Find it all
Results 101-110, 372 total, on "light box" (0.28 seconds)
101. Mardi Gras Minnow - MGM - MGM = Mardi Gras Minnow, so named because of the material used for the eyes. I started tying this fly as an imitation of Casey Smartt's Meaty Minnow(R) As you can see, my results didn't come out anywhere near as elegant as Casey. But for some reason the fish seemed to like my disaster well enough. A trip to the Devil's River showed us that the action of the materials was enough to get strikes. Here is the recipe: Gama stinger hook, size 2 (or Mustad 34007, size 2) Size "A" rod wrapping thread, color to match craft fur Round Mardi Gras beads, red, green, blue, or black Clear finger nail polish (CA glue will work in a snap, but not prefered) White, or other light color craft fur Krystal flash or equiv Metalic sharpie(R), gold or silver - fly fishing video channel - Global FlyFisher
... nail polish CA glue will work in a snap, but not prefered White, or other light color craft fur Krystal flash or equiv Metalic sharpie R , gold or si... ... nail polish CA glue will work in a snap, but not prefered White, or other light color craft fur Krystal flash or equiv Metalic sharpie R , gold or si... ... is dead simple to tie. October 13th 2012 The Copper Bully No sea trout box should be without a small Gammerus imitation, and the Copper Bully is one ... ...ail polish (CA glue will work in a snap, but not prefered) White, or other light color craft fur Krystal flash or ...
102. Bonecrusher Bonefish - The Bonecrusher is a incredible small Bonefish fly. The Bonecrusher can be tied in several different sizes and colors. In this video we tie the Bonecrusher in the most popular "Shrimpy" color. The Bonecrusher is the perfect Bonefish Fly for the Bahamas, Mexico and Florida. The Bonecrusher can be tied with Beadchain or Lead Eyes, depending on the depth of the flat. The Bonecrusher can be tied in many colors, just simply change the color of the D-Rib and the Pseudo Hair wing. The Bonecrusher is a must have in any Bonefish Fly Box! Fun to tie too!! - fly fishing video channel - Global FlyFisher
...d the Pseudo Hair wing. The Bonecrusher is a must have in any Bonefish Fly Box! Fun to tie too!! - fly fishing video... ...d the Pseudo Hair wing. The Bonecrusher is a must have in any Bonefish Fly Box! Fun to tie too!! Originator: In The Riffle Web site: In The Riffle Sub... ...are's Ear and... Hook: Std Dry #12-#18 Thread: Dark Brown Body: Hare's Ear Light Hackle: Silver... Yellow Mayfly Nymph Walt's Worm and the... Detailed... ...d the Pseudo Hair wing. The Bonecrusher is a must have in any Bonefish Fly Box! Fun to tie too!...
103. Mini Pig - The Baltic seatrout community has been going berserk over a huge pink fly called the Pink Pig. I find that the Mini Pig is a more sensible alternative. - Global FlyFisher
...lor can be the same, but is often a slightly more pink than the light peach of the original. The antennae are omitted and the huge rostrum and very fl... ...l, hackle tips and some teased out dubbing. The body hackle is shorter and lighter. The eyes are the same: black melted and coated nylon eyes. The aur... ...y, and by using light gray or light olive dubbing and a grizzly hackle you get very close to a natural shrimp. Our experience tells us that the pink v... ... coated Body SLF Saltwater Dubbing color: fluo shell pink and Spirit River Lightnin Dub, col...
104. Global Fly Fisher, Gear Review, Partridge Flashpoint Hooks
...ortly after, a box came in the mail with a selection of some of these new hooks that are certainly going to be interesting to the trout angler. In gen... ...the box, and the barbed models feather barbs that are micro sized and easily pinched down with your pliers. The eyes are perfectly formed, and there w... ...ent. All the hooks are packaged in the same sort of plastic box as the Mustad Signature Series hooks. With a retail price in the neighborhood of four ... ... is offset in a the same point only fashion as the CZ hook. SLD - Surehold Lightning Dry The SLD is a superb barbless dry fly hoo...
105. Hillbilly Copper John - GFF's version of John Barr's popular nymph pattern the Copper John- and its simpler kin the Copper Joe AKA The Beadhead Brassie - Global FlyFisher
...n hackle legs,gold bead,not a differnt pattern just one I tye to match the lighter nymphs in our area works great i... ...ts not a new pattern just one tied to match the lighter nymphs. From: Bob White · Bob·at·whitefishstudio.com Submitted February 7... ...to exists. All that can be invented in this respect seems to have seen the light of day already - as your story also indicates... ...a, and we tied it large to look like an immature stone flies. We made them light to imitate PMD's and sulphers, etc., and dark for other mayflies. We ...
106. Super Zug - This time I bring you an awesome looking Spey fly by Jeff Wimer called the "Super Zug". I really liked the look of this and decided I needed a few in my box and thought I should share it with you too. If you like my videos please sebscribe to my YouTube channel and like us on Facebook. All the material to tie this fly and more is available on our website @ http://holsingersflyshop.com so please stop by and check us out. - fly fishing video channel - Global FlyFisher
...per Zug . I really liked the look of this and decided I needed a few in my box and thought I should sha... ... look of this and decided I needed a few in my box and thought I should share it with you too. If you like my videos please sebscribe to my YouTube ch... ...and very different rods from ECHO, Harvest, Partridge and Scierra. All are light stream rods, but they still display large differences when fishe... ...the look of this and decided I needed a few in my box and thought I should share it with you too. If you like my videos please sebscribe to my YouTube...
107. The Tinsel Fly by Claus Bech-Petersen
... get the fish’s attention: This situation occurs in dark water, during low light conditions, with predatory species chas... ...and Danish pike. Travelling the Worldd you meet a lot of guides with their boxes filled with patterns. They have to c... ...t a very solid grip in the fish’s mouth and are lightweight and easy to cast. Flies for pike have to be big and generally I tie the flies with the ful... ...g to each other when the fly is lifted from the water, the pattern is both lightweight and aerodynamic to cast even in the...
108. Book Reviews - All you ever wanted to read - Global FlyFisher
...al, expanded and updated for today's fly angler. Many of the essays take a light hearted look at fly fishing and fisher... ...en lightly dressed Dee and Spey flies with their long and swung back hackles and low riding wings are just soooo fishy! . That's why he finds John She... ...e reviews are a heathly addition to a global site such as ours. A.K.'s Fly Box Published: 2001-01-01 More... ...ut this kind of tying. In this book he reveals the contents of his own fly boxes. They contain a lot of brown trout flies - no salt water patterns, no...
109. Bon Aventure flies - our suggestions - Tying instructions and patterns - Global FlyFisher
... and Nils, go here . Chinese White A fly tied by Ken Bonde Larsen. Made in light and discrete nuances suited for clear and cold water. Read the articl... ...lways be a part of any fly collection, and should not miss in a salmon fly box. The Overtaker will be published on November 8th 2008 The Dirty White... ... very good for the clear water. Another tube fly with light and discrete materials. Très Bien will be published on November 20th 2008 More inspiration... ...fill a box with hundreds of sea trout flies in preparation for the coming spring. He envisions rows of uniform and neatly arranged flies. December 14t...
110. The Zuddler - Question: What to you get when you combine elements of a Muddler Minnow and a Zonker? Answer: A Zuddler! - Global FlyFisher
...n of the Pattern by Joe Emery and John Rode Joe with a chromer Joe Emery A boxfull Martin Joergensen Brown and Purple Zuddler Martin Joergensen Brown ... ... looked good, high and dirty water kept the natural looking Zuddler in the box for seve... ...eek was a great place to test a pattern's fish appeal. To our delight, the light brown Zuddler lit up the otherwise reluctant Elk Creek steelhead. We ... ...aighten out below you. It can be cast in traditional wet fly style, mended lightly, and fished 2-3 feet under the surface in all but the fastest runs....