens Fiskeomr√•de). The Vindel river fishing area has the task of distributing funds from the European Fisheries Fund, Ume√• municipality, municipalities along the river Vindel√§lven and the V√§sterbotten region for projects that can benefit fisheries development in the area. Visit: http://www.vindelalvsfiske.se for more information of fishing in the lower Ume-, Vindel and Lais√§lven rivers. - fly fishing video channel - Global FlyFisher
...tains. Stefan tries his luck after the huge trout that annually migrate up from Lake Storvindeln and up in the Vindel River for spawning. The average ... ...omr√•de . The Vindel river fishing area has the task of distributing funds from the European Fisheries Fund, Ume√• municipality, mu... ...tains. Stefan tries his luck after the huge trout that annually migrate up from Lake Storvindeln and up in the Vindel River for spawning. The average ... ...omr√•de . The Vindel river fishing area has the task of distributing funds from the European Fisheries Fund, Ume√• municipality, municipal...
57. Brown trout in the jungle - This is a short film from a recent flyfishing trip into the deep rainforrest in Fiordland, New Zealand. A more appropriate title should perhaps have been Brown trout and sandflies, jugding from the comments I have got so far:-) - fly fishing video channel - Global FlyFisher
... Brown trout in the jungle - This is a short film from a recent flyfishing trip into the deep rainforrest in Fiordland, New Zealand. A more appropriat... ...and sandflies, jugding from the comments I have got so far:- - fly fishing video channel - Global FlyFisher The Global FlyFisher - A Good Place to go ... ...-Z Originators Search About Brown trout in the jungle This is a short film from a recent flyfishing trip into the deep rainf... ...ropriate title should perhaps have been Brown trout and sandflies, jugding from the comments I have got so far:- Originator: Geir Sogn-Grundv√•g Web s...
58. Report from the Danish Fly Casting Championships 2006 - The measure tape II - Casting for the sake of casting and (almost) not a word about fishing - Global FlyFisher
... wanted to present the best in good flycasting, so as to pick up the theme from the other measure tape article ; what is a good cast? As far as ... ...es the flyfisherman from the spinfisher. The arc Nils Joergensen The winner But being a bit of a romantic striving towards beauty doesn't win you the ... ...was tricky and the slightest tracking-faults were brutally punished by the from-left-and-behind wind, which was blowing at about 3-4 meters/second 7-9... ... inches . Rod: Must be a standard rod can be bought by anyone/anywhere and from the manufacturer rated #5, no more than 9'6 Very similar to the Bes...
59. Danish Fly Festival 2001... and much more - Tom after seatrout...this time in Denmark. Slovenian Tomaz Modic meets the Danes, the seatrout and the Danish Lasagna - Global FlyFisher
...cent discount from Adria Airways. That was when I first raised my eyebrow. I also knew that two of my Dutch friends Bart&Bas were supposed to stay wit... ... drive all the way from Holland. After revealing my plans to them they unselfishly offered to drive me around during my stay in Denmark. Tomaz' fish M... ...m morning fishing from one of Martin's buddies... Is this life or WHAT? It looked like 3:0! It was long ago since I'd been so relaxed in the car. Our ... ...a bottle of my favourite rare Chardonnay from 1995 and it looked that I hit the nail on the head again. 4:0 ;- Apart from all that, I also had 24 hour...
60. Global Fly Fisher, Building Bamboo Fly Rods - Part 5, Harry Boyd
...ength of the strip. This strip has been planed to .1305 . The measurements from flat to apex are equal on all three sides. Making rods so far has been... ...tory. Therefore we really have only two basic options: build our own forms from steel, aluminum, or wood; or buy a set of planing forms. I have forms ... ...mmend them. Should you choose to purchase your forms, be prepared to spend from $250 for wooden forms to as much as $900 for top of the line steel for... ...r woodworking skills, I made my first three sets of forms, two from wood and one from steel. Doing so requires some time, some equipment and some elbo...