Find it all
Results 121-130, 4964 total, on "general" (0.62 seconds)
121. Hyper-Compleat Principles of Leader Design - The most comprehensive tool for calculating classical and contemporary leaders - and designing your own formulas for knotted leaders - Global FlyFisher
...rces on tying leaders were few and far between. There are lots and lots of general articles, but none that had all the information I needed to really ... ...r of leader material boasts a different pound test rating, they all generally are within a predictable range. For example, most 8x tippets are around ... ...o comment this page? Fill out the form below. Comment To This page General comment Your name Your email Submit my comment All comments will be screene...
122. Flyfishing with a float - It's possible to fish a fly without a flyrod. You just need a bobber, a bubble, a float, a bombarda, a sbirolino, a buldo or whatever you want to call it... and a spinning rod. - Global FlyFisher
...rod if the wind makes casting a fly hard or even impossible. The method is generally considered the most efficient method for fishing for coastal sea ... ... A bubble float fisher will generally outfish both fly and spin fishers. The method is also useful for many other kinds of fishing, and even dry flies... ...Bonnand type, which is usually egg-shaped and has tube going through it is generally preferred by coastal anglers. There are ball-shaped ones too, flo...
123. The CDC & Elk family - Hans Weilenmann's CDC & Elk is a fly as good as they come. Still a lot of people - including Hans himself - have made variations - Global FlyFisher
... its originator. The original The CDC & Elk is Hans' signature fly, and is generally acknowledged as a modern classic in dry flies. It has probably be... ...iveness as a general dry fly. Then, later on, I saw it fished as a streamer at Oostvornse Meer in Holland on a large longshank hook with equal success... ...me since my fly only remotely looks like Paul Slaney's Bonefish fly , is a generally useful seatrout...
124. A new breed - Fly fishing videos have gone through an amazing development during the last five years. - Global FlyFisher
...ouTube made it possible to distribute homemade footage easily, albeit in a generally lousy technical quality. But a few productions made it out on the... ... fashioned letterbox format. On my high rez computer screen HD-productions generally look astonishing. HD-gasm: Once in a Blue moon ...
125. Internet Flies - Euphoria and disappointment of ordering commercially tied flies through the Internet - Global FlyFisher
...and many customers fear that the production quality of “Internet flies” is generally low. This may also arise from ... ... goes without saying that we excluded these patterns from field testing. A general problem that ever... ...ly true that the catchability of a fly generally has nothing to do with our own sense and feeling of beauty, at least we felt that a customer would be...
126. Types of fly tying thread - Thread control - Global FlyFisher
...ers only use thin monofilaments. My own choices are: Uni-Thread 8/0 for my general tying. A thin thread that's availabe in many colo... ...- good for ribbing , 6/0 and 8/0. The 6/0 is good for general tying, but as the thread flattens poorly it will add some bulk to most flies. The 8/0 is... ...s page General comment Your name Your email Submit my comment All comments will be screened by the GFF staff before publication. No HTML, images or li...
127. Build a rod, 3 - Part 3: Preparing, wrapping and aligning the guides - Global FlyFisher
...Stress test, fig.3 Jan-Ole Willers Stress test, fig.4 Jan-Ole Willers Some general guidelines: - The number of guides should be not too few Fig. 1 . T... ...asily with an additional weight on the book we are using. The procedure is generally the same as for... ...with the strippers to achieve wrappings of the same width on both feet. In general even and very tight wrappings will look ...
128. Book Reviews - All you ever wanted to read - Global FlyFisher
...t deals with all aspects of tube flies. If you are looking for a general introduction to tubes in book-form, this is the way to go. Urban angler Publi... ...tegies and much more. On top of that comes a more general section on trout food and flies. Fly Fishers Guide to Saltwater Naturals and their Imitation...
129. Tips GFFpix - share your best flyfishing pictures - Global FlyFisher
... location, but please limit the keywords to single words if possible, just generally describing the content of the picture. Short words like fish, fli... ... You can select several if you want - even none, in none are suitable, but generally it should be possible to check a cou... ...ge piece of advice, but GFF partner Martin Jorgensen writes: Trust me: you generally want to underexpose your digital im...
130. The road to Lake Oostvoorne - A blue ribbon steelhead fishery... in the Netherlands! Glittering, strong and abundant - that's the steelhead of the Dutch Lake Oostvoorne - Global FlyFisher
...lk about the lake in general? At roughly 550 acres it's quite a sizeable expanse of water. On a map it resembles a kidney shape with one end larger th... ...ny bushes provide a more pleasing aspect. Crystal clear water The shore is generally sandy and easily accessible with the exception of the western end... ... Comment To This page General comment Your name Your email Submit my comment All comments will be screened by the GFF staff before publication. No HTM...