Find it all
Results 91-100, 1251 total, on "go prop" (0.17 seconds)
"go", is too short a word and was ignored.
91. Whip Finishing with your hands - Global FlyFisher
... Whip Finishing with your hands It looks cool and saves a tool Preparation Proper preparation of the ... ...hard head as a foundation. The whipfinish will not add much volume if done properly. - Make sure that enough thread is out of the bobb... ...er to a horizontal position. 2 [F] If properly done this will leave you with the palm of the hand facing yourself and the thread going from the bobbin...
92. Classic Maine Streamers - MikeMartinek, Jr. - Global FlyFisher
...iewer is left with a sense of awe. All the materials that go into the fly, properly proportioned and perfectly placed, with a small black head as a fi... ...rstanding of the properties that are desirable in the wing feathers. I also would have liked to see a third pattern tied. This really amounts to 'nit ...
93. Fly line anatomy - Global FlyFisher
... there will be disadvantages. It will be harder to cast, unwilling to form proper arcs and unwilling change its shape in the cast. Apart from tha... ... the reel - over time. And the smoothness could prevent you from getting a proper grip on the line. In other words: a c... ...s have very little of this memory while others have to be stretched into a proper shape every time they are pulled off the reel. Some will maintain th...
94. How to fish with more than one fly - There are several situations where tying more than one fly on your tippet makes sense. We go through a few and show you several methods of rigging and fishing more than one fly. - Global FlyFisher
...imes cutting the tippet is the only way to get things untied . But using a proper taper through the rig can help. A sturdy and... ...t TRC to propel it out. The final phase of haul is quite similar to the Scandinavian style underhand cast where the leader sticks to the water next to...
95. Biking and Fly Fishing - Having a hard time finding new fishing locations is a common complaint. How about using your bike to go new places? Mike Hogue introduces you to the combination of biking and fishing. - Global FlyFisher
...000 bike trails that run through some 193 million acres of national forest property. There are also countless rehabs of waterfront property that invol... ...e river front properties offer a great way to see and experience different kinds of water. Lots of modern office parks also have walkways, bike trails...
96. Tour de France tying - Why tying many identical flies can be a good thing - and can be better than tying many different flies - Global FlyFisher
... for several flies Devise routines while tying that single pattern Measure proportions for each fly against the best you tied in the bunch Varnish or ... ...: I measure. As soon as I have tied a specimen that I like with regards to proportions and look, I use that as a template for the rest. Whenever I ne... ...lect the proper amount right away. Varnishing As I finish each fly I set it in a large piece of cork that I have beside me and continue on to the next...
97. Hooks - Keywords - The words we use - Global FlyFisher
... salmon fly Although each salmon fly pattern may call for its' own proportions and components, the following diagram and table identifies the standard... ... finger The Salmon Fly Proportion, Design & Layout Guide Size matters : The first rule of salmonfly tying is preparation...gathering your materials, l...
98. Make Your Own Dubbing Wax The real stuff - Global FlyFisher
...ctions for making one’s own wax rather than a specific recipe. Knowing the properties of each ingredient is the key to making a dubbi... ...ng ingredients and discarded when finished. MIXING AND HEATING Dubbing Wax Proportion Guidelines 2 parts... ...h your fingers. If the batch of wax doesn't satisfy your needs, adjust the proportions of ingredients accordingly. FILLING THE DUBBING...
99. Bobbin holders - Most people use a bobbin holder when they tie flies. In spite of being a simple tool there are some pretty advanced models out there. This is a look at the ins and outs of bobbin holders. - Global FlyFisher
...mate Bobbin is designed for standard spools and need a bobbin that has the proper outer and inner diameter as well as some sprocket holes f... ...ld be obtainable with most good bobbin holders provided you adjust tension properly. It's a very beautifully made piece of mechanics and when tying wi... ...allow you to zip down around the hanging plier than back up close to get a proper bight on the target then back down and around the plier and so on a...
100. Wayne Luallen - Global FlyFisher
...e articles to this web site: Hair Stacking Learn to select and handle hair properly The Nature of F... ...on An excellent and detailed account for feather anatomy, construction and proper nomenclature. The Anatomy of a Feather A one page overview of the pa... ...Materials A class in that important art: proper cleaning of fly tying materials Did you find the above interesting? People who looked at the above als...