Find it all
Results 121-130, 2376 total, on "tie wing" (0.57 seconds)
121. Zonker patterns - A small article about patterns using zonker strips - Global FlyFisher
...Fisher The Global FlyFisher - Online Fly Fishing and Fly Tying at its Best Tie Better First published August 1... ...y Home Home Pipeline Themes Blog Hitlist Patterns Patterns Pattern section Tie better Streamers Tying videos Pattern list Fishing Fishing Fishing sect... ...acts Contribute Staff GFF Books Comments Contact Keywords Keywords Zonkers Tie Better Touch More about: Zonkers | Tie Better | Comment ... ...nker theme. Squirrel Zonker This was one of the first small zonkers that I tied and used, and a pattern that dates back a couple of decades , but was ...
122. Spey Flies: How to Tie Them by Bob Veverka - Global FlyFisher
...almon flies Steelhead Salmon Spey flies GFF book review Spey Flies: How to Tie Them Author: Bob Veverka More books and vi... ...deos All books and videos Author Bob Veverka Title Spey Flies: How to Tie Them Publisher Stackpole Books, 2004 ISBN 0-8117-0032-1 Pages 159 Price $39.... ...es. Whether the slender classic dressings with their tented bronze mallard wings, or the bright featherwings of Syd Glasso, spey a... ...seum quality beautiful, yet they have the sleekness and symmetry of a well tied fishing fly. I was not at ...
123. Real Enough! - Global FlyFisher
...Joergensen Lagathu's shrimp Martin Joergensen Some people tie flies that look so real that you expect them to start crawling as soon as they are relea... ...yFisher is one, and Bob Mead - of praying mantis fame - is another. Others tie flies, which are realistic imitations, but not quite to that extent. Ma... ...le as well as fish. This article feature a few patterns of the both types, tied by fly tiers from the whole world. Real enough? Marti... ...ng stonefly on a Dutch Fly Fair that stunned everybody. The fly combined a tied adult emerging from a real shuck. It was almost impossible to see...
124. Mini Streamers - Micro Streamers - Global FlyFisher
...ria was simple; the swap was open for any streamers or bucktails tied on size 12 hooks or smaller. After a few delays by the participants and myself, ... ...ographs by Bob Petti click on thumbnails for full size image Woods Special tied by Clyde Watson Hook: Mustad 79580, #14 Tag: Flat Silver Tinsel... ... Tail: Golden Pheasant Crest Body: Orange Floss Rib: Oval Gold Tinsel Wing: Woodduck Flank Hackle: Grizzly Head: Black Montreal Whore tied by Glenn Se... ...ge Wool Yarn Rib: Silver Mylar Wing: Five strands of red, blue, and white bucktail, mixed, over which is a white marabou feather. Wing should extend n...
125. New Steelhead Tube Fly! - I really love US-opossum as a wing material for my Steelhead flies. Because the hairs are nice an long you can create a big fly... without it being difficult to cast on a light rod. Combining all the stuff I like in just one fly, I think this is a truly amazing design! Tie some of these for you next trip... swing them trough the pool and become a believer yourself! If you like my channel don't forget to subscribe! Music by: Jay-B - fly fishing video channel - Global FlyFisher
... New Steelhead Tube Fly! - I really love US-opossum as a wing material for my Steelhead flies. Because the hairs are nice an long you can create a big... ... the stuff I like in just one fly, I think this is a truly amazing design! Tie some of these for you next trip... swing them trough the pool and becom... ... Home Pipeline Themes Blog Hitlist Store Patterns Patterns Pattern section Tie better Streamers Tying videos Pattern list Fishing Fishing Fishing sect... ... Random Search About New Steelhead Tube Fly! I really love US-opossum as a wing material for my Steelhead flies. Because the hairs ...
126. Imitating Summer Hoppers with Foam - Global FlyFisher
...sie gave me, is one that I can tie readily and with minimal materials. Plus, the darn thing just plain floats well. It looks real and outlasts those p... ...nderbody color. A bright green underbody, like those of some commercially tied hoppers certainly doesn’t match the pale yellow color of the ones I see... ...domen 2. thorax 3. head 4. mouthparts 5. antenna 6. compound eyes 7. front wings 8. hind wings 9. abdominal s... ...rothorax . This plate is important as it protects the hinge portion of the wings. The Body The fore-wings are toughened to form the tegmina while the ...
127. Last Chance Cripple - Last Chance Cripple Hook: Tiemco 102Y #12-19 Thread: Benecchi 12/0, tan Tail: Lemon woodduck barbs Shuck: Ice Dub, ginger Abdomen: Goose biot, dyed tan Thorax: Squirrel, tan Wing: CDC, natural Hackle: Cock, grizzly dyed dark dun Note: The Last Chance Cripple is a generic mayfly cripple pattern. Adjust size and colors to match your local hatch. Pattern/design: Ren? Harrop, Fly: Hans Weilenmann - fly fishing video channel - Global FlyFisher
... Last Chance Cripple - Last Chance Cripple Hook: Tiemco 102Y #12-19 Thread: Benecchi 12/0, tan Tail: Lemon woodduck barbs Shuck: Ice Dub, ginger Abdom... ...n Wing: CDC, natural Hackle: Cock, grizzly dyed dark dun Note: The Last Chance Cripple is a generic mayfly cripple pattern. Adjust size and colors to ... ...og Hitlist Store Patterns Patterns Pattern section Suggest pattern Tie better Streamers Tying videos Pattern list Fishing Fishing Fishing section Repo... ...A-Z Originators Search About Last Chance Cripple Last Chance Cripple Hook: Tiemco 102Y #12-19 Thread: Benecchi 12/0, tan Tail: Lemon woodduck barbs Sh...
128. The Prince and its Derivatives - Global FlyFisher
...rubber legs/white for the biots. They often fold the legs in a v shape and tie in by the tail and the tie one on the top. Some folks sub in red thread... ... give it a bit more of a collar. The rubber legs allow you tie this a bit quicker. One fly sold by Orvis for many years is the Rainbow Prince. This is... ... round rubber legs for the tail and wing, substituting fox fire lite brite for the peacock hurl body. My wife ties this with a black bead in a size 8 ... ...wn dubbing mixed with a green sparkle dub or Lite Brite , the fly is tied on a shrimp or scud hook and the tail is pheasant fibers. The hackle is tied...
129. Global Fly Fisher, Pete's EZ Hopper
...aught on each one. But like many fly tiers I like creating my own designs, much like a cook enjoys creating new recipes: often the ingredients and pro... ...as I wanted. The idea of the wrapped foam body came from a foam Stimulator tied by Bill Hammons of Bakersfield, California. The shape of the foam head... ...f a long slice by scoring the foam with a razor blade. An 8 slice will tie five or six hopper bodies! You can also prepare the foam with a sharp pair ... ...nderwing, but you can use other feathers if you wish, or none at all. Many tiers use Church Window f...
130. Loch Dhu Salmon - A Welsh pattern for salmon in the summer dusk. A salmon fly inspired by the Scottish pattern named after the lake Loch Dhu. - Global FlyFisher
...ensen The Loch Dhu is a Scottish lake loch and this pattern was originally tied as a wet fly and named after that particular lake. The basic pattern i... ... very basic construction, I had to build it with a tag, butt, ribbed body, wing and front hackle. I also wanted this... ...ard, but even though it gave the fly a certain elegance, I wanted a simple tie and to get as close to pure black and whit... ... a short list of only five materials. As salmon flies come - even the hair winged ones -...