Find it all
Results 131-140, 2628 total, on "wf line" (0.21 seconds)
"wf", is too short a word and was ignored.
131. The Merrimack River - A portrait of a river - Global FlyFisher
... effective retrieve, when all that happens is your line touches the water then suddenly becomes part of the jetty your are standing on. Specifically a... ...line. This will allow them to be presented two to three feet into the water column and strike zone. Fish them slowly as if crippled, simply because wo... ...e a resting place for their feeding binges. Having more than one line type inside your gear bag is the best bet. I infrequently use a floating line. I... ...ayers of the water column. I like to present my flies with an intermediate line initially, and when current, depth, light condit...
132. Global Fly Fisher, Norm Crisp AKA The Wiz, Stream side strategies: three ways of improving your fly line control
... Home Staff Fish better Third way of improving your fly line control AVOID THE LINE LOOP Not keeping up with the current. We are obsessed with prevent... ...st us. I see more people who either don't strip in any line as their fly floats back toward them or, at best, strip it in too slowly. When asked why ,... ...ly. The result is a loop of line below their rod tip and they can't make contact with a fish before it is to late. Don't worry about stripping to fast... ...n adjustments for current changes during the drift. Fly line control Over again: Three ways of improving A Schweitzer/Joergensen Publication Copyright...
133. Common casting errors - Three common errors, their reasons, and the ways to get rid of them - Global FlyFisher
...e too shy to stand on a lawn or at the bank of a canal or pond and throw a line for the sake of practice. Better here than by the fishing water. While... ...the stroke. The rod tip undercuts the plane in which it ought to move. The line will follow the rod tip, therefore the line follows the upw... ...a result a tailing loop is formed and the fly will probably hang up on the line/leader or socalled 'wind knots' will appear on the leader. Too much po... ...asting direction Reason: no pause in cast Cure: wait for the line Timing means to give the line enough time to roll out and straighten. If you cast fo...
134. Asp Parade - The Tricks of Catching Asp - Global FlyFisher
...t, fast or ultra-fast, a large arbor reel and a relatively long-bellied WF line, bo... ...pick the best suiting their hands and wallets. As for lines, however, you will need to have at least one WF7F and one WF7 Intermediate – the latter to... ...ser to the bottom – although my friend Levente prefers sink tip or wet tip lines even in summertime. Waterfall Vilmos Varga Shooting heads For really ... ...to employ a shooting head system comprising of a running line of various possible materials, colours, and profiles and a floating, intermediate, slow ...
135. Small Fry: The Lure of the Little - Chapter 2: Presenting Brookus bassa; The Smallmouth - Global FlyFisher
The Global FlyFisher Small Fry: The Lure of the LittleSmall Fry: The Lure of the Little - Chapter 2: Presenting Brookus bassa; The Smallmouth -
136. Flatland Fly Fisherman - Transition - A short film combining many days that I should have been in class with hours I could have been studying. Fly fishing and film/photography are some of my passions and I figured I could put something together to document the beauty of the Kansas River, beyond the tires and car batteries. If you like it, thank you. No matter what I'll be heading back down to the river as soon as this is posted. Follow me on Twitter/Instagram/Tumblr for similar goodies. Tight lines friends. - fly fishing video channel - Global FlyFisher
...s posted. Follow me on Twitter/Instagram/Tumblr for similar goodies. Tight lines friends. - fly fishing video channel - Global FlyFisher The Global Fl... ...gram/Tumblr for similar goodies. Tight lines friends. Originator: FlatlandFlyFisherman Submitter: Martin Joergensen Average: Select rating Poor Okay G... ...hat photograph that he vowed to raise the bar. February 21st 2012 Shooting lines Shooting lines are used with shooti... ...rs. This article tries to cover the different types of shooting or running lines available on the mar...
137. Aux Outardes River Pike - There is no end to the number of great new fishing spots in Quebec's Aux Outardes River. The cold clear water offers fantastic trophy pike fishing. - Global FlyFisher
...Gatti #3 anti reverse large arbor fly reel or the STH Turbine Disc LA. Fly lines There are many types of fly line makers and all are g... ...ood for the job. The type that I prefer is rocket tapered lines in floating, intermediate and sink tip lines. For deeper holding pike sinking lines ty... ...choice is an intermediate line for wet flies and WF floating lines for surface action flies. Leaders & Tippets Pike have lots of razor sharp teeth and... ...es. The length of the leader should be around 8 to 10 feet on the floating lines for surface flies and around 7 to 9 feet on sinking flies or lines....
138. Balance beam - A DIY weighing scale for fly-lines and shooting heads - Global FlyFisher
...FlyFisher First published October 26th 2007 More about: Do it yourself Fly lines Shooting heads Fish Better Balance bea... ...of poly bag to hold the line I am weighing as I do to hold the machine nuts. This is really over-fussy, but it works. Know your lines Do you have a co... ...he line supported and level with the coil while you are weighing, so that it doesn't influence the weight of the 30 foot coil. Again Martin's table gi... ...e If you measure a lot of lines, it might be an useful to find a straight piece of kerb or wall outside, unless your wife is very understanding and ma...
139. Olive Woolly Bugger - Here's another addition to our beginners series, the Woolly Bugger. This is one of the first flies I learned to tie and learned to fish successfully. I use a couple of products in this video from Whiting Hackles that has really made this fly easier to tie with better results. We carry a full line of Whiting products here at http://holsingersflyshop.com. Please subscribe to our YouTube channel and like us on Facebook. - fly fishing video channel - Global FlyFisher
...as really made this fly easier to tie with better results. We carry a full line of Whiting products here at http://holsingersflyshop.com. Please subsc... ...l line of Whiting products here at http://holsingersflyshop.com . Please subscribe to our YouTube channel and like us on Facebook. Originator: Shawn H... ...ous fishing with a large number of fish caught. October 30th 2006 Shooting lines Shooting lines are used with shooting heads and the setup is very ... ...rs. This article tries to cover the different types of shooting or running lines available on the market and talk about their good a...
140. 2K 5! - Suddenly, boom! And we passed the 2000 entries mark in our article database! - Global FlyFisher
... have been sent over the years. LineCentral When I first wrote about shooting heads, it brought quite a bit of attention. The talk about rods, lines, ... ...s, grams and ounces were flying. People were in general very occupied with line setups and optimizing their gear using THE rod and THE line. I have pe... ...place where you can let the world know how you set up your rod and line? Let the users enter rod models and line details, so that others with the same... ...d the development of LineCentral. LineCentral Martin Joergensen But I soon realized that registering details about rods and lines demanded a very intr...