Find it all
Results 141-150, 2413 total, on "wf line" (0.60 seconds)
"wf", is too short a word and was ignored.
141. Lake fishing in Sweden - A short story and a few selected pictures from a summer trip to some beautiful Swedish fishing lakes. - Global FlyFisher
...h smaller imitations is fishing with large buggers in the depth. A sinking line and a weighted Zonker , Woolly Bugger , Montana Nymph or a similar fly... ...r, but before going back there I simply rigged a heavy fly on the floating line. Fate would have it that I had some... ..., cast it out and let it sink, piling some loose line in front of the pontoon boat, and started rowing. As soon as the fly line stretched and the fly ... ...my first rainbow of the week, and cast out the fly again, added some slack line and took a few takes with the oars and bam! Fish again! I had accident...
142. Another Year of the Giants - My annual report from Iceland for the 2010 season was - Global FlyFisher
...ar to get the line wet between the ice floating in the river. I know a few spots where the few salmon in the river might be on the way back to the sea... ...74 centimeters or 29 inches, which was a nice fat female fish. I broke the line on a fish around 4 kilos or 8 lbs. But it's difficult the land these b... ...ent absolutely crazy. We had to follow him in order to keep control of the line. But he turned out only to be 88 centimeters or 35 inches, but this wa... ...and scan the pool. There were salmon laying all the way down the pool in a line along the opposite bank. I went all the way down the cliff, went to th...
143. Tackle - Keywords - The words we use - Global FlyFisher
...your knees, casting to a small spot fifteen or twenty feet away. Float the line behind you and then flick the line foward. Man, I love this rod for th... ...o cover some advantages and disadvantages of the shooting head over the WF line, and I will thoroughly describe the way you can configure a g... ...strong and on top of that said that they were able to maintain 100% of the line strength. I really have my doubt if that will hold for all types and t... ...sists of two loops - a large one on the backing and a small one on the fly line. Making a loop directly on a fly line Rigging : This is a way of makin...
144. Gearing for tropical fishing, Belize it! - Global FlyFisher
...ves will not only keep them protected, but also ensure that the salted fly line does not cut into your we... ...Longer rods will probably tire you in the wind. The lines are floating WF's and make sure to get lines specialized for tropical salt. Lines for more t... ...ry limp and even sticky. I used Rio's Bonefish lines and was very pleased. Most reels with a good brake will work. And you will need the brake! These ... ...s should certainly be fluorocarbon, as this lightly sinking and very clear line will disturb the finicky fish as little as possible. 0.30 and 0.28 mil...
145. I would have loved to see a spool that allowed removal of the spooled line for compact line storage. (picture) - The construction - A neat tool for rinsing, spooling and general handling of fly lines and backing. - Global FlyFisher
...tion I would have loved to see a spool that allowed removal of the spooled line for compact line storage. Photo/illustration: Martin Joergensen 2005 W... ...emoval of the spooled line for compact line storage. (picture) - The construction - A neat tool for rinsing, spooling and general handling of fly line... ...oler I would have loved to see a spool that allowed removal of the spooled line for compact line storage. (picture) - The construction - A neat tool f... ...ndling of fly lines and backing. - Global FlyFisher The Global FlyFisher Smart Spooler I would have loved to see a spool that allowed removal of the s...
146. 10 ways to improve your bonefishing - A few pieces of advice that might bring you nearer the bonefishing Nirvana - Global FlyFisher
...vana By Martin Joergensen Gearing up Martin Joergensen Gear up right Get a line designed for the purpose. The tropics are hot—real hot—and... ...a normal line will become very soft and limp. Equip a proper warmwater line with a polyleader, a tapered mono leader or a knotted ditto, but just make... ...shiest flies. I haven't heard anybody go crazy over the ghost tip lines, but they might work better than standard lines. A full floater seems the safe... ...intermediate line, a sink tip or just arm yourself with some sinking polyleaders. Depending on the size of fish you expect to encounter, select a line...
147. Dicentrarchus labrax - The European sea bass is a worthy target for fly-fishers, and in spite of being a lot less common than its American kin the striped bass, it's quite common along the North Sea and Atlantic coasts in Europe. - Global FlyFisher
...ite or all plastic reel can work just as well as a high end bonefish reel. Lines are probably the most important assets in your arsenal. It's importan... ...ys done in tidal movement you will need a sinking line. Fishing the Dutch harbor area, the best all round fly line would be a di3 sinking line. Other ... ...rom the belly boat close to the jetties and piers you will need heavy sink lines to get the fly immediately down between the rocks before it i... ...tom. + + + + + + + + More bass Brian Elward At the business end of the fly line there is the leader and fly. For a leader a 15 to 20 pound 0.40-0.45mm...
148. Fly fishing - Fly fishing is so exciting! This was my dad's second time fly fishing. We practiced casting, presentation, setting the hook and keeping a tight line a few times on the lawn. The anticipation to get on the water was too great so we put our waders on and jumped in our float tubes. This was the Hex Hatch so things were likely to go crazy! My dad was casting to rising trout that were cruising along the shallows, feeding on hex emergers and duns. He was using a size 8 foam hex dun which this trout found irresistable. Next thing you know....GAME ON! The smile at the end says it all. - fly fishing video channel - Global FlyFisher
.... We practiced casting, presentation, setting the hook and keeping a tight line a few times on the lawn. The an... ...keeping a tight line a few times on the lawn. The anticipation to get on the water was too great so we put our waders on and jumped in our float tubes... ...gh you fly lines. Using a ruler, a few paperclips and some nuts you can make a precise balance, which can help you determine the AFTM class of all of ... .... We practiced casting, presentation, setting the hook and keeping a tight line a few times on the lawn. The anticipation to get on the water was too ...
149. Build a rod, 1 - Part 1: A Few Basic Things You Should Know About Rod Building - Global FlyFisher
... market. Most people know some of them from their regular rod- and product lines, some are ... ...t species and their environment we will decide on a certain rod length and line class. Try to test cast as many models, which would suit your applicat... ...nt rods despite the fact that they are both labelled with same model name, line class and length! Keep thi... ...major points influence the choice of handle shape: personal preference and line class. The personal preference for a ce...
150. Small Fry: The Lure of the Little - Prologue: These Lines - Global FlyFisher
... Small Fry: The Lure of the Little - Prologue: These Lines - Global FlyFisher First published June 16th 2008 - More than 3 years ago HOME PATTERNS STR... ...Small Fry: The Lure of the Little Published June 16th 2008 Prologue: These Lines By ron P. swegman C atch BIGGER Fish . . . L... ...g a taut line, making a great wake across a pool, the large amount of pride felt in being able to happily release a giant back to its water; I cannot ... ...es these waters and these fish, and I hope these lines will help you, the reader — Catch MORE Fish . . . — ron P. swegman Start reading the story here...