Find it all
Results 51-60, 2675 total, on "wf line" (0.89 seconds)
"wf", is too short a word and was ignored.
51. Thin Blue Lines - Lithuania's 758 rivers, streams, and brooks cut like thin blue lines across the map offering a wealth of fishing opportunities. - Global FlyFisher
...ished December 26th 2006 More about: Stream Trout Global Reports Thin Blue Lines Lithuania's 758 rivers, streams, and brooks cut like thin blue lines ... ...ishing opportunities. By Ripley Davenport One of the thin blue lines on the Lithauanian map The flag Ripley Davenport If you were to spin the globe an... ...ted a spark in my mind. Like any fly fisherman, I focused on the thin blue lines in my rather super sized dog ea... ...heck and boarded the ferry. The ferry is no cruise liner or QE2. Basically, no swimming pool, no casino and no indoor casting pool. But it does have a...
52. Capt. Mel's Tube Knot - After years of seeing knots that either were so bulky they had a hard time going through the guides or worse they failed causing the loss of a good fish, I found a way to jam the fly line core up against an ordinary nail knot. This knot is as strong as the fly line, and as you will see it's also very small. See our article about this knot. - fly fishing video channel - Global FlyFisher
...am the fly line core up against an ordinary nail knot. This knot is as strong as the fly line, and as you will see it's also very small. See our artic... ...sh, I found a way to jam the fly line core up against an ordinary nail knot. This knot is as strong as the fly line, and as you will see it's also ver... ...Poor Okay Good Great Awesome Give it 6/6 No votes yet More videos with fly lines knots leaders Rando... ...h or the anglers, who are nicknamed metalheads... July 24th 2010 Thin Blue Lines Lithuania's 758 rivers, streams, ...
53. Shooting heads DIY - The more than Adequate Shooting Head DIY, a guide to building your own shooting heads for fly fishing - Global FlyFisher
...blished September 1st 2002 More about: Advanced Casting Do it yourself Fly lines Reference Shooting heads Spey rods Tackle Two hand rods Shooting head... ...ation Cutting Finishing Casting More About lines AFTM Sink rates Help With units FeeterMeeter IncherPincher OuncerBouncer The more than Adequate Shoot... ...o cover some advantages and disadvantages of the shooting head over the WF line, and I will thorou... ...struction The shooting head is a simple construction, where a piece of fly line is attached to a thin shooting or ru...
54. The Old Line - A short story by the author of ?Small Fry? - Global FlyFisher
... The Old Line - A short story by the author of “Small Fry” - Global FlyFisher First published November 10th 2010 - A couple of months ago HOME PATTERN... ... SITE MAP SEARCH MORE... Search Cancel More about: Panfish Comment The Old Line Published November 10th 2010 A short story by the author of “Small Fry... ... clad in stone offered no line of credit. The business, best described, was an angle of line to rock beside which a redbreast sunfish held suspended i... ... forward to the surface before a fifteen foot sparkle of floating line touched moving water on a sunny afternoon. The pattern, tethered to fluorocarbo...
55. Four stream rods - Fooling around with four great rods on a Swedish river - Global FlyFisher
...ight line A Harvest Tackle Traveller 8034B 8-foot rod for a 3-weight line. This one is also 4-piece. My trusty Partridge split cane rod. A 4-5-weight ... ...erra MPA 8-foot and 6 inches 3 piece rod for a 4-5 weight line. Some people might argue that comparing these four beasts is like comparing apples to p... ...n these rods under real fishing circumstances. Reels Martin Joergensen The lines I brought a number of different line... ...s to try on these rods, from a special dry fly presentaion line from Scierra over a plain Ultra 3 WF from SA to an elderly Double Tapered line from Ha...
56. What is a fly rod? - Fly rods are fishing rods built specifically for fly-fishing and are similar to any fishing rod in many ways, but also very different - Global FlyFisher
...trol the line AKA guides and a handle as well as a reel seat where you mount the reel, but that's also about where the similarity ends. The guides are... ...and the reel is not used as a baitcasting or spinning reel to pull in line when fishing. Many fly-anglers pull line off the reel when they start fishi... ... the line and not of the lure. Since it's the line that is used to cast the very light fly, it's the line that requires a suitable rod to cast well,. ... ... is heavy and also quite rare. The rod class or line class is sometimes designated by the number sign #. Rods for the lowest line classes 0, 1 and 2 a...
57. Hot Pink Pussy - Get your hands on a Hot Pink Pussy, an new articulated fly out of Tim Leech's Stable. This is a killing fly for those dog days, when it to hot or to cold to get a rise at of those big old trout. Just give them a sniff of Hot Pink Pussy and they be gobbling it up. Best fished on a fast sinking Line with a strip or tip retrieve, the venation in pinks helps emphasise the pulsing movement of the articulation and feathers. Pink is a killing colour for clear water and very good change colour when other have seen their day and will help you get to grips with Salmon, Steelhead, Trout and Pike. the full recipe will be on the fly fishing podcast website ASAP see link at the top of the page. Tight lines now - fly fishing video channel - Global FlyFisher
...f Hot Pink Pussy and they be gobbling it up. Best fished on a fast sinking Line with a strip or tip retrieve, the venation in pinks helps emphasise th... ...he fly fishing podcast website ASAP see link at the top of the page. Tight lines now - fly fishing video channel - Global FlyFisher The Global FlyFis... ...bulky or riffle hitched. Ron Grantham writes When used with a floating fly line this unsinkable fly will stay on the surface as long as ... ...f Hot Pink Pussy and they be gobbling it up. Best fished on a fast sinking Line with a strip or tip retrieve, the venation in pinks helps emphasise th...
58. Fish Better - Become a better fly fisher - Global FlyFisher
...mony about maintaining your precious fly fishing equipment - Rod, Reel And Line - by tropical fishing guide Roland Henrion. Learn how to prolong the l... ...d Henrion, whose expertise results in good and sound advice. Line care Third and last part of fishing guide Roland Henrion's article on fly fishing eq... ...per treatment and storage of fly lines. Tired of stiff, coiling lines that makes bird's nests? Old Hickory If Rodney Dangerfield were a fish, he'd pro... ...aiding fly anglers in cleaning their lines, but the neatly designed and sturdy tool has several other purposes. Stillwater Fishing Paul Marriner's Sti...
59. Fish Better - Become a better fly fisher - Global FlyFisher
... aiding fly anglers in cleaning their lines, but the neatly designed and sturdy tool has several other purposes. Beginner's Buzzer A Buzzer is basical... ...one tubing There's an easy way to attatch the leader or backing to the fly line, and that's by using a piece of silicone tubing. Break a r... ...all serve the same purpose: transmitting the energy fra the fly line to the fly in a gentle, yet firm way. The different types each have their advanta... ...a question of compromises. Fly line anatomy My fly line doesn't understand me! And I don't understand it... This article tries to put things straight:...
60. Hyper-Compleat Principles of Leader Design - The most comprehensive tool for calculating classical and contemporary leaders - and designing your own formulas for knotted leaders - Global FlyFisher
...ng you had 100% complete control in presenting the business end of the fly line to ... ...p ] I’ll give you the bottom line now: No matter how experienced you are in fly fishing, don’t neglect the leader! It pays to know as much as you can ... ...ransferring and dissipating the energy of the cast towards the fly The fly line is designed ... ...hat serves many functions? Sure! Table 1 Recommended Leader Butt Diameters Line Weight mm's Butt Diameter inches Butt Diameter 3 .45-.50 .017 -.020 4 ...