Find it all
Results 31-40, 9136 total, on "rea" (0.43 seconds)
31. Where Reality Collides With Fantasy (Part Two) - People in Alaska say there are two seasons, winter and the visiting season - Global FlyFisher
... Where Reality Collides With Fantasy Part Two - People in Alaska say there are two seasons, winter and the visiting season - Global FlyFisher The Glob... ...ying tools Read/watch list Quick takes Forum Forum Forum section Patterns Fly tying Fly fishing Rod building About GFF Site tools Site tools Search Si... ...Global Touch More about: Destinations, | Salmon | Global | Comment 1 Where Reality Coll... ...Fishing Hole and geared up for the assault on the Homer salmon not that we really needed any more . More important it would give us a chance to see if...
32. Bobbin holders - Most people use a bobbin holder when they tie flies. In spite of being a simple tool there are some pretty advanced models out there. This is a look at the ins and outs of bobbin holders. - Global FlyFisher
...VD reviews Reviews Reviews Review section Books DVDs Gear Rods Tying tools Read/watch list Quick takes Forum Forum Forum section Patterns Fl... ...e spool between the two legs and feed the thread through the tube. You are ready to tie. But in spite of being really simple there's a lot of differen... .... + + + + + + Tube types Martin Joergensen Metal, ceramics, foam One other really critical part of the bobbin holder is the tube and in particular the... ...ld simply be the inside of the metal tube, but for practical reasons it's often lined with an other material. The reason for this is that the tube met...
33. So you wanna tie a BIG fly? - This is not about a pattern called The Big Fly, but some general advice on tying big flies. - Global FlyFisher
...tools Read/watch list Quick takes Forum Forum Forum section Patterns Fly tying Fly fishing Rod building About GFF Site tools Site tools Search Sitemap... ...e deer hair bugs, flies with colossal amounts of fur or really, really long flies of course appear large for the simple reason that they are large. Bu... ...e you're by the water and ready to fish the fly. I will cover some of these issues later. + + + + + + + + Hooks and shanks Martin Joergensen Natural ... ...e they have been in the water and soaked up what they can, they can become really heavy. Choo...
34. Patterns - All the great fly patterns - Global FlyFisher
...art of the Salmon Fly , which GFF partner Martin Joergensen has bought and read. Bow River Bugger Al Grombacher has shared with us one of the most eff... ...cently changed its name from The Copper Camel to The Danish Pastry Fly for reasons that are revealed in the article. I... ...he streamers really caught Bob Petti's eye. Black Funnel This fly is kind of a coincidence. An idea. A fad. But it works. It is a funnel dun, Deveaux,... ...by Buggers , and how well they cast and fish. Real Enough! A bunch of quite realistic flies by a bunch of well known and unknown international tiers. ...
35. Don't tie flies - Just kidding! This is in reality a declaration of love to the art and craft of tying fishing flies with lots of tips for the beginning fly-tyer. - Global FlyFisher
... Don't tie flies - Just kidding! This is in reality a declaration of love to the art and craft of tying fishing flies with lots of tips for the beginn... ...VD reviews Reviews Reviews Review section Books DVDs Gear Rods Tying tools Read/watch list Quick takes Forum Forum Forum section Patterns Fly tying Fl... ... 10th 2014 Just kidding! This is in reality a declaration of love to the art and craft of tying fishing flies with lots of tips for the beginning fly-... ...to spend many great hours alone or with friends. Two main reasons Why would you want to tie flies? Condensed from the above I see two main reasons: 1 ...
36. GFF might have ads! - We're breaking the oath that we have sworn so many times. GFF needs money and might soon start having ads. - Global FlyFisher
...s Gear Rods Tying tools Read/watch list Quick takes Forum Forum Forum section Patterns Fly tying Fly fishing Rod building About GFF Site tools Site to... ...t the Global FlyFisher would never go commercial and start having ads, but reality might just be catching up with us. We have been paying for the host... ...! . We'll see what the reactions are and how both you the readers and potential advertisers react. My hope is that we can entice the industry to find ... ...at we can make somewhere between 10 and 200 USD a month. 200 would be really nice like REALLY! , 10 would mean goodbye to ads right away. It's not wor...
37. Book Reviews - All you ever wanted to read - Global FlyFisher
...Book Reviews - All you ever wanted to read - Global FlyFisher First published before January 1st 2001 - More than 8 years ago This section currently h... ...eck out our video and DVD reviews too What we're reading and watching right now Trout Flies for the 21st Century New Book : As first entry in the new ... ...names like “The $3 Dip”. Click here to read the full review LaFontaines Legacy Book Review : With LaFontaine’s Legacy, Al and Gretchen Beatty close th... ...n themselves to finish what Gary started. Click here to read the full review Fly Fishing and Fly Tying II Book Review : Many people complain that ther...
38. First Day - Bon A(d)venture - Day 1 - 2 days fishing in Bon Aventure - Global FlyFisher
...aiting for me, about 200 meters up the hill at the motel. No wonder he was ready. - Wayne, he said. Let’s head for the Camp. Ga... ...A Nikon D90 was on its way to the small camera shop in Gaspé, but for some reason the camer... ...f 2007-2008. I was paralyzed for a second, but John's voice got me back to reality and we got upstairs to my ... ...er's and hunter's place. We smalltalked as the anglers started joining. No really big catches for th...
39. DeFrank's Grim Reaper Variant - In this fly tying tutorial, I show the steps to tie a fantastic fly for steelhead, known as "DeFrank's Grim Reaper." Originally tied for the Great Lakes region (specifically tributaries of Lake Erie) and the steelhead within, this pattern is useful for a number of species, and is a "go-to" for many fly fishermen. I call this a variant because I have modified this pattern from its original design, which can be found: http://www.defranksflies.com/defranks-grim-reaper/. I believe that both patterns are effective, and challenge you to make any additional modifications to add to the pattern's ability to catch fish. Utilized in this tutorial are the S402BL hooks from Allen Fly Fishing. These are excellent hooks that can easily hold a steelhead, thus ones I recommend for this pattern. Feel free to check out these and more here: http://www.allenflyfishing.com/n212bl-nymph-streamer-2xl-barbless/ Thanks for viewing this fly tying tutorial for DeFrank's Grim Reaper "Variant." Feel free to leave any comments/questions directly on this YouTube page, or email me: firstname.lastname@example.org - fly fishing video channel - Global FlyFisher
... DeFrank's Grim Reaper Variant - In this fly tying tutorial, I show the steps to tie a fantastic fly for steelhead, known as DeFrank's Grim Reaper. Or... ...xl-barbless/ Thanks for viewing this fly tying tutorial for DeFrank's Grim Reap... ...VD reviews Reviews Reviews Review section Books DVDs Gear Rods Tying tools Read/watch list Quick ... ...ghest rated Most views By date A-Z Originators Search About DeFrank's Grim Reaper Variant In this fly...
40. Advanced - Keywords - The words we use - Global FlyFisher
...y thanks to Harry for this well received series of articles. Click here to read the last chapter. Tying Small Flies Get out your magnifying glasse : E... ...iven us a real gem of a book on the art and science of small flies and small fly tying. Bob Petti thinks this is one of those rare books that will sta... ...y fishers and fly tyers. Click here to read Bob's review. C&F tube body tool Extend yourself : The C&F extended tube body tool is more than two darnin... ...be worth looking into. The flies tied with extended bodies can become very realistic and still be simple to tie. Read Henk's review here Bert Quimby C...