Find it all
Results 111-120, 4924 total, on "general" (0.51 seconds)
111. Reports from Blog Creek - We're chained to our computers, thinking about fly fishing. This blog is our outlet to keep our heads from exploding - Global FlyFisher
...s are all decent fly casters. Not experts, but we get it out there and are generally satisfied with our efforts. Apar... ...of the time. Lasse observed each of us, and gave us some specific and some general instructions... ...ut the form below. Comment To This page General comment Your name Your email Submit my comment All comments will be screened by the GFF staff before p...
112. Essential Patterns with Oliver Edwards - Book and video reviews - Global FlyFisher
...ct - from the camera work, to the audio, to the general production – to say nothing of the fly tying content. He’s a very engaging teacher, and I can ... ... tying was in support of the general fishing theme, with this set the emphasis is entirely on fly tying. The first volume is titled “Quick Ties and Fa... .... Want to comment this page? Fill out the form below. Comment To This page General co...
113. Hyper-Compleat Principles of Leader Design - The most comprehensive tool for calculating classical and contemporary leaders - and designing your own formulas for knotted leaders - Global FlyFisher
...rces on tying leaders were few and far between. There are lots and lots of general articles, but none that had all the information I needed to really ... ...r of leader material boasts a different pound test rating, they all generally are within a predictable range. For example, most 8x tippets are around ... ...o comment this page? Fill out the form below. Comment To This page General comment Your name Your email Submit my comment All comments will be screene...
114. Dave Whitlock - Dave Whitlock's guide to aquatic trout foods - Book review - Global FlyFisher
... out with a general overview of the concept of imitating followed by a chapter on 'water'. This again is followed by a large chapter on the morpholgy,... ...tations and equipment and strategies. It's a highly usefull book, both for general reading and as a systematic handbook. Ha... ...m Want to comment this page? Fill out the form below. Comment To This page General comment Yo...
115. Global - Destinations all over the globe - Global FlyFisher
...s the first article from that trip. Map of Denmark Just for your general orientation I've marked out a few good fishing spots. Map of Europe Here's wh... ... sky. Rule no. 2 The bottom is like the beach This is not always true, but generally the beach can be used to judge the... ...tegy Points are generally good landmarks to use as a base for the fishing. Not that there are necessarily more fish there, but as they make good menta...
116. Mouse flies - Somewhat an oxymoron - a fly that's a mammal - but still a fun fly to tie, and not least to fish when the large fish are tuned in on a mouse menu. - Global FlyFisher
...l or pear shaped body and a long tail and you are there. Floating patterns generally work best, but even simply splashing a nearly sinking mouse fly i... ... do the trick. Mice vary greatly in size, but the common mouse species are generally smaller than most people imagine, so don't worry too much about m... ... and foam in different ways. The general idea of these hair and foam mice is a hair body for volume and a foam back for flotation. Many of these highl...
117. Anatomy of A Salmon Fly - Global FlyFisher
...g, etc. Body From the butt to 1 hook-eye length back from the head Ribbing Generally, palmered tinsel or floss; 5 wraps from butt to head Body Hackle ... ... 2/3 of main wing, or to the butt Cheek s Length is generally 1/2 of shoulder Horns Length equal to intersection of topping and tailing Throat Length ... ...? Want to comment this page? Fill out the form below. Comment To This page General comment Your name Your email Submit my comment...
118. What to look for when byuing... - This article series will give some tips on buying tying materials, and go through different groups of common materials like hackle, bucktail and hair. - Global FlyFisher
... want clean, even, regular materials. You don't want grease, dirt or dust. Generally soft and pliable is good and stiff and dry like in brittle... ...er. Deformed materials is generally bad. Deformity often comes from harsh treatment like bleaching or dying under very hot conditions. You want whole ... ... along with April 12th 2004 Clouser Deep Minnow Only a few patterns are as generally useful and wide...
119. Light Curing Resins - If you're still messing around with two-component epoxy, it's about time to lift your head and discover the new Light Curing Resins, LCR - the New Age Epoxy - Global FlyFisher
...im at general repair, surf and marine workshops as well as resins made especially for fly-tying. The selection of both resins and lamps and torches is... ...h of light to cure. There are essentially two types: UV and blue light. In general these are both considered harmless if you ... ...ow Medium None None These are all based on evaporating solvents, which are generally considered very harmful Discoloration yellowing can oftentimes be...
120. Czech Nymphing - Straight from the source - Global FlyFisher
...rding to given conditions. Equipment As a universal and generally recommended gear for fishing with Czech nymphs is a rod AFTMA 5, length 275 cm 9 fee... ...wn and rainbow trout, chub, dace, roach or barbel. What flies: There is no general rule determining the most effective pattern of Czech nymph. When we... ...t Want to comment this page? Fill out the form below. Comment To This page General comment Your name Your email Submit my comment All...