Find it all
Results 101-110, 4968 total, on "general" (0.42 seconds)
101. Hyper-Compleat Principles of Leader Design - The most comprehensive tool for calculating classical and contemporary leaders - and designing your own formulas for knotted leaders - Global FlyFisher
...rces on tying leaders were few and far between. There are lots and lots of general articles, but none that had all the information I needed to really ... ...r of leader material boasts a different pound test rating, they all generally are within a predictable range. For example, most 8x tippets are around ... ...o comment this page? Fill out the form below. Comment To This page General comment Your name Your email Submit my comment All comments will be screene...
102. Essential Patterns with Oliver Edwards - Book and video reviews - Global FlyFisher
...ct - from the camera work, to the audio, to the general production – to say nothing of the fly tying content. He’s a very engaging teacher, and I can ... ... tying was in support of the general fishing theme, with this set the emphasis is entirely on fly tying. The first volume is titled “Quick Ties and Fa... .... Want to comment this page? Fill out the form below. Comment To This page General co...
103. From Feathers to Bits - Global FlyFisher
...low, cool-blue rule-of-thumb is generally applicable. Take a digital photograph or scan the color guide. Compare your digital take of the color guide ... ...rightness and contrast . Memorize the final exact adjustments as these are generally th... ... To This page General comment Your name Your email Submit my comment All comments will be screened by the GFF staff before publication. No HTML, image...
104. Shrimp anatomy for the fly tyer - There's a wealth of shrimp flies out there, but very few that actually look like shrimp. This article will teach you what to focus on in shrimp flies. - Global FlyFisher
...of the world of shrimp. My lecture is very general, and deals with the average, small shrimp. There are local variations regarding color and other thi... ...ut such monsters are hardly interesting to imitate with a fly. They are in general quite uniform in size, and although there are smaller and larger sp...
105. The CDC & Elk family - Hans Weilenmann's CDC & Elk is a fly as good as they come. Still a lot of people - including Hans himself - have made variations - Global FlyFisher
... its originator. The original The CDC & Elk is Hans' signature fly, and is generally acknowledged as a modern classic in dry flies. It has probably be... ...iveness as a general dry fly. Then, later on, I saw it fished as a streamer at Oostvornse Meer in Holland on a large longshank hook with equal success... ...me since my fly only remotely looks like Paul Slaney's Bonefish fly , is a generally useful seatrout...
106. Light Curing Resins - If you're still messing around with two-component epoxy, it's about time to lift your head and discover the new Light Curing Resins, LCR - the New Age Epoxy - Global FlyFisher
...im at general repair, surf and marine workshops as well as resins made especially for fly-tying. The selection of both resins and lamps and torches is... ...h of light to cure. There are essentially two types: UV and blue light. In general these are both considered harmless if you ... ...ow Medium None None These are all based on evaporating solvents, which are generally considered very harmful Discoloration yellowing can oftentimes be...
107. The Great Lakes Irish Invaders - Being old does have certain benefits - Global FlyFisher
...Steelhead fishers. The fly construction generally follows a long held Irish tradition of construction, anywhere in size from #16 to #2/0, tied on treb... ...rimp patterns that have the JC at the middle hackles. The middle hackle is generally tied at the division poi... ...ng toward the tail or aft if you insist of the fly. The tail of the fly is generally made of GP feathers from Golden pheasant tied so the tail...
108. What then? - Danish inshore fishing - - Global FlyFisher
...or I mentioned color. My experience with sea trout tells me that they will generally prefer darker color on the bottom. The... ...e fish will often move there. Sea trout will forage over sandy bottom, but generally only to strike on seen food items. They will sometimes be very r... .... Comment To This page General comment Your name Your email Submit my comment All comments will be screened by the GFF staff before publication. No HT...
109. Book Reviews - All you ever wanted to read - Global FlyFisher
...t deals with all aspects of tube flies. If you are looking for a general introduction to tubes in book-form, this is the way to go. Urban angler Publi... ...tegies and much more. On top of that comes a more general section on trout food and flies. Fly Fishers Guide to Saltwater Naturals and their Imitation...
110. Flyfishing with a float - It's possible to fish a fly without a flyrod. You just need a bobber, a bubble, a float, a bombarda, a sbirolino, a buldo or whatever you want to call it... and a spinning rod. - Global FlyFisher
...rod if the wind makes casting a fly hard or even impossible. The method is generally considered the most efficient method for fishing for coastal sea ... ... A bubble float fisher will generally outfish both fly and spin fishers. The method is also useful for many other kinds of fishing, and even dry flies... ...Bonnand type, which is usually egg-shaped and has tube going through it is generally preferred by coastal anglers. There are ball-shaped ones too, flo...