Find it all
Results 51-60, 378 total, on "knots" (0.82 seconds)
51. How to act right - Looking and behaving right on the water matters. Act or look the wrong way, and fellow anglers will spot you as a helpless beginner right away. This is the second chapter of two, and it will teach you what to do in order to get some stream cred. - Global FlyFisher
...tippet. In reality it's most likely because your tippet is full of casting knots, but for app... ...don't fumble! Practice your knots from home, and make sure you can tie them in gale force winds and rain, blindfolded with your hands frozen stiff and... ...thinner ones and stores the sections with the right orientation. Tie loose knots on the strings on your rod bag, and slip the whole thing into the tub... ...a lot of time tying compex knots to join the different part of the rig. I wish someone had told me about loops when I started, because they would have...
52. Two overhand knots and the backing is securely attached to the spool (picture) - Backing on spool - Most of us know how, but this article is for the ones who never set up a complete reel, backing, line and leader. - Global FlyFisher
... First setup Backing on spool Two overhand knots and the backing is securely attached to the spool Photo/illustration: Martin Joergensen 2005 Want to ... ... submit a private comment, not for publication, use this form Two overhand knots and the backing is securely attached to the spool (picture) - B... ... Global FlyFisher The Global FlyFisher First setup Two overhand knots and the backing is securely attached to the spool (picture) - Backing on spool -...
53. Loop connections - Using the loop system - Global FlyFisher
...rst published before January 1st 2001 More about: Tackle Fly lines Leaders Knots Loop connections Making loops Loop-to-loop Large loop Loop on a fly l... ...I first started fishing with a fly rod, I spent a lot of time tying compex knots to join the different part of the rig. I wish someone had told me abo... ...pleased to know that a leader can be changed in a jiffy, without tying any knots. The loop-to-loop connection makes it so much easier to c... ... go on one reel. As you become a better fly angler and more confident with knots, you can always return to knotted connections, which...
54. Martin's Mundane Fly Project - This is the Mundane Fly Manifesto: Few and cheap materials, easy to find in the shops. Simple tying methods. Mundane flies. - Global FlyFisher
...ing style you learned - it is something far less physical. Go to the story Knots for the fly fisherman Tying : The discussion of knots seems endless. ... ...e best, and the ultimate knot has not yet been tied. We list the following knots in a knot table and show how to tie them one by one -- with a little ...
55. Merching fly lines with shrink tubes - Neat melting together two lines - Global FlyFisher
...mments GFF on Facebook Store Advertize Contact Keywords Keywords Fly lines Knots Fish Better Touch More about: Fly lines | Knots | Fish Better | Comme... ...rticle is for the ones who never set up a fly reel from scratch. See which knots will work where and what type and amount of backing you most probably...
56. Fly Fishing And Fly Tying on the cutting edge - The Global FlyFisher
...who never set up a fly reel from scratch. See which knots will work where and what type and amount of backing you most probably want. Start with this ... ...fly 13 The Universal Nymph 14 Fraileys Baby Buggers 15 GFF screensavers 16 Knots for flyfishermen 17 Czech nymphs 18 Secrets of making & fish... ...ti, trout, salmon, bass, knots, tips ...
57. Global Fly Fisher, Pete's EZ Hopper
...periment at streamside. Tie off the pattern with two whip knots over the foam or several half hitches behind the eye. Either way, try to get the knots... ...t a couple of drops of CA glue on the knots and wraps that tied on the head and rubber legs. The finished fly, top view. After drafting these instruct...
58. Beadhead Krystal Dub Nymph - A Simple but very effective nymph pattern. - fly fishing video channel - Global FlyFisher
...roduced Kasper Mühlbach to the Surf Candy. February 12th 2006 Fly fishing knots - - Global FlyFisher The most useful, easiest and strongest knots for... ...11 Capt. Mel's Tube Knot About 5 years ago after seeing so many really bad knots connecting the fly line to the butt leader section, Captain Mel Simps...
59. Shooting heads DIY - 1st section - preparing the lines - Global FlyFisher
...Pro : floats, handles beautifully, good friction turns over shooting head, knots untangle easily Con : high weight, fairly high friction, sti... ...lds poor shooting head turn over, kinks easily with tight knots as a result. Braided HT. Airflo, Scierra and similar brands Pro : good friction turns ...
60. The Orvis Fly Tying Guide by Tom Rosenbauer - Global FlyFisher
...tterns f... This other story related to beginners might also interest you: Knots for the fly fisherman Tying : The discussion of knots seems e... ...e best, and the ultimate knot has not yet been tied. We list the following knots in a knot table and show how to tie them one by one -- with...