Find it all
Results 101-110, 4954 total, on "general" (0.66 seconds)
101. Flyfishing with a float - It's possible to fish a fly without a flyrod. You just need a bobber, a bubble, a float, a bombarda, a sbirolino, a buldo or whatever you want to call it... and a spinning rod. - Global FlyFisher
...rod if the wind makes casting a fly hard or even impossible. The method is generally considered the most efficient method for fishing for coastal sea ... ... A bubble float fisher will generally outfish both fly and spin fishers. The method is also useful for many other kinds of fishing, and even dry flies... ...Bonnand type, which is usually egg-shaped and has tube going through it is generally preferred by coastal anglers. There are ball-shaped ones too, flo...
102. Tigerfish in South Africa - Tigerfish from my Verandah - Where are the days when tigers where tigers? - Global FlyFisher
... evaporates from the African sun. Generally there is not a huge amount of flood damage, as the water moves so slowly. When the water level reaches its... ...tion will be the name of the game with many a lost fish. Leader setups are generally short on the fast sinking lines with the maximum being about 5 fo... ... to have another and you will forever “miss the rain in Africa.” Africa in general is a dry...
103. Streamers Of Bert Quimby
...s while working as a reporter that Quimby first met Ai Wellington Ballou - generally acknowledged as the father o... ...er history in general. For Ballou not only went on to coach Bert Quimby on the finer points of fishing, but more importantly, also gave him his indoct... ...s those patterns are generally accepted to be originated by Ray Salminen and Bill Edson, respectively. There were, of course, his less 'ghostly' strea...
104. Trout from Small Streams by Dave Hughes - Global FlyFisher
...s based on our needs and our fishing. Trout from Small Streams follows the general formula for most fishing instructional books. A basic course in rel... ...w. Comment To This page General comment Your name Your email Submit my comment All comments will be screened by the GFF staff before publication. No H...
105. Dave Whitlock - Dave Whitlock's guide to aquatic trout foods - Book review - Global FlyFisher
... out with a general overview of the concept of imitating followed by a chapter on 'water'. This again is followed by a large chapter on the morpholgy,... ...tations and equipment and strategies. It's a highly usefull book, both for general reading and as a systematic handbook. Ha... ...m Want to comment this page? Fill out the form below. Comment To This page General comment Yo...
106. Better fishing pictures: Flies - We feature a ton a fly pictures on this site and emphasize good quality in these pictures. This is an article about you can get the best shots of your flies. - Global FlyFisher
...ider buying used. Older models will do fine and are generally built in a really good quality - mechanically and optically. And don't worry about auto ... ...res of flies is almost impossible, but following some general rules makes your results if not consistent then at least controllable. You can work with...
107. Shrimp anatomy for the fly tyer - There's a wealth of shrimp flies out there, but very few that actually look like shrimp. This article will teach you what to focus on in shrimp flies. - Global FlyFisher
...of the world of shrimp. My lecture is very general, and deals with the average, small shrimp. There are local variations regarding color and other thi... ...ut such monsters are hardly interesting to imitate with a fly. They are in general quite uniform in size, and although there are smaller and larger sp...
108. Hyper-Compleat Principles of Leader Design - The most comprehensive tool for calculating classical and contemporary leaders - and designing your own formulas for knotted leaders - Global FlyFisher
...rces on tying leaders were few and far between. There are lots and lots of general arti... ...facturer of leader material boasts a different pound test rating, they all generally are within a predictable r... ...s Want to comment this page? Fill out the form below. Comment To This page General comment Your nam...
109. Salmon King of the Sea - Global FlyFisher
...ecause the bait fish are more concentrated and thus so are the chinook. In general in doesn't matter which way the tide is flowing, just as long as yo... ...key component to fishing the kelp beds is to be anchored in the best spot. Generally ... ... this page? Fill out the form below. Comment To This page General comment Your name Your email Submit my comment All comments will be screened by the ...
110. Light Curing Resins - If you're still messing around with two-component epoxy, it's about time to lift your head and discover the new Light Curing Resins, LCR - the New Age Epoxy - Global FlyFisher
...im at general repair, surf and marine workshops as well as resins made especially for fly-tying. The selection of both resins and lamps and torches is... ...h of light to cure. There are essentially two types: UV and blue light. In general these are both considered harmless if you ... ...ow Medium None None These are all based on evaporating solvents, which are generally considered very harmful Discoloration yellowing can oftentimes be...