Find it all
Results 111-120, 4968 total, on "general" (0.23 seconds)
111. Fly Fishing Mexico â€“ the Yucatan Peninsula - Book and video reviews - Global FlyFisher
...particular locations and lodges. Each location gets attention in form of a general coverage of the... ...ocations, and both these views, the action pictures and the photography in general is Global Class. Francisco Bedeschi, who obviously is in the top le... ... below. Comment To This page General comment Your name Your email Submit my comment All comments will be screened by the GFF staff before publication....
112. Feather Brain - Developing, Testing, and Improving Saltwater Fly Patterns - Drew Chicone - book review - Global FlyFisher
...e general principles of designing and tying saltwater flies. Lots of illustrations in a large format book. Author: Drew Chicone More books and videos ... ...ook choice and a ton of general advice on designing your own patterns as well as improving on existing flies like getting them to swim right, keeping ... ...ome general aspects of fly-tying, which will be useful to a broad specter of tyers. + + Pages Martin Joergensen Book review section Review section Rec...
113. All about fly tying thread - Thread control - Global FlyFisher
...ers only use thin monofilaments. My own choices are: Uni-Thread 8/0 for my general tying. A thin thread that's availabe in many colors GSP, preferably... ...he 6/0 is good for general tying, but as the thread flattens poorly it will add some bulk to most flies. The 8/0 is a great thread to tie with, but it... ...below. Comment To This page General comment Your name Your email Submit my comment All comments will be screened by the GFF staff before publication. ...
114. Types of fly tying thread - Thread control - Global FlyFisher
...ers only use thin monofilaments. My own choices are: Uni-Thread 8/0 for my general tying. A thin thread that's availabe in many colo... ...- good for ribbing , 6/0 and 8/0. The 6/0 is good for general tying, but as the thread flattens poorly it will add some bulk to most flies. The 8/0 is... ...s page General comment Your name Your email Submit my comment All comments will be screened by the GFF staff before publication. No HTML, images or li...
115. Classic Bass and Lake Flies - A tribute to Mary Orvis Marbury - Global FlyFisher
...a labor of love. In her own words; To create history one should be a great general, an inventor, or an explorer, but to those of us who are not so for... ...irst-class , and found that it generally proved the most taking fly I used whilst there. Lord Baltimore Tied by Bob Petti Tip: Flat Gold Tinsel Tail:... ...age General comment Your name Your email Submit my comment All comments will be screened by the GFF staff before publication. No HTML, images or links...
116. Streamers Of Bert Quimby
...s while working as a reporter that Quimby first met Ai Wellington Ballou - generally acknowledged as the father o... ...er history in general. For Ballou not only went on to coach Bert Quimby on the finer points of fishing, but more importantly, also gave him his indoct... ...s those patterns are generally accepted to be originated by Ray Salminen and Bill Edson, respectively. There were, of course, his less 'ghostly' strea...
117. Hyper-Compleat Principles of Leader Design - The most comprehensive tool for calculating classical and contemporary leaders - and designing your own formulas for knotted leaders - Global FlyFisher
...rces on tying leaders were few and far between. There are lots and lots of general arti... ...facturer of leader material boasts a different pound test rating, they all generally are within a predictable r... ...s Want to comment this page? Fill out the form below. Comment To This page General comment Your nam...
118. Mouse flies - Somewhat an oxymoron - a fly that's a mammal - but still a fun fly to tie, and not least to fish when the large fish are tuned in on a mouse menu. - Global FlyFisher
...l or pear shaped body and a long tail and you are there. Floating patterns generally work best, but even simply splashing a nearly sinking mouse fly i... ... do the trick. Mice vary greatly in size, but the common mouse species are generally smaller than most people imagine, so don't worry too much about m... ... and foam in different ways. The general idea of these hair and foam mice is a hair body for volume and a foam back for flotation. Many of these highl...
119. The Danish seatrout - Fish in the streams and in the ocean, ready to run into the streams to spawn. This is a look into the Danish seatrout's world. Once again I've been out with my camera, trying to capture some of nature's most beautiful scenes. No clips from the film may be used without the photographer's permission. Danish w/English subtitles The music is once again from: www.Music4YourVids.co.uk - fly fishing video channel - Global FlyFisher
...le no. 2 Simple: The bottom is like the beach This is not always true, but generally the beach can be used to judge the bottom below the su... ...ild Hogan Brown designed the Red Headed Stepchild to take the place of two general... Fly Fishing for Southern... An edit of some of the footage we ha...
120. Fly Tying Thread Blues - The old aught system for tying threads (6/0, 8/0, 10/0) isn't really good. So the newer Denier system is much better, right? No, not really! - Global FlyFisher
...n general that was it. And if you were like me you tied with 8/0 and 6/0 95% of the time. 8/0 for small flies and 6/0 for the larger ones. When I star... ...which is also applicable on fly-tying thread, which by sewing standards is generally very thin by the way. ... ...r, or decitex a similar measurement in general commercial use , is the only way to reasonable assess thread sizes AND only when comparing threads of l...