Find it all
Results 91-100, 4937 total, on "general" (1.06 seconds)
91. Denmark - Keywords - The words we use - Global FlyFisher
...areas along the coasts many places in Europe. Map of Denmark Just for your general orientation I've marked out a few good fishing spots. Map of Europe... ...he bottom is like the beach This is not always true, but generally the beach can be used to judge the bottom below the surface. Rule no. 3 Fish are wh... ...fish. Strategy Points are generally good landmarks to use as a base for the fishing. Not that there are necessarily more fish there, but as they make ...
92. Fly Tying Thread Blues - The old aught system for tying threads (6/0, 8/0, 10/0) isn't really good. So the newer Denier system is much better, right? No, not really! - Global FlyFisher
...n general that was it. And if you were like me you tied with 8/0 and 6/0 95% of the time. 8/0 for small flies and 6/0 for the larger ones. When I star... ...which is also applicable on fly-tying thread, which by sewing standards is generally very thin by the way. ... ...r, or decitex a similar measurement in general commercial use , is the only way to reasonable assess thread sizes AND only when comparing threads of l...
93. Don't tie flies - Just kidding! This is in reality a declaration of love to the art and craft of tying fishing flies with lots of tips for the beginning fly-tyer. - Global FlyFisher
...at that the quality of both tools and materials is rarely even average and generally downright lousy. Hand pick tools and materials in ... ...t in my lists, and you can just adjust your own shopping list accordingly. General... ...ou can buy or acquire depending on what you are tying. The list gives some general suggestions and a color specter, but is of course neither definite ...
94. Tips for selecting deer hair - Deer hair textures - Different animals have hair with different textures - and different uses - Global FlyFisher
...eason Medium Stiff ½-¾ 1-2 Yearling Medium Soft 1½-2½ 3.5-7 Antelope Generally Coarse Brittle 1-1½ 2.5-4 Caribou Generally Fine ¾-1½ 0.6-4 Moose Body... ... out the form below. Comment To This page General comment Your name Your email Submit my comment All comments will be screened by the GFF staff before...
95. Global - Destinations all over the globe - Global FlyFisher
...f Denmark Just for your general orientation I've marked out a few good fishing spots. Map of Europe Here's where Denmark is on the map of Europe. Denm... ...not always true, but generally the beach can be used to judge the bottom below the surface. Rule no. 3 Fish are where they feel good That is where one... ...rger lures of different kinds can also trap many fish. Strategy Points are generally go...
96. Shrimp anatomy for the fly tyer - There's a wealth of shrimp flies out there, but very few that actually look like shrimp. This article will teach you what to focus on in shrimp flies. - Global FlyFisher
...of the world of shrimp. My lecture is very general, and deals with the average, small shrimp. There are local variations regarding color and other thi... ...ut such monsters are hardly interesting to imitate with a fly. They are in general quite uniform in size, and although there are smaller and larger sp...
97. Tigerfish in South Africa - Tigerfish from my Verandah - Where are the days when tigers where tigers? - Global FlyFisher
... evaporates from the African sun. Generally there is not a huge amount of flood damage, as the water moves so slowly. When the water level reaches its... ...tion will be the name of the game with many a lost fish. Leader setups are generally short on the fast sinking lines with the maximum being about 5 fo... ... to have another and you will forever “miss the rain in Africa.” Africa in general is a dry...
98. Book review, The Technology of Fly Rods, by Don Phillips - Global FlyFisher
...always wanted to know more about the blanks themselves. More than just the general idea that sheets of graphite... ... better rod assembler , but it certainly will add to my knowledge base and general understanding, which is never a bad thing. In some ways, the cover ... ... articles that deal with fly rod design, construction, and rod building in general. There is also a glossery of terms, which can be particularly helpf...
99. Flyfishing with a float - It's possible to fish a fly without a flyrod. You just need a bobber, a bubble, a float, a bombarda, a sbirolino, a buldo or whatever you want to call it... and a spinning rod. - Global FlyFisher
...rod if the wind makes casting a fly hard or even impossible. The method is generally considered the most efficient method for fishing for coastal sea ... ... A bubble float fisher will generally outfish both fly and spin fishers. The method is also useful for many other kinds of fishing, and even dry flies... ...Bonnand type, which is usually egg-shaped and has tube going through it is generally preferred by coastal anglers. There are ball-shaped ones too, flo...
100. Hyper-Compleat Principles of Leader Design - The most comprehensive tool for calculating classical and contemporary leaders - and designing your own formulas for knotted leaders - Global FlyFisher
...rces on tying leaders were few and far between. There are lots and lots of general arti... ...facturer of leader material boasts a different pound test rating, they all generally are within a predictable r... ...nt To This page General comment Your name Your email Submit my comment All comments will be screened by the GFF staff before publication. No HTML, ima...