Find it all
Results 11-20, 697 total, on "real enough" (0.20 seconds)
11. The Humpy Dry Fly - Featured in this fly tying tutorial is a pattern that I love to fish, the Humpy dry fly. This is a great attractor fly that trout really seem to love, especially when fishing it in faster currents. I was fortunate enough to have my Uncle John Cammisa tie the pattern on this video, and this is a special treat, being that he has been tying for over half of his life (age 82 in this video!). The tying of this pattern is not the simplest, thus I frequently will "commission" one of my favorite tyers (my Uncle John) for some of these flies. During this tutorial, my uncle goes into great detail and leads you through the required procedures to make the tying of this pattern much easier. To begin the video, I conduct a brief interview of my uncle, which then leads into an examination of a finished Humpy. This is followed by the tutorial, which my uncle concludes the fly for the camera, but still wanted to clean-up the finished product. After he cut away some fibers that were out of place, I took one final picture so all viewers can see what the finished fly looked like. Thanks go out to my uncle for agreeing to tie this pattern; he is a fantastic craftsman and has been one of my greatest fly tying mentors throughout my life. Thank you for viewing this tutorial, and please feel free to leave any comments/questions on this YouTube page, or you can email me: firstname.lastname@example.org - fly fishing video channel - Global FlyFisher
... love to fish, the Humpy dry fly. This is a great attractor fly that trout really seem to love, especially when fishi... ...ng it in faster currents. I was fortunate enough to have my Uncle John Cammisa tie the pattern on this video, and this is a special treat, being that ... ... love to fish, the Humpy dry fly. This is a great attractor fly that trout real... ...em to love, especially when fishing it in faster currents. I was fortunate enough to have my Uncle John Cammisa tie the pattern on this video, and thi...
12. Hoffmans extended mayfly quill body - This way of making an extended body is useful for any extended bodies. Airfilled and transparent if you want. The first one I made was on a hatching caddis, and only becuase I was triggered to do it by the French flytyer Alexandre Bonnet. This is a very easy way to create a realistic body, and the uv flex is durable enough to catch the fish of your dreams on! Tight lines! - fly fishing video channel - Global FlyFisher
...y the French flytyer Alexandre Bonnet. This is a very easy way to create a realistic body, and the uv flex is durable enough to catch the fish of your... ...y the French flytyer Alexandre Bonnet. This is a very easy way to create a realistic body, and the uv... ... flex is durable enough to catch the fish of your dreams on! Tight lines! Originator: Markus Hoffman Submitter: Markus Hoffman Average: Select rating ... ...y the French flytyer Alexandre Bonnet. This is a very easy way to create a realistic body, and the uv flex is d...
13. Barrel Full of Bucktails - Classics and favorites - Global FlyFisher
...of palmered atrocities some of you might call them woolly buggers , and enough other things to fill up half a box with streamers , but not a single bu... ...d need to order more. Geez. Does anyone have enough hooks? Not ever fly is a bucktail, really. Some feature squirrel, and there is at least one with w... ...aforementioned Trolling Flies for Trout and Salmon by Stewart and Leemand. Really nice fly. The original does indeed indicate that the fly has a paint... ...ack central stripe of bucktail is not very visible in the photo above. The real dace has a very prominent black lateral stripe running from the tail t...
14. Real Enough! - Global FlyFisher
...view, legs Nylon mouth POPA caddis Real enough? Renier's shrimp - dorsal view Reniers' gammarus - ventral view Reniers' gammerus Reniers' shrimp Renie... ...l FlyFisher The Global FlyFisher Real Enough! Real Enough! - Global FlyFisher The Global FlyFisher Real Enough! Real Enough! - Global FlyFisher The Gl... ...r, flypatterns, flies, flytying, fishing, angling, fly-fishing, fly-tying, Real Enough! ...
15. Patterns - All the great fly patterns - Global FlyFisher
...ce of mylar tubing. Body can be covered with yarn or floss to add color. A really good fly for cold or unclear water. Fish deep and s... ...that the Crazy Dane is really a Crazy Charlie - a very common salt water fly from the U.S. This type of fly is rarely seen in our part of the world, a... ... Erie Shiner Those of us fortunate enough to live in the Mid-Atlantic states of America's East coast are lucky enough to have at our disposal a free p... ...yers look for new challenges and new sources of inspiritaion. Real Enough! A bunch of quite realistic flies by a bunch of well known and unknown inter...
16. Patterns - All the great fly patterns - Global FlyFisher
...he streamers really caught Bob Petti's eye. Black Funnel This fly is kind of a coincidence. An idea. A fad. But it works. It is a funnel dun, Deveaux,... ...by Buggers , and how well they cast and fish. Real Enough! A bunch of quite realistic flies by a bunch of well known and unknown international tiers. ... ...ations, but they certainly look real and convincing enough to fool both men and fish! Fall Streamers Looking for some juicy streamers to swing in your... ...ut these attractive flies from a streamer swap hosted by Scott Daskiewich. Realistic Flies Realistic flies are not only for the display case. As Steve...
17. Better fishing pictures: Flies - We feature a ton a fly pictures on this site and emphasize good quality in these pictures. This is an article about you can get the best shots of your flies. - Global FlyFisher
...e quality and better controls, but it requires special lenses to get close enough and even then it might someti... ...type of camera, and in some cases actually the best choice. Compacts Oddly enough most modern P&S cameras have surprisingly good macro facili... ...a macro setting, but I still never saw one that actually did the job well. Real macro lenses can go really close. The range is usually expressed as ... ...ider buying used. Older models will do fine and are generally built in a really good quality - mechanically and optically. And don't worry about auto ...
18. Rio Piratos - Where the sabalo grande - the big tarpon - roam - Global FlyFisher
... not many. Kim jumped one really nice fish - about 100 lbs was his own estimate - but after three magnificent leaps it was off. In the mangrove my med... ...did what a tarpon is supposed to do, but was no real fight on a 10 weight. The town festival was at its peak with a market, tivoli, theatre, processio... ...n! This was his third large fish. Kim's belly was a more serious catch - a real sabalo grande, a huge tarpon. He had to press the barb through the ski... ...ater . Even my potent SLR, which shoots five 4-5 frames per second was not enough to enable me to get a tarpon in the air. I have a few, but they are ...
19. Dogma fly framing - Framing flies with few materials and easy methods - Global FlyFisher
...ct for the framer who wants to develop his or her skills. Not museum grade Real frame-makers will build everything from scratch, creating the wooden f... ...cutting later . Tool selection Martin Joergensen Tools Before we start the real process of making a framed fly, there are a few essentials and nice-... ...pacers. For the wood you will need a small, fine-toothed hacksaw or a real miter saw. A convenient alternative is a miter cutting hand shear, which al... ...ave a recipe for rice or wheat starch paste, which I hereby convey for the really enthusiastic and concerned. Starch Paste Recipe Put one tablespoon o...
20. Rising Salar Q&A - The DVD Rising Salar takes a different approach to doing a fishing video and we have talked the the three guys behind it - Global FlyFisher
...ing movies. To add to Roar's comments, I also think we wanted to share the real salmon fever and true happiness we experienced. I think there's an old... ...persons normally appearing in movies - for a good reason! Henrik: I didn't really have a choice Dennis forced me! . ; Henrik: I didn't really have a c... ...ys acting in the beginning of the movie are all colleagues of mine - At my real job . Basically i just asked them... ... Dennis, introduced me to Roar, on our first salmon trip ever. One of the really great things about salmon fishing, is the companionship you experienc...