Find it all
Results 31-40, 9285 total, on "rea" (1.28 seconds)
31. The strike - Once a fish has taken your fly there's a number of different ways to react. This article will try to help you hook more fish by adapting your strike - Global FlyFisher
...ike - Once a fish has taken your fly there's a number of different ways to react. This article will try to help you hook more fish by adapting your st... ...section Books DVDs Gear Rods Tying tools Read/watch list Quick takes Forum Forum Forum section Patterns Fly tying Fly fishing Rod building About GFF S... ... 2013 Once a fish has taken your fly there's a number of different ways to react. This article will try to help you hook more fish by adapti... ...nsen + + The bent rod Nils Jorgensen There's a number of different ways to react when you see or feel that a fish has taken your fly. Some angler tend...
32. So you wanna tie a BIG fly? - This is not about a pattern called The Big Fly, but some general advice on tying big flies. - Global FlyFisher
...tools Read/watch list Quick takes Forum Forum Forum section Patterns Fly tying Fly fishing Rod building About GFF Site tools Site tools Search Sitemap... ...e deer hair bugs, flies with colossal amounts of fur or really, really long flies of course appear large for the simple reason that they are large. Bu... ...e you're by the water and ready to fish the fly. I will cover some of these issues later. + + + + + + + + Hooks and shanks Martin Joergensen Natural ... ...e they have been in the water and soaked up what they can, they can become really heavy. Choo...
33. Flyfishing for bonefish, tarpon, sharks and much more in the Bahamas - Bahamian Rhapsody II - The gang of four is back - Global FlyFisher
...h night I slept like a baby and each morning I woke up ready for action. This one was no exception. And same thing goes for the beautiful weather. How... ...ng! But someone forgot to tell Cheef about that. So Paul and I were there, ready in front of the house guideless , watching the other duo flying low t... ...y this happens when I get up or when the fish realizes something is pulling it. I think Paul was a little more successful using his secret fly, but fo... ...d my fly! And completely ruined my leader with it’s skin or teeth. I’m not really sure about the cause but the result was changing the whole leader on...
34. Bobbin holders - Most people use a bobbin holder when they tie flies. In spite of being a simple tool there are some pretty advanced models out there. This is a look at the ins and outs of bobbin holders. - Global FlyFisher
...VD reviews Reviews Reviews Review section Books DVDs Gear Rods Tying tools Read/watch list Quick takes Forum Forum Forum section Patterns Fl... ...e spool between the two legs and feed the thread through the tube. You are ready to tie. But in spite of being really simple there's a lot of differen... .... + + + + + + Tube types Martin Joergensen Metal, ceramics, foam One other really critical part of the bobbin holder is the tube and in particular the... ...ld simply be the inside of the metal tube, but for practical reasons it's often lined with an other material. The reason for this is that the tube met...
35. Patterns - All the great fly patterns - Global FlyFisher
...art of the Salmon Fly , which GFF partner Martin Joergensen has bought and read. Beginner's Buzzer A Buzzer is basically an imitat... ...can streamers. Read Bob Petti's article about Mike's beautiful, classical streamer patterns. Black Frede Black version of a Danish classic Black Funne... ...ese salt water arthopods — this time utilizing his family\'s hair brushes! Read the story and find the patterns here. Bullet Head Magnus The Magnus is... ...ver seen anyone tie a fly and noone has ever seen me tie one. I have never read or had any fly tying instructions. Said by Carrie Stevens in a letter ...
36. Where Reality Collides With Fantasy (Part Two) - People in Alaska say there are two seasons, winter and the visiting season - Global FlyFisher
... Where Reality Collides With Fantasy Part Two - People in Alaska say there are two seasons, winter and the visiting season - Global FlyFisher The Glob... ...ying tools Read/watch list Quick takes Forum Forum Forum section Patterns Fly tying Fly fishing Rod building About GFF Site tools Site tools Search Si... ...Global Touch More about: Destinations, | Salmon | Global | Comment 1 Where Reality Coll... ...Fishing Hole and geared up for the assault on the Homer salmon not that we really needed any more . More important it would give us a chance to see if...
37. Patterns - All the great fly patterns - Global FlyFisher
...art of the Salmon Fly , which GFF partner Martin Joergensen has bought and read. Bow River Bugger Al Grombacher has shared with us one of the most eff... ...cently changed its name from The Copper Camel to The Danish Pastry Fly for reasons that are revealed in the article. I... ...he streamers really caught Bob Petti's eye. Black Funnel This fly is kind of a coincidence. An idea. A fad. But it works. It is a funnel dun, Deveaux,... ...by Buggers , and how well they cast and fish. Real Enough! A bunch of quite realistic flies by a bunch of well known and unknown international tiers. ...
38. GFF might have ads! - We're breaking the oath that we have sworn so many times. GFF needs money and might soon start having ads. - Global FlyFisher
...s Gear Rods Tying tools Read/watch list Quick takes Forum Forum Forum section Patterns Fly tying Fly fishing Rod building About GFF Site tools Site to... ...t the Global FlyFisher would never go commercial and start having ads, but reality might just be catching up with us. We have been paying for the host... ...! . We'll see what the reactions are and how both you the readers and potential advertisers react. My hope is that we can entice the industry to find ... ...at we can make somewhere between 10 and 200 USD a month. 200 would be really nice like REALLY! , 10 would mean goodbye to ads right away. It's not wor...
39. Book Reviews - All you ever wanted to read - Global FlyFisher
...Book Reviews - All you ever wanted to read - Global FlyFisher First published before January 1st 2001 - More than 8 years ago This section currently h... ...eck out our video and DVD reviews too What we're reading and watching right now Trout Flies for the 21st Century New Book : As first entry in the new ... ...names like “The $3 Dip”. Click here to read the full review LaFontaines Legacy Book Review : With LaFontaine’s Legacy, Al and Gretchen Beatty close th... ...n themselves to finish what Gary started. Click here to read the full review Fly Fishing and Fly Tying II Book Review : Many people complain that ther...
40. DeFrank's Grim Reaper Variant - In this fly tying tutorial, I show the steps to tie a fantastic fly for steelhead, known as "DeFrank's Grim Reaper." Originally tied for the Great Lakes region (specifically tributaries of Lake Erie) and the steelhead within, this pattern is useful for a number of species, and is a "go-to" for many fly fishermen. I call this a variant because I have modified this pattern from its original design, which can be found: http://www.defranksflies.com/defranks-grim-reaper/. I believe that both patterns are effective, and challenge you to make any additional modifications to add to the pattern's ability to catch fish. Utilized in this tutorial are the S402BL hooks from Allen Fly Fishing. These are excellent hooks that can easily hold a steelhead, thus ones I recommend for this pattern. Feel free to check out these and more here: http://www.allenflyfishing.com/n212bl-nymph-streamer-2xl-barbless/ Thanks for viewing this fly tying tutorial for DeFrank's Grim Reaper "Variant." Feel free to leave any comments/questions directly on this YouTube page, or email me: email@example.com - fly fishing video channel - Global FlyFisher
... DeFrank's Grim Reaper Variant - In this fly tying tutorial, I show the steps to tie a fantastic fly for steelhead, known as DeFrank's Grim Reaper. Or... ...xl-barbless/ Thanks for viewing this fly tying tutorial for DeFrank's Grim Reap... ...VD reviews Reviews Reviews Review section Books DVDs Gear Rods Tying tools Read/watch list Quick ... ...ghest rated Most views By date A-Z Originators Search About DeFrank's Grim Reaper Variant In this fly...