Find it all
Results 111-120, 2688 total, on "wf line" (0.20 seconds)
"wf", is too short a word and was ignored.
111. Headcase Crayfish - Here is my latest articulated streamer that I concocted to represent an adult crayfish. The fly comes in at around 3-3-1/2 inches and is what I would call a moderately weighted pattern that can be fished in a multitude of ways and with a floating or sinking line. So far she has racked up several species including northern pike, brown and rainbow trout, small and large mouth bass and even striped bass in the salt. Seconds for a great juvenile lobster pattern. Currently I tie it in the crayfish orange, olive/blue and tan colors but feel free to experiment.Cast: Richard StrolisTags: crayfish patterns, crayfish fly, juvenile lobster fly, fly fishing, flytying, trout flies, bass flies, pike flies, streamers and articulated streamers - fly fishing video channel - Global FlyFisher
...n that can be fished in a multitude of ways and with a floating or sinking line. So far she has racked up several species including northern pike, bro... ...n that can be fished in a multitude of ways and with a floating or sinking line. So far she has racked up several species including northern pike, bro... ...bal FlyFisher A few random articles for your entertainment Fly Line Blues Once in a while Martin needs a different line than the one, which he has bee... ...ine stash. That makes him think about the crazy prices on fly lines and ways to buy lines cheaper and organize them better. October 20th 2010 Czech ny...
112. Tackle, rod, reel, line - Danish inshore fishing - - Global FlyFisher
...e January 1st 2001 More about: Denmark Tackle Sea trout Tackle, rod, reel, line Danish inshore fishing By Martin Joergensen Previous page Winter Next ... ...l Most Danes fish 7-8 wt. rods and lines. And most use a weight forward floating WF-F line or a shooting head. Expect that fairly long casts under dif... ...resentation rarely is. Line is mostly floating Weight Forward The preferred line is a floating weight forward, but sink tips can come in handy, especi... ...se shooting heads which offer the best combination of casting distance and line flexibility. Short leaders will work Leaders are normally short -...
113. Breaking the LAW - My trusty Lawrence Waldron reel just had a major breakdown. It worked just as perfectly as before, but it was silent! - Global FlyFisher
... reel that could take a WF 7 line and ample backing. “Yes, but what size is that? In millimeters? Diameter and width...?” What? I was somewhat befuddl... ...r axle, that gave me more than enough room for a bonefish 9 weight line and several hundred yards of backing, but I haven't regretted my choice since.... ...te different. My LAW reel weighs in at 218 grams or 7.7 ounces with a full line and about 250 yards of backing. An Abel anti reverse r... ...el close to 4 inches in diameter is 9.4 ounces or almost 270 grams without line. It's larger than my LAW, but also much heavier. If you select lighter...
114. A show novelty: Assembly line flytying. Every single tyer does one or a few steps in a salmon fly. (picture) - The assembly line - The assembly line - Global FlyFisher
...k&Haneke Tomaz' story Martin's story All pictures A show novelty: Assembly line flytying. Every single tyer does one or a few steps in a salmon fly. p... ...he assembly line - Global FlyFisher Danish Fly Festival 2001... and much more The assembly line A show novelty: Assembly line flytying. Every single t... ... use this form A show novelty: Assembly line flytying. Every single tyer does one or a few steps in a salmon fly. (picture) - The assembly line - The ... ...isher Danish Fly Festival 2001... and much more A show novelty: Assembly line flytying. Every single tyer does one or a few steps in a salmon fly. (pi...
115. Flyfishing with a float - It's possible to fish a fly without a flyrod. You just need a bobber, a bubble, a float, a bombarda, a sbirolino, a buldo or whatever you want to call it... and a spinning rod. - Global FlyFisher
... even be easier to control than a fly on a fly line because of the lack of drag in the line. The stream fishing with floats isn't that uncommon, and i... ...ce. Loose float The float has to be of the type where the line runs through a tube in the center. This allows it to slide up the line when the fish ta... ... a friend of mine used to use a complicated construction with monofilament line, a piece of intermediate fly line and a thin leader with split shot in... ... casting float. Rigging Martin Joergensen Rigging You will need some loose line for the leade...
116. Global Fly Fisher, Norm Crisp AKA The Wiz, Stream side strategies: three ways of improving your fly line control
...Staff Fish better Stream side strategies: Three ways of improving your fly line control Line control is much more than mending By Norm Crisp Illustrat... ... line control to the majority of fly fisherman the very first thing they think of is mending their line to get a perfect drift. We spend a great deal ... ... What good does that drift do if poor line control keeps us from setting the hook or landing a fish? I see more fish lost because of a line control pr... ...common line control problems and their solutions. Tip no. 1: Avoid the stray hand A Schweitzer/Joergensen Publication Copyright 1994 - 1999. Global Fl...
117. Casting That Fly 1/2 - Basics/Advanced - Niels Vestergaard - video/DVD review - Global FlyFisher
...ents GFF on Facebook Store Advertize Contact Keywords Keywords Casting Fly lines Shooting Heads Reviews Videos Touch More about: Casting | Fly lines |... ... first DVD starts off really at the beginning, by spooling backing and fly line on a reel and assembling the rod and feeding the line through the guid... ... flour, fat and heat and the sauce thickens. For the fly caster it's short line, short stroke, longer line longer stroke and not learning it by being ... ...s I said very basic and covers the principles and the roll cast picking up line and the classic overhead cast. The second one intro...
118. Leaders&Tippets Q&A - Global FlyFisher
...ause the knot will weaken the line. If untying is not feasible, trim down the leader or tippet and use it shorter - or retie the removed section with ... ...ebate. Some argue that wind knots should always be untied. They weaken the line considerably. Some will say that the untying will possibly weaken the ... ...o hooks can also be used to open really tight loops. Remember to check the line for nicks and bruises with your fingers and lips when the knot is gon... ...ders are compound leaders made with a core and a coating - much like a fly line. They are available in many lengths, tapers and densities and are usua...
119. Jock Scott - Some might consider it a bit mad or even crazy, but when Niels Have ties full dressed, classic Jock Scotts, he ties them by the dozen... and then he fishes with them! - Global FlyFisher
... Norway this year. I will be fishing with my Hexagraph rods using floating lines with sinktips and small traditional flies. The most catching salmon ... ...k describes the advantages of a large versus a wide arbor. Fly line tapers and replacement of the tip of fly lines? Hmm! Shooting heads? You guessed i... ...ke to see a fly fisherman with a greenheart wooden rod lay out 65 yards of line across the river without shooting an inch of line? Niels continues his... ...ous for his fantastic switch casts. Grant was of the opinion that shooting line was as close as a fly-angler could come to spin fishing, and routinely...
120. Fly fishing for sharks in South Africa - Sharks! Radical reef fly fishing. - A shark odyssey. - Global FlyFisher
The Global FlyFisher Fly fishing for sharks in South Africa - Sharks! Radical reef fly fishing. Fly fishing for sharks in South Africa - Sharks!