Find it all
Results 121-130, 1245 total, on "go prop" (0.52 seconds)
"go", is too short a word and was ignored.
121. How to act right - Looking and behaving right on the water matters. Act or look the wrong way, and fellow anglers will spot you as a helpless beginner right away. This is the second chapter of two, and it will teach you what to do in order to get some stream cred. - Global FlyFisher
... proper clothing and all your gear has the right tags, logos and colors. But using all this fancy equipment in the wrong way can lead to total disaste... ...park” it on the rod. These are the ways NOT to do it: Using the hook rest. Proper rods have no hook rest , and if they have, you don't use it! Hooked ... ...eye of the rod. Stuck into the cork of the rod. God forbid! No, the way to properly rest your fly is this: you already have a bit of fly line out the ...
122. Tour de France tying - Why tying many identical flies can be a good thing - and can be better than tying many different flies - Global FlyFisher
... for several flies Devise routines while tying that single pattern Measure proportions for each fly against the best you tied in the bunch Varnish or ... ...: I measure. As soon as I have tied a specimen that I like with regards to proportions and look, I use that as a template for the rest. Whenever I ne... ...lect the proper amount right away. Varnishing As I finish each fly I set it in a large piece of cork that I have beside me and continue on to the next...
123. Patterns - All the great fly patterns - The best dry flies, wet flies, nymphs, streamers - Material lists and tying instructions - Global FlyFisher
...ine makings for a proper foundation were in place... Temperamental pheatherz were spot welded in place without complaint nor defiance... Great Lakes I... ...g tying shrimp flies. The eyes, proportions and legs gives this pattern some kind of magic. Bergman Published: 2006-12-02 More than 4 years ago Conver... ...lf in the shop was a little book that was propped open. It was Leisenring and Hidy's The Art of Tying The Wet-Fly and Fishing The Flymph. Inside, I fo...
124. T.E.Pryce-Tannat - How to dress salmon flies - Book review - Global FlyFisher
...s, proportions and proper choice of materials after having read the first couple of chapters in P-T's book. Not before hooks and tools are mentioned d... ...ther story related to salmon flies might also interest you: The Salmon Fly Proportion, Design & Layout Gui...
125. Fly line anatomy - Global FlyFisher
... there will be disadvantages. It will be harder to cast, unwilling to form proper arcs and unwilling change its shape in the cast. Apart from tha... ... the reel - over time. And the smoothness could prevent you from getting a proper grip on the line. In other words: a c... ...s have very little of this memory while others have to be stretched into a proper shape every time they are pulled off the reel. Some will maintain th...
126. Whip Finishing with your hands - Global FlyFisher
... Whip Finishing with your hands It looks cool and saves a tool Preparation Proper preparation of the ... ...hard head as a foundation. The whipfinish will not add much volume if done properly. - Make sure that enough thread is out of the bobb... ...er to a horizontal position. 2 [F] If properly done this will leave you with the palm of the hand facing yourself and the thread going from the bobbin...
127. The MÃƒÂ¶rrum Circus - Global FlyFisher
... the shooting part of the line through the rod tips while still unrolling. Properly dosed the whole assembly will stretch and deliver the fly perfectl... ... the same time very dependent on the longer rod, the running water and the proper technique. It is in addition characterised by the beauty of not requ... ... might also interest you: The Salmon Fly Proportion, Design & Layout Guide Size matters : The first rule of salmonfly tying is preparation...gathering...
128. Global Fly Fisher, Jan Normandale, GFF columnist, Column March 2000
...the most. But it was Marryatt who was the undisputed dry fly innovator and proponent on Britain's chalk streams, and everyone else played catch-up, in... ...Generations have treated this man's interpretation as gospel, false prophet or just plain confused? However, back to the situation at hand, pity poor ...
129. Favorite Streamer Swap - Winter 2009-2010 Streamer Swap - Global FlyFisher
...of interesting topics for swaps and streamer features, but at the moment I proposed this one, none of them jumped out at me. Lacking any ... ...h today's proportions. Grey Ghost Tied by Tom Adams, Charlotte, NC Hook: 8x streamer Thread: White 6/0 for body, Black 8/0 for head Tag: Flat silver t...
130. Fly Fishing's "Spring Tune-Up" - Prepare your fly gear - rod, reel, leaders, waders - for the coming spring - Global FlyFisher
...ies, the equipment we use is seldom the limiting factor. However, ignoring proper and timely maintenance can severely hamper not only our abilities as... ...best to send them to the manufacturer and have the seam re-glued and taped properly. If you do find the offending pin hole in your waders patch it fro...