Find it all
Results 121-130, 1266 total, on "go prop" (0.30 seconds)
"go", is too short a word and was ignored.
121. How to fish with more than one fly - There are several situations where tying more than one fly on your tippet makes sense. We go through a few and show you several methods of rigging and fishing more than one fly. - Global FlyFisher
...imes cutting the tippet is the only way to get things untied . But using a proper taper through the rig can help. A sturdy and... ...t TRC to propel it out. The final phase of haul is quite similar to the Scandinavian style underhand cast where the leader sticks to the water next to...
122. Czech Nymphing - Straight from the source - Global FlyFisher
...n help us to keep our contact with the flies. First of all it is, however, proper leading of the flies and copying their movements in the water by rod... ...t with success, when we let the flies rise from the bottom to the surface. Proper weighting o... ...in to the back. We tie the whole length we have, we will shorten it to the proper length till before tying the head. Thus it is easier to work with an...
123. Barrel Full of Bucktails - Classics and favorites - Global FlyFisher
...at extended well past the bend. It is my fault that the above fly is not a proper representation of his tying style. I suggest you tie yours the way ... ...r the past few years. I got a big smile when I read your comment about the proportions of the Black Nose ... ...hris Del Plato on another forum. I have since tyed and fished the fly with proportions closer to Mr. Flick's originals. Anywa...
124. How to act right - Looking and behaving right on the water matters. Act or look the wrong way, and fellow anglers will spot you as a helpless beginner right away. This is the second chapter of two, and it will teach you what to do in order to get some stream cred. - Global FlyFisher
... proper clothing and all your gear has the right tags, logos and colors. But using all this fancy equipment in the wrong way can lead to total disaste... ...park” it on the rod. These are the ways NOT to do it: Using the hook rest. Proper rods have no hook rest , and if they have, you don't use it! Hooked ... ...eye of the rod. Stuck into the cork of the rod. God forbid! No, the way to properly rest your fly is this: you already have a bit of fly line out the ...
125. Mouse flies - Somewhat an oxymoron - a fly that's a mammal - but still a fun fly to tie, and not least to fish when the large fish are tuned in on a mouse menu. - Global FlyFisher
...d owls, which again means less pressure on the mice, which then thrive and propagate, and the cycle can ... ...ng, you want a hook with a large gape to clear materials and hook the fish properly. Hooks in the 1/0, 2/0 and up to a 4/0 are great for mice. Go for ... ... where you can assess the proper length an trim. Some tyers simply knot some pieces of mono or rubber legs around the hook shank when the fly is done ...
126. Classic Maine Streamers - MikeMartinek, Jr. - Global FlyFisher
...iewer is left with a sense of awe. All the materials that go into the fly, properly proportioned and perfectly placed, with a small black head as a fi... ...rstanding of the properties that are desirable in the wing feathers. I also would have liked to see a third pattern tied. This really amounts to 'nit ...
127. The Rising Salar - Dennis & Henrik Petersen, Roar Velle - video/DVD review - Global FlyFisher
...-now-fly-rods and actually get salmon to rise to their dries. They get the proper rods and fish and hike their way further up the river and into the m... ...mon fly Tiebetter : Although each salmon fly pattern may call for its' own proportions and components, the following diagram and table identifies the ... ... and proportions used in salmon fly tying. Go to the story More about Salmon A couple of random articles New Streamers Converting a classic salmon fly...
128. Global Fly Fisher, Building Bamboo Fly Rods - Part 3, Harry Boyd
...ey. Good rod making books discuss ways to get your plane in proper working order. Several good web articles are also available. Email me Maker@canerod... ...mon fly Tiebetter : Although each salmon fly pattern may call for its' own proportions and components, the following diagram and table identifies the ... ...anatomy and proportions used in salmon fly tying. Go to the story Click to see other stories with the keyword reference Want to comment this page? Fil...
129. Global Fly Fisher, Sheep Hair Flies
...ou're going to cast a few floaters before they absorb enough water to sink properly. The flies I initially tied were based on Whitloc... ... these set up the proportions for adding the rest of the materials. And remember, since the fly rides point up, the belly of the fly is on the side of... ...ic reflective properties, yet isn't so limp that it will fall out of place when fished. Dave uses a piece of pearl mylar under the hackle, but I like ...
130. Reference - Keywords - The words we use - Global FlyFisher
...arry Boyd takes us through the process of trimming the bamboo blank to the proper length, preparing and mounting your ferrules, and a... ...y Although each salmon fly pattern may call for its' own proportions and components, the following diagram and table identifies the standard anatomy a...