Find it all
Results 131-140, 2621 total, on "wf line" (3.54 seconds)
"wf", is too short a word and was ignored.
131. Fly Reel Blues - I have always wondered about fly reels. On one hand many anglers describe them as simple line containers. On the other hand most fly reels cost an arm and a leg. - Global FlyFisher
...wondered about fly reels. On one hand many anglers describe them as simple line containers. On the other hand most fly reels cost an arm and a leg. - ... ...wondered about fly reels. On one hand many anglers describe them as simple line containers. On the other hand most fly reels cost an arm and a leg. B... ...hopping with a spin fishing friend of mine. He was looking at a top-of-the line spanking brand new model... ..., which seems absolutely nice. Neat and modern design, four ball bearings, line guide, magnetic brake and whatnot. Judging from the drawing it consist...
132. Common casting errors - Three common errors, their reasons, and the ways to get rid of them - Global FlyFisher
...e too shy to stand on a lawn or at the bank of a canal or pond and throw a line for the sake of practice. Better here than by the fishing water. While... ...the stroke. The rod tip undercuts the plane in which it ought to move. The line will follow the rod tip, therefore the line follows the upw... ...a result a tailing loop is formed and the fly will probably hang up on the line/leader or socalled 'wind knots' will appear on the leader. Too much po... ...asting direction Reason: no pause in cast Cure: wait for the line Timing means to give the line enough time to roll out and straighten. If you cast fo...
133. The Merrimack River - A portrait of a river - Global FlyFisher
... effective retrieve, when all that happens is your line touches the water then suddenly becomes part of the jetty your are standing on. Specifically a... ...line. This will allow them to be presented two to three feet into the water column and strike zone. Fish them slowly as if crippled, simply because wo... ...e a resting place for their feeding binges. Having more than one line type inside your gear bag is the best bet. I infrequently use a floating line. I... ...ayers of the water column. I like to present my flies with an intermediate line initially, and when current, depth, light condit...
134. Asp Parade - The Tricks of Catching Asp - Global FlyFisher
...t, fast or ultra-fast, a large arbor reel and a relatively long-bellied WF line, bo... ...pick the best suiting their hands and wallets. As for lines, however, you will need to have at least one WF7F and one WF7 Intermediate – the latter to... ...ser to the bottom – although my friend Levente prefers sink tip or wet tip lines even in summertime. Waterfall Vilmos Varga Shooting heads For really ... ...to employ a shooting head system comprising of a running line of various possible materials, colours, and profiles and a floating, intermediate, slow ...
135. Small Fry: The Lure of the Little - Chapter 2: Presenting Brookus bassa; The Smallmouth - Global FlyFisher
The Global FlyFisher Small Fry: The Lure of the LittleSmall Fry: The Lure of the Little - Chapter 2: Presenting Brookus bassa; The Smallmouth -
136. Niels' flies - If you thought that silk lines, split cane rods and full dressed salmon flies was something people used a century ago, you may want to read this article. - Global FlyFisher
The Global FlyFisher Niels' fliesNiels' flies - If you thought that silk lines, split cane rods and full dressed salmon flies was something people
137. Flatland Fly Fisherman - Transition - A short film combining many days that I should have been in class with hours I could have been studying. Fly fishing and film/photography are some of my passions and I figured I could put something together to document the beauty of the Kansas River, beyond the tires and car batteries. If you like it, thank you. No matter what I'll be heading back down to the river as soon as this is posted. Follow me on Twitter/Instagram/Tumblr for similar goodies. Tight lines friends. - fly fishing video channel - Global FlyFisher
...s posted. Follow me on Twitter/Instagram/Tumblr for similar goodies. Tight lines friends. - fly fishing video channel - Global FlyFisher The Global Fl... ...gram/Tumblr for similar goodies. Tight lines friends. Originator: FlatlandFlyFisherman Submitter: Martin Joergensen Average: Select rating Poor Okay G... ...hat photograph that he vowed to raise the bar. February 21st 2012 Shooting lines Shooting lines are used with shooti... ...rs. This article tries to cover the different types of shooting or running lines available on the mar...
138. Aux Outardes River Pike - There is no end to the number of great new fishing spots in Quebec's Aux Outardes River. The cold clear water offers fantastic trophy pike fishing. - Global FlyFisher
...Gatti #3 anti reverse large arbor fly reel or the STH Turbine Disc LA. Fly lines There are many types of fly line makers and all are g... ...ood for the job. The type that I prefer is rocket tapered lines in floating, intermediate and sink tip lines. For deeper holding pike sinking lines ty... ...choice is an intermediate line for wet flies and WF floating lines for surface action flies. Leaders & Tippets Pike have lots of razor sharp teeth and... ...es. The length of the leader should be around 8 to 10 feet on the floating lines for surface flies and around 7 to 9 feet on sinking flies or lines....
139. 2K 5! - Suddenly, boom! And we passed the 2000 entries mark in our article database! - Global FlyFisher
... have been sent over the years. LineCentral When I first wrote about shooting heads, it brought quite a bit of attention. The talk about rods, lines, ... ...s, grams and ounces were flying. People were in general very occupied with line setups and optimizing their gear using THE rod and THE line. I have pe... ...place where you can let the world know how you set up your rod and line? Let the users enter rod models and line details, so that others with the same... ...d the development of LineCentral. LineCentral Martin Joergensen But I soon realized that registering details about rods and lines demanded a very intr...
140. Global Fly Fisher, Bahamas bonefish, "Trust me Mon!", Part 3
...etty to be effective but before you go, be confident that you can handle a line quickly, accurately and with co... ...rod and leader in those measurements. Ok, a full line shot might get you a second or maybe a third chance at a fish. However, in the wind, the chances... ...hing he wants to do is spook it. So, learn to double haul to increase your line speed and tighten your casting loop to cut the wind. It helps if ... ... the equipment required is refreshingly simple. The wind will dictate your line weight not the fish. 7's, 8's and 9's I suspect would be the sensible ...