Find it all
Results 131-140, 2675 total, on "wf line" (0.17 seconds)
"wf", is too short a word and was ignored.
131. The Merrimack River - A portrait of a river - Global FlyFisher
... effective retrieve, when all that happens is your line touches the water then suddenly becomes part of the jetty your are standing on. Specifically a... ...line. This will allow them to be presented two to three feet into the water column and strike zone. Fish them slowly as if crippled, simply because wo... ...e a resting place for their feeding binges. Having more than one line type inside your gear bag is the best bet. I infrequently use a floating line. I... ...ayers of the water column. I like to present my flies with an intermediate line initially, and when current, depth, light condit...
132. Fly Reel Blues - I have always wondered about fly reels. On one hand many anglers describe them as simple line containers. On the other hand most fly reels cost an arm and a leg. - Global FlyFisher
...wondered about fly reels. On one hand many anglers describe them as simple line containers. On the other hand most fly reels cost an arm and a leg. - ... ...wondered about fly reels. On one hand many anglers describe them as simple line containers. On the other hand most fly reels cost an arm and a leg. B... ...hopping with a spin fishing friend of mine. He was looking at a top-of-the line spanking brand new model... ..., which seems absolutely nice. Neat and modern design, four ball bearings, line guide, magnetic brake and whatnot. Judging from the drawing it consist...
133. 10 easy ways to break a rod - ...or how to avoid it - Global FlyFisher
...ep under the middle arch of the bridge? It requires a narrow loop and good line sp... ... Especially with large, weighted flies. Always pull on the line and never with the rod. The line may cut your fingers and even more so if your hands a... ...slip the line under your foot so that if the fly comes loose, it doesn't shoot straight at you. Warn people in your vicinity. Fly line and mono have u... ... pulled and pulled and finally the line gave way, shooting a split shot straight against my thumb. It turned blue and eventually shed the nail... I gu...
134. Common casting errors - Three common errors, their reasons, and the ways to get rid of them - Global FlyFisher
...e too shy to stand on a lawn or at the bank of a canal or pond and throw a line for the sake of practice. Better here than by the fishing water. While... ...the stroke. The rod tip undercuts the plane in which it ought to move. The line will follow the rod tip, therefore the line follows the upw... ...a result a tailing loop is formed and the fly will probably hang up on the line/leader or socalled 'wind knots' will appear on the leader. Too much po... ...asting direction Reason: no pause in cast Cure: wait for the line Timing means to give the line enough time to roll out and straighten. If you cast fo...
135. Salmon King of the Sea - Global FlyFisher
...e Sea By Martin Bowers Chinook Intro Finding the fish Anchoring Rods Reels Lines Leaders Stripping Basket... ... and then fifty yards of backing leave the reel before the fish stops. The line slackens and moves to the surface. If I'm lucky, t... ...lip on the anchor rope so you can attach a float and return for the anchor line later. This is essential when anchoring to the bottom. Rods The chinoo... ...are essential, and yet others feel short leaders are adequate with sinking lines. Since depth control is not crucial, and the fish are rare enough tha...
136. Olive Woolly Bugger - Here's another addition to our beginners series, the Woolly Bugger. This is one of the first flies I learned to tie and learned to fish successfully. I use a couple of products in this video from Whiting Hackles that has really made this fly easier to tie with better results. We carry a full line of Whiting products here at http://holsingersflyshop.com. Please subscribe to our YouTube channel and like us on Facebook. - fly fishing video channel - Global FlyFisher
...as really made this fly easier to tie with better results. We carry a full line of Whiting products here at http://holsingersflyshop.com. Please subsc... ...l line of Whiting products here at http://holsingersflyshop.com . Please subscribe to our YouTube channel and like us on Facebook. Originator: Shawn H... ...ous fishing with a large number of fish caught. October 30th 2006 Shooting lines Shooting lines are used with shooting heads and the setup is very ... ...rs. This article tries to cover the different types of shooting or running lines available on the market and talk about their good a...
137. Balance beam - A DIY weighing scale for fly-lines and shooting heads - Global FlyFisher
...FlyFisher First published October 26th 2007 More about: Do it yourself Fly lines Shooting heads Fish Better Balance bea... ...of poly bag to hold the line I am weighing as I do to hold the machine nuts. This is really over-fussy, but it works. Know your lines Do you have a co... ...he line supported and level with the coil while you are weighing, so that it doesn't influence the weight of the 30 foot coil. Again Martin's table gi... ...e If you measure a lot of lines, it might be an useful to find a straight piece of kerb or wall outside, unless your wife is very understanding and ma...
138. 2K 5! - Suddenly, boom! And we passed the 2000 entries mark in our article database! - Global FlyFisher
... have been sent over the years. LineCentral When I first wrote about shooting heads, it brought quite a bit of attention. The talk about rods, lines, ... ...s, grams and ounces were flying. People were in general very occupied with line setups and optimizing their gear using THE rod and THE line. I have pe... ...place where you can let the world know how you set up your rod and line? Let the users enter rod models and line details, so that others with the same... ...d the development of LineCentral. LineCentral Martin Joergensen But I soon realized that registering details about rods and lines demanded a very intr...
139. Aux Outardes River Pike - There is no end to the number of great new fishing spots in Quebec's Aux Outardes River. The cold clear water offers fantastic trophy pike fishing. - Global FlyFisher
...Gatti #3 anti reverse large arbor fly reel or the STH Turbine Disc LA. Fly lines There are many types of fly line makers and all are g... ...ood for the job. The type that I prefer is rocket tapered lines in floating, intermediate and sink tip lines. For deeper holding pike sinking lines ty... ...choice is an intermediate line for wet flies and WF floating lines for surface action flies. Leaders & Tippets Pike have lots of razor sharp teeth and... ...es. The length of the leader should be around 8 to 10 feet on the floating lines for surface flies and around 7 to 9 feet on sinking flies or lines....
140. Small Fry: The Lure of the Little - Chapter 2: Presenting Brookus bassa; The Smallmouth - Global FlyFisher
The Global FlyFisher Small Fry: The Lure of the LittleSmall Fry: The Lure of the Little - Chapter 2: Presenting Brookus bassa; The Smallmouth -