Find it all
Results 61-70, 11661 total, on "nz flies" (0.78 seconds)
"nz", is too short a word and was ignored.
61. Barrel Full of Bucktails - Classics and favorites - Global FlyFisher
...s until just a handful of years ago? I had plenty of marabou winged flies—the classic White Marabou being a favorite to this day—but not a single buck... ... What a great fly. More on that later. As with many fly tyers, I have more flies than time to fish them. I have boxes stuffed to overflowing with flie... ...led with flies, and altoid tins, and plano compartment boxes, and and and and. After awhile the reason for tying flies during the winter shifts from t... ...g in my craw to tie up a selection of the classic bucktails. Some of these flies are among the most well known of any genre of fishing flies—who ha...
62. The Hyper-Compleat Guide to Getting Started in Flytying - Global FlyFisher
...ou can find better uses for your money. ASSESS YOURSELF: You've tied a few flies and you really want to dig in. OK, you've taken a class and you've ca... ...ce of materials is of utmost importance. Buy a cheap $8 hen's neck for dry flies and the webby feathers wi... ...ymphs, the material quality is less important than materials for a few dry flies. The nymphs should be buggy looking and absorb water nicely. Fortunat... ...e great for nymphs. On the other hand, when tying dry flies, the neck hackle should have good stiff fibre density and be free of webby material. Addit...
63. Shrimp & Spey Flies for Salmon - A Comprehensive Guide for Anglers and Flytyers by Chris Mann and Robert Gillespie - Global FlyFisher
...Shrimp & Spey Flies for Salmon - A Comprehensive Guide for Anglers and Flytyers by Chris Mann and Robert Gillespie - Global FlyFisher First published ... ...es Spey flies Steelhead GFF book review Shrimp & Spey Flies for Salmon - A Comprehensive Guide for Anglers and Flytyers Author: Chris Mann and Robert ... ...eos Author Chris Mann and Robert Gillespie Title Shrimp & Spey Flies for Salmon - A Comprehensive Guide for Anglers and Flytyers Publisher Merlin Unwi... ...20.00 GFF rating: 6 Global Class! The history of the shrimp flies is covered in minute details Reviewed by Martin Joergensen This book is entitled Shr...
64. Headcase Crayfish - Here is my latest articulated streamer that I concocted to represent an adult crayfish. The fly comes in at around 3-3-1/2 inches and is what I would call a moderately weighted pattern that can be fished in a multitude of ways and with a floating or sinking line. So far she has racked up several species including northern pike, brown and rainbow trout, small and large mouth bass and even striped bass in the salt. Seconds for a great juvenile lobster pattern. Currently I tie it in the crayfish orange, olive/blue and tan colors but feel free to experiment.Cast: Richard StrolisTags: crayfish patterns, crayfish fly, juvenile lobster fly, fly fishing, flytying, trout flies, bass flies, pike flies, streamers and articulated streamers - fly fishing video channel - Global FlyFisher
...patterns, crayfish fly, juvenile lobster fly, fly fishing, flytying, trout flies, bass flies, pike flies, streamers and articulated streamers - fly fi... ...patterns, crayfish fly, juvenile lobster fly, fly fishing, flytying, trout flies, bass flies, pike flies, streamers and articulated streamers Originat... ...he rage in the US, at least among tyers of trout flies, was Polish woven nymphs. Fast forward to the dawn of the new century and these articles and fl... ...juvenile lobster fly, fly fishing, flytying, trout flies, bass flies, pike flies, streamers and articulated streamers - fly fishing video channel - Gl...
65. Fill-the-box - I have severely neglected my day-to-day flybox for more than a year. It's time to make up for that neglect. - Global FlyFisher
...blished December 14th 2005 More about: Coastal fishing Fly tying Sea trout flies Fish Better Patterns Fill-the-box I have severely neglected my day-to... ...lect. By Martin Joergensen First two kinds Martin Joergensen Updated . The flies I fish with on a frequent basis are usually a sad sight. I fish the s... ...’t do that. I have seen my good friend Carsten from Bornholm stick all the flies he has fished during a day i... ... flybox. I’ll bet you he has his flies for years... I don't My intention is to tie some or all of the following patterns: Grey Frede Red Tag Danish Pa...
66. Tie Better - Learn to tie better flies - Global FlyFisher
...a flytying kit must only have the tools and materials necessary to tie the flies... ...ill see that many of the Danish saltwater flies -- The Magnus, Bjarke and Grey Frede are prime examples -- have bead chain eyes. These eyes serve two ... ...aze you! Bob's Big Magic Marker Many of the old Scottish Spey and Dee type flies called for materials that are now illegal under numerous state, feder... ...e available, but so expensive that they're not practical to use on fishing flies. Bobs Garage There is a story behind The Garage . Not too long ago my...
67. Tie Better - Learn to tie better flies - Global FlyFisher
...t page of this section... Hairwings & Tubes With this book Hairwing & Tube Flies for Salmon Chris Mann has worked his way through yet another pile of ... ...n lightly dressed Dee and Spey flies with their long and swung back hackles and low riding wings are just soooo fishy! . That's why he finds John Shew... ...e saltwater fly is soooo simple. DIY Epoxy Rotor If you tie a lot of epoxy flies and have been glancing in the direction of the nice but expensive epo... ...own out of some scraps and a disco mirror ball motor. Innovative Saltwater Flies US based master fly tyer Bob Veverka has gathere...
68. The Basic Concept - An introduction to the concept of tube flies and some arguments for using tubes rather than hooks. - Global FlyFisher
...The Basic Concept - An introduction to the concept of tube flies and some arguments for using tubes rather than hooks. - Global FlyFisher First publis... ... flies Tie Better The Basic Concept An introduction to the concept of tube flies and some arguments for using tubes rather than hooks. By Martin Joerg... ... later in the theme. Let's first look at some arguments for using tube flies. Separate hook and fly It can be an advantage to keep the fly and hook se... ...easily transport a load of flies in a small ziplock bag, and keep the hooks separate in a box, a film canister or even small bags if you like. The hoo...
69. Dogma fly framing - Framing flies with few materials and easy methods - Global FlyFisher
... Do it yourself Hot melt glue Gallery Tie Better Dogma fly framing Framing flies with few materials and easy methods By Martin Joergensen My first fra... ...fishers and fly tyers know them: the beautiful frames or shadow boxes with flies, which we see at shows, in shops and on auctions in clubs or charitie... ...rials and glues in order to make the frame and flies last for decades. I will not make a case of compromising on these important matters for “real” fr... ...rames or shadow boxes with everything prepared and room for one or several flies, a fly and a photo or some other constellation. If you acquire such a...
70. The CDC & Elk family - Hans Weilenmann's CDC & Elk is a fly as good as they come. Still a lot of people - including Hans himself - have made variations - Global FlyFisher
... ABOUT SITE MAP SEARCH MORE... Search Cancel More about: Cdc Deer hair Dry flies Patterns Comment The CDC & Elk family... ... fly by Hans himself. We had met a few times, and I had fished some of his flies and tied some of my own, and at one point he sent me a mail with a sh... ...s' signature fly, and is generally acknowledged as a modern classic in dry flies. It has probably been s... ...t below where I try to sum up the many variations in the CDC & Elk family. Flies in this article: Minor variations Colo...