Find it all
Results 101-110, 1232 total, on "go prop" (0.28 seconds)
"go", is too short a word and was ignored.
101. Salmon Flies - Keywords - The words we use - Global FlyFisher
...omy of a salmon fly Although each salmon fly pattern may call for its' own proportions and components, the following dia... ...gram and table identifies the standard anatomy and proportions used in salmon fly tying. Cheapskate Heron IPS : I came upon an idea. Actually I combin... ...ds to create. IQ Zeb Macahan was the final product of this. The Salmon Fly Proportion, Design &...
102. Fly line anatomy - Global FlyFisher
... there will be disadvantages. It will be harder to cast, unwilling to form proper arcs and unwilling change its shape in the cast. Apart from that the... ... the reel - over time. And the smoothness could prevent you from getting a proper grip on the line. In other words: a compromise be... ...s have very little of this memory while others have to be stretched into a proper shape every time they are pulled off the reel. Some will maintain th...
103. 10 Ways to Fish Green - GFF lists ten things we all can do to be more green - Global FlyFisher
...away or recycle it properly when you are home. Some streams and lakes now have monofilament line recycling cans. Or, consider leading the charge in pl... ...est. When they’ve reached their useful life, discard or recycle them properly. #3 Minimize Synthetics Consider fishing flies with little or no s... ...sh bag in your vest, fill it up as you see trash streamside and discard it properly when you re...
104. Fly line anatomy - Global FlyFisher
... there will be disadvantages. It will be harder to cast, unwilling to form proper arcs and unwilling change its shape in the cast. Apart from tha... ... the reel - over time. And the smoothness could prevent you from getting a proper grip on the line. In other words: a c... ...s have very little of this memory while others have to be stretched into a proper shape every time they are pulled off the reel. Some will maintain th...
105. How to act right - Looking and behaving right on the water matters. Act or look the wrong way, and fellow anglers will spot you as a helpless beginner right away. This is the second chapter of two, and it will teach you what to do in order to get some stream cred. - Global FlyFisher
... proper clothing and all your gear has the right tags, logos and colors. But using all this fancy equipment in the wrong way can lead to total disaste... ...park” it on the rod. These are the ways NOT to do it: Using the hook rest. Proper rods have no hook rest , and if they have, you don't use it! Hooked ... ...eye of the rod. Stuck into the cork of the rod. God forbid! No, the way to properly rest your fly is this: you already have a bit of fly line out the ...
106. T.E.Pryce-Tannat - How to dress salmon flies - Book review - Global FlyFisher
...s, proportions and proper choice of materials after having read the first couple of chapters in P-T's book. Not before hooks and tools are mentioned d... ...ther story related to salmon flies might also interest you: The Salmon Fly Proportion, Design & Layout Gui...
107. Mouse flies - Somewhat an oxymoron - a fly that's a mammal - but still a fun fly to tie, and not least to fish when the large fish are tuned in on a mouse menu. - Global FlyFisher
...d owls, which again means less pressure on the mice, which then thrive and propagate, and the cycle can ... ...ng, you want a hook with a large gape to clear materials and hook the fish properly. Hooks in the 1/0, 2/0 and up to a 4/0 are great for mice. Go for ... ... where you can assess the proper length an trim. Some tyers simply knot some pieces of mono or rubber legs around the hook shank when the fly is done ...
108. Tour de France tying - Why tying many identical flies can be a good thing - and can be better than tying many different flies - Global FlyFisher
... for several flies Devise routines while tying that single pattern Measure proportions for each fly against the best you tied in the bunch Varnish or ... ...: I measure. As soon as I have tied a specimen that I like with regards to proportions and look, I use that as a template for the rest. Whenever I ne... ...lect the proper amount right away. Varnishing As I finish each fly I set it in a large piece of cork that I have beside me and continue on to the next...
109. Classic Maine Streamers - MikeMartinek, Jr. - Global FlyFisher
...iewer is left with a sense of awe. All the materials that go into the fly, properly proportioned and perfectly placed, with a small black head as a fi... ...rstanding of the properties that are desirable in the wing feathers. I also would have liked to see a third pattern tied. This really amounts to 'nit ...
110. Whip Finishing with your hands - Global FlyFisher
... Whip Finishing with your hands It looks cool and saves a tool Preparation Proper preparation of the ... ...hard head as a foundation. The whipfinish will not add much volume if done properly. - Make sure that enough thread is out of the bobb... ...er to a horizontal position. 2 [F] If properly done this will leave you with the palm of the hand facing yourself and the thread going from the bobbin...