Find it all
Results 91-100, 4973 total, on "general" (0.73 seconds)
91. All about fly tying thread - Thread control - Global FlyFisher
...ers only use thin monofilaments. My own choices are: Uni-Thread 8/0 for my general tying. A thin thread that's availabe in many colors GSP, preferably... ...he 6/0 is good for general tying, but as the thread flattens poorly it will add some bulk to most flies. The 8/0 is a great thread to tie with, but it... ...below. Comment To This page General comment Your name Your email Submit my comment All comments will be screened by the GFF staff before publication. ...
92. The road to Lake Oostvoorne - A blue ribbon steelhead fishery... in the Netherlands! Glittering, strong and abundant - that's the steelhead of the Dutch Lake Oostvoorne - Global FlyFisher
...lk about the lake in general? At roughly 550 acres it's quite a sizeable expanse of water. On a map it resembles a kidney shape with one end larger th... ...ny bushes provide a more pleasing aspect. Crystal clear water The shore is generally sandy and easily accessible with the exception of the western end... ... Comment To This page General comment Your name Your email Submit my comment All comments will be screened by the GFF staff before publication. No HTM...
93. Essential Patterns with Oliver Edwards - Book and video reviews - Global FlyFisher
...ct - from the camera work, to the audio, to the general production – to say nothing of the fly tying content. He’s a very engaging teacher, and I can ... ... tying was in support of the general fishing theme, with this set the emphasis is entirely on fly tying. The first volume is titled “Quick Ties and Fa... .... Want to comment this page? Fill out the form below. Comment To This page General co...
94. Don't tie flies - Just kidding! This is in reality a declaration of love to the art and craft of tying fishing flies with lots of tips for the beginning fly-tyer. - Global FlyFisher
...at that the quality of both tools and materials is rarely even average and generally downright lousy. Hand pick tools and materials in ... ...t in my lists, and you can just adjust your own shopping list accordingly. General... ...ou can buy or acquire depending on what you are tying. The list gives some general suggestions and a color specter, but is of course neither definite ...
95. Salmon King of the Sea - Global FlyFisher
...ecause the bait fish are more concentrated and thus so are the chinook. In general in doesn't matter which way the tide is flowing, just as long as yo... ...key component to fishing the kelp beds is to be anchored in the best spot. Generally ... ...Fill out the form below. Comment To This page General comment Your name Your email Submit my comment All comments will be screened by the GFF staff be...
96. Light Curing Resins - If you're still messing around with two-component epoxy, it's about time to lift your head and discover the new Light Curing Resins, LCR - the New Age Epoxy - Global FlyFisher
...im at general repair, surf and marine workshops as well as resins made especially for fly-tying. The selection of both resins and lamps and torches is... ...h of light to cure. There are essentially two types: UV and blue light. In general these are both considered harmless if you ... ...ow Medium None None These are all based on evaporating solvents, which are generally considered very harmful Discoloration yellowing can oftentimes be...
97. Tigerfish in South Africa - Tigerfish from my Verandah - Where are the days when tigers where tigers? - Global FlyFisher
... evaporates from the African sun. Generally there is not a huge amount of flood damage, as the water moves so slowly. When the water level reaches its... ...tion will be the name of the game with many a lost fish. Leader setups are generally short on the fast sinking lines with the maximum being about 5 fo... ... to have another and you will forever “miss the rain in Africa.” Africa in general is a dry...
98. Hyper-Compleat Principles of Leader Design - The most comprehensive tool for calculating classical and contemporary leaders - and designing your own formulas for knotted leaders - Global FlyFisher
...rces on tying leaders were few and far between. There are lots and lots of general articles, but none that had all the information I needed to really ... ...r of leader material boasts a different pound test rating, they all generally are within a predictable range. For example, most 8x tippets are around ... ...o comment this page? Fill out the form below. Comment To This page General comment Your name Your email Submit my comment All comments will be screene...
99. Internet Flies - Euphoria and disappointment of ordering commercially tied flies through the Internet - Global FlyFisher
...and many customers fear that the production quality of “Internet flies” is generally low. This may also arise from ... ... goes without saying that we excluded these patterns from field testing. A general problem that ever... ...ly true that the catchability of a fly generally has nothing to do with our own sense and feeling of beauty, at least we felt that a customer would be...
100. Splayed-A-Live Pike Flies - Global FlyFisher
... Pike Fly is really a general idea more than a pattern - and not even a very original one. Basically this is a Stu Apte tarpon fly or a Seaducer that ... ... a precise pattern, but more a general manner of tying flies that will yield volume and light weight. The fly type is very functional, and basically c... ... Comment To This page General comment Your name Your email Submit my comment All comments will be screened by the GFF staff before publication. No HTM...