Find it all
Results 101-110, 381 total, on "light box" (0.18 seconds)
101. Reports from Blog Creek - We're chained to our computers, thinking about fly fishing. This blog is our outlet to keep our heads from exploding - Global FlyFisher
...d among a dozen or so different hooks boxes. Some compartments are jammed to overflowing with a particular hook, and some have just a few left. Even i... ...t winters. Above me, on the shelves, is a plastic shoebox filled with hook boxes for models and siz... ...k drawer are loose bags of hooks I can't seem to find room for in the hook boxes. They are caught in some sort of limbo bet... ...ween important enough to be stored in a real hook box and all but forgotten in the plastic shoebox from Hell . On my desk is one of those little compa...
102. Favorite Streamer Swap - Winter 2009-2010 Streamer Swap - Global FlyFisher
...season, I didn't have any burning need that sent me running to my vise. My boxes were still very much as they were when the season began. My list of t... ...n my fly boxes, and I truly enjoy the friendship and camaraderie that comes with participating in a swap. It's not about who ties the best flies or wh... ...y I tied with my stash of Bird Fur, and it has been a consistent fly in my box ever since. When I feel the need ... ...for this swap, these are two of the more productive of his flies in my fly box. According to Lew, the two patterns are 'running mates'. He favored the...
103. Internet Flies - Euphoria and disappointment of ordering commercially tied flies through the Internet - Global FlyFisher
...has just begun. So how do your fly boxes look? Have you been busy tying old and new patterns during those cold winter nights or are your boxes still e... ...king flies in your box, then you will like the selection of the French online shop „ Peche truite “. The tying style and the homepage have one thing i... ...es were taken out of the box and fished. Prices range from 0.90 Euros to 2 Euros or from US$ 1.25 to about twice that amount, and while we felt that s... ... quality flies in the flybox instead of a collection of those designs. The light cahill Comparadun in figure 11 is a typical example. Creating an arc ...
104. Hillbilly Copper John - GFF's version of John Barr's popular nymph pattern the Copper John- and its simpler kin the Copper Joe AKA The Beadhead Brassie - Global FlyFisher
...n hackle legs,gold bead,not a differnt pattern just one I tye to match the lighter nymphs in our area works great i... ...ts not a new pattern just one tied to match the lighter nymphs. From: Bob White · Bob·at·whitefishstudio.com Submitted February 7... ...to exists. All that can be invented in this respect seems to have seen the light of day already - as your story also indicates... ...a, and we tied it large to look like an immature stone flies. We made them light to imitate PMD's and sulphers, etc., and dark for other mayflies. We ...
105. Mardi Gras Minnow - MGM - MGM = Mardi Gras Minnow, so named because of the material used for the eyes. I started tying this fly as an imitation of Casey Smartt's Meaty Minnow(R) As you can see, my results didn't come out anywhere near as elegant as Casey. But for some reason the fish seemed to like my disaster well enough. A trip to the Devil's River showed us that the action of the materials was enough to get strikes. Here is the recipe: Gama stinger hook, size 2 (or Mustad 34007, size 2) Size "A" rod wrapping thread, color to match craft fur Round Mardi Gras beads, red, green, blue, or black Clear finger nail polish (CA glue will work in a snap, but not prefered) White, or other light color craft fur Krystal flash or equiv Metalic sharpie(R), gold or silver - fly fishing video channel - Global FlyFisher
... nail polish CA glue will work in a snap, but not prefered White, or other light color craft fur Krystal flash or equiv Metalic sharpie R , gold or si... ... nail polish CA glue will work in a snap, but not prefered White, or other light color craft fur Krystal flash or equiv Metalic sharpie R , gold or si... ... is dead simple to tie. October 13th 2012 The Copper Bully No sea trout box should be without a small Gammerus imitation, and the Copper Bully is one ... ...ail polish (CA glue will work in a snap, but not prefered) White, or other light color craft fur Krystal flash or ...
106. Mini Pig - The Baltic seatrout community has been going berserk over a huge pink fly called the Pink Pig. I find that the Mini Pig is a more sensible alternative. - Global FlyFisher
...lor can be the same, but is often a slightly more pink than the light peach of the original. The antennae are omitted and the huge rostrum and very fl... ...l, hackle tips and some teased out dubbing. The body hackle is shorter and lighter. The eyes are the same: black melted and coated nylon eyes. The aur... ...y, and by using light gray or light olive dubbing and a grizzly hackle you get very close to a natural shrimp. Our experience tells us that the pink v... ... coated Body SLF Saltwater Dubbing color: fluo shell pink and Spirit River Lightnin Dub, col...
107. Global Fly Fisher, Gear Review, Partridge Flashpoint Hooks
...ortly after, a box came in the mail with a selection of some of these new hooks that are certainly going to be interesting to the trout angler. In gen... ...the box, and the barbed models feather barbs that are micro sized and easily pinched down with your pliers. The eyes are perfectly formed, and there w... ...ent. All the hooks are packaged in the same sort of plastic box as the Mustad Signature Series hooks. With a retail price in the neighborhood of four ... ... is offset in a the same point only fashion as the CZ hook. SLD - Surehold Lightning Dry The SLD is a superb barbless dry fly hoo...
108. Bonecrusher Bonefish - The Bonecrusher is a incredible small Bonefish fly. The Bonecrusher can be tied in several different sizes and colors. In this video we tie the Bonecrusher in the most popular "Shrimpy" color. The Bonecrusher is the perfect Bonefish Fly for the Bahamas, Mexico and Florida. The Bonecrusher can be tied with Beadchain or Lead Eyes, depending on the depth of the flat. The Bonecrusher can be tied in many colors, just simply change the color of the D-Rib and the Pseudo Hair wing. The Bonecrusher is a must have in any Bonefish Fly Box! Fun to tie too!! - fly fishing video channel - Global FlyFisher
...d the Pseudo Hair wing. The Bonecrusher is a must have in any Bonefish Fly Box! Fun to tie too!! - fly fishing video... ...d the Pseudo Hair wing. The Bonecrusher is a must have in any Bonefish Fly Box! Fun to tie too!! Originator: In The Riffle Web site: In The Riffle Sub... ...are's Ear and... Hook: Std Dry #12-#18 Thread: Dark Brown Body: Hare's Ear Light Hackle: Silver... Yellow Mayfly Nymph Walt's Worm and the... Detailed... ...d the Pseudo Hair wing. The Bonecrusher is a must have in any Bonefish Fly Box! Fun to tie too!...
109. Coloring Raw Tubes - A look into some alternative methods of coloring tubes - Global FlyFisher
...painting lots of tubes but sooner or later you'll want to step outside the box and stand alone with your flies, that's were hand painting tubes comes ... ...e foil my artist wife says its always easier to add the dark colors to the light colors instead of the other way around . Pick a small amount of the d... ...o let me do as I please. That is with the caveat of no flashing lights, seems the customs authorities frown upon anything with flashing lights. Stuff ... ... ones . Dark blue acrylic paint. White acrylic paint, I think I'll need to lighten the blue. Silver acrylic paint. to under pa...
110. The Tinsel Fly by Claus Bech-Petersen
... get the fish’s attention: This situation occurs in dark water, during low light conditions, with predatory species chas... ...and Danish pike. Travelling the Worldd you meet a lot of guides with their boxes filled with patterns. They have to c... ...t a very solid grip in the fish’s mouth and are lightweight and easy to cast. Flies for pike have to be big and generally I tie the flies with the ful... ...g to each other when the fly is lifted from the water, the pattern is both lightweight and aerodynamic to cast even in the...