Find it all
Results 81-90, 567 total, on "tying leader" (0.53 seconds)
81. Blue River Bad Boys - Back in the late 90's I worked as a part time fly-fishing guide for my friend, and bad ass angler Todd Andersen. We were total tailwater junkies back in the days when the fish were big and you had to have serious skills to even hook up. When Todd decided he wanted to shoot a video to promote his fly shop he called on yours truly. With our amateur film crew in tow we headed off to what was once the mighty Blue river in Silverthorne, Colorado and we slammed trophy fish one after the other. Sadly, the rivers of Colorado were crippled by a drought shortly there after and the rivers still, to this day, have barely recovered. The main food source needed to grow large trout is the small mysis shrimp and they have almost completely vanished. Even though the water levels have recovered, the river flows remain inexplicably erratic and low. I return to Colorado every year to fish and it breaks my heart that what were once great fisheries, are now a scant fraction of what they were. This video proves that with the proper care and the right leadership, our Colorado rivers can be the best in the world. I hope that every fisherman who watches this video is both delighted and infuriated. So, do your part and call the Division of Wildlife, Trout Unlimited and the Colorado Legislators for the mountain communities and demand action! - fly fishing video channel - Global FlyFisher
... what they were. This video proves that with the proper care and the right leadership, our Colorado rivers can be the best in the world. I hope that e... ...Themes Blog Hitlist Patterns Patterns Pattern section Tie better Streamers Tying videos Pattern list Fishing Fishing Fishing section Reports Destinati... ...r's pix Fishy art Wallpapers Slideshows Ecards Videos Videos Video section Tying videos Most viewed Highest rated S... ...gest video DVD reviews Reviews Reviews Review section Books DVDs Gear Rods Tying tools Read/watch list Forum Forum Forum section Patterns Fly tying Fl...
82. Tie your best strike indicators! - Another way of making your own strike indicators - Global FlyFisher
The Global FlyFisher Tie your best strike indicators!Tie your best strike indicators! - Another way of making your own strike indicators - Global
83. Hen Hackle Demystified - Global FlyFisher
...X BLOG KEYWORDS SITE MAP FORUM ABOUT CONTACT US SITE MAP HOME PATTERNS FLY TYING PICTURES VIDEOS RODS STREAMERS FORUM BLOG ABOUT SITE MAP SEARCH MORE.... ...ld be to limit your tying considerably. These all use hen: Adams , Soft Hackled Wooly Bugger , Black Ghost , Teal, Blue, and Silver , Light Caddis , G... ...g undue leader twist. Most hen neck feathers have an obvious web line, which makes the wings more visible in the finished fly. Necks also have a large... ... properly matched, or if they are too stiff, they have a tendency to twist leaders like a corkscrew. However, if some ...
84. Hillbilly Copper John - GFF's version of John Barr's popular nymph pattern the Copper John- and its simpler kin the Copper Joe AKA The Beadhead Brassie - Global FlyFisher
...ar vinyl shell back Thorax Peacock herl Legs Partridge feather Back Expoxy Tying instructions Run the bead over the hook point with the large hole ... ...to the rear Cover the front bit of the hook with tying thread for the bead to fit tightly Whip finish and cut thread Varnish or glue the bead in posit... ... whole thing with tying thread to secure it. Make sure the thread is as even as possible Prepare two goose biots and tie in as tails on each side of t... ...ather Pull shell back and flash forwards and tie down Whip fishing and cut tying thread Cover the shell back and upper body with epoxy Materials Hook ...
85. Book Reviews - All you ever wanted to read - Global FlyFisher
...n Beatty close the book on one of the most creative and innovative fly tying minds we’ve ever known. Gary wanted to publish one more work, capturing t... ...s took it upon themselves to finish what Gary started. Fly Fishing and Fly Tying II Published: 2008-10-14 A couple of months ago Many people compl... ... was chock full of good advice and fresh ideas. Charlie Craven’s Basic Fly Tying Published: 2008-10-11 A couple of months ago Charlie Craven is no str... ...y tying community, so the announcement of his new fly tying book was warmly received. Most of us have seen his online tutorials and could not wait to ...
86. 60 cm rainbow on Tenkara rod. - Catching a 60 centimeter or 24" rainbow trout In New Zealand, North Island, February 2011 using a Tenkara rod with leader tippet 2 times the rod length. - fly fishing video channel - Global FlyFisher
...trout In New Zealand, North Island, February 2011 using a Tenkara rod with leader + tippet 2 times the rod length. - fly fish... ...line Themes Hitlist Patterns Patterns Pattern section Tie better Streamers Tying videos Pattern list Fishing Fishing Fishing section Reports D... ...r's pix Fishy art Wallpapers Slideshows Ecards Videos Videos Video section Tying videos Most viewe... ...gest video DVD reviews Reviews Reviews Review section Books DVDs Gear Rods Tying tools Read/watch list Forum Forum Forum section Patterns Fly tying Fl...
87. Tying nymphs in the Czech style - Get down with it! - Global FlyFisher
... First published January 24th 2004 More about: Nymphs Tying nymphs in the Czech style Get down with it! By Bob Petti Does anyone remember the early to... ...rom tying one too many overhand knots. The goal? A nymph that was a heavy, b slim, c had a segmented look, and d had an interesting dorsal/ventral col... ...y popular in match fishing competitions where no weight was allowed on the leader. Combine the no-split-shot rule and the swift currents common in tha... ...ip of adhesive backed lead about 1/16th inch wide and about 3 inches long. TYING TIP: Visit your local golf pro shop for a lifetime supply of adhesive...
88. Chasing Gold - Stillwater fishing for Golden Dorado - Global FlyFisher
...X BLOG KEYWORDS SITE MAP FORUM ABOUT CONTACT US SITE MAP HOME PATTERNS FLY TYING PICTURES VIDEOS RODS STREAMERS FORUM BLOG ABOUT SITE M... ... ancient #4–6 two piece rod. Floating lines, knotted homemade leaders and 5 kilo or 10 lbs. bite tippet. Should be all right, we hoped, to get some sm... ... bigger than those before, slightly, but somehow, bigger. 0.35 millimeters leader and a 5 kilo or 10 lbs. bite tippet. Jerk which you are, how you dar... ...released this Dorado and started wondering: we just had our fragile leaders and small flies, circumstances we didn't like, but both of us already tran...
89. August Dun (DryFly) - Tying an August Dun (DryFly) by Davie McPhail. - fly fishing video channel - Global FlyFisher
... August Dun DryFly - Tying an August Dun DryFly by Davie McPhail. - fly fishing video channel - Global FlyFisher HOME PATTERNS STREAMERS TIE BETTER FI... ...X BLOG KEYWORDS SITE MAP FORUM ABOUT CONTACT US SITE MAP HOME PATTERNS FLY TYING PICTURES VIDEOS RODS STREAMERS FORUM BLOG ABOUT SITE MAP SEA... ...RE... Search Cancel Comment August Dun DryFly Primary links GFF videos Fly tying Add video Highest rated Most viewed Alphabetical All videos About GFF... ... Source - Making of Watch The Source - Making of here. | More videos | Fly tying | All videos | By originato...
90. Salmon King of the Sea - Global FlyFisher
...By Martin Bowers Chinook Intro Finding the fish Anchoring Rods Reels Lines Leaders Stripping Basket... ...t to be. I prefer to anchor by tying directly to the kelp using a clove hitch. This knot holds well yet is quick to untie in the event you want to cha... ...cking. Leaders Leader length is always up for debate. I favor a longish leader of 9 feet or more because a longer leader offers more shock absorption,... ...shy fish. Other writers feel that long leaders are essential, and yet others feel short leaders are adequate with sinking lines. Since depth control i...