Find it all
Results 51-60, 2718 total, on "wf line" (0.27 seconds)
"wf", is too short a word and was ignored.
51. Smart Spooler - A neat tool for rinsing, spooling and general handling of fly lines and backing. - Global FlyFisher
... First published November 5th 2004 More about: Fly lines Saltwater Smart Spooler A neat tool for rinsing, spooling and general handling of fly lines a... ...t it. The Spooler is basically a large drum on which you can wind your fly line and backing – or spinning line if you are so disposed. It's fitted wit... ... to broken backing and many a reel and line ruined by the harsh salt from the tropical water. The Smart Spooler set Martin Joergensen Spooling Martin ... ...Spooler, which was aimed primarily at aiding fly anglers in cleaning their lines – and not only by drawing them off and running them ...
52. Thin Blue Lines - Lithuania's 758 rivers, streams, and brooks cut like thin blue lines across the map offering a wealth of fishing opportunities. - Global FlyFisher
...ished December 26th 2006 More about: Stream Trout Global Reports Thin Blue Lines Lithuania's 758 rivers, streams, and brooks cut like thin blue lines ... ...ishing opportunities. By Ripley Davenport One of the thin blue lines on the Lithauanian map The flag Ripley Davenport If you were to spin the globe an... ...ted a spark in my mind. Like any fly fisherman, I focused on the thin blue lines in my rather super sized dog ea... ...heck and boarded the ferry. The ferry is no cruise liner or QE2. Basically, no swimming pool, no casino and no indoor casting pool. But it does have a...
53. Shooting heads DIY - The more than Adequate Shooting Head DIY, a guide to building your own shooting heads for fly fishing - Global FlyFisher
...blished September 1st 2002 More about: Advanced Casting Do it yourself Fly lines Reference Shooting heads Spey rods Tackle Two hand rods Shooting head... ...ation Cutting Finishing Casting More About lines AFTM Sink rates Help With units FeeterMeeter IncherPincher OuncerBouncer The more than Adequate Shoot... ...o cover some advantages and disadvantages of the shooting head over the WF line, and I will thorou... ...struction The shooting head is a simple construction, where a piece of fly line is attached to a thin shooting or ru...
54. Capt. Mel's Tube Knot - After years of seeing knots that either were so bulky they had a hard time going through the guides or worse they failed causing the loss of a good fish, I found a way to jam the fly line core up against an ordinary nail knot. This knot is as strong as the fly line, and as you will see it's also very small. See our article about this knot. - fly fishing video channel - Global FlyFisher
...am the fly line core up against an ordinary nail knot. This knot is as strong as the fly line, and as you will see it's also very small. See our artic... ...sh, I found a way to jam the fly line core up against an ordinary nail knot. This knot is as strong as the fly line, and as you will see it's also ver... ...Poor Okay Good Great Awesome Give it 6/6 No votes yet More videos with fly lines knots leaders Rando... ...h or the anglers, who are nicknamed metalheads... July 24th 2010 Thin Blue Lines Lithuania's 758 rivers, streams, ...
55. The Old Line - A short story by the author of ?Small Fry? - Global FlyFisher
... The Old Line - A short story by the author of “Small Fry” - Global FlyFisher First published November 10th 2010 - A couple of months ago HOME PATTERN... ... SITE MAP SEARCH MORE... Search Cancel More about: Panfish Comment The Old Line Published November 10th 2010 A short story by the author of “Small Fry... ... clad in stone offered no line of credit. The business, best described, was an angle of line to rock beside which a redbreast sunfish held suspended i... ... forward to the surface before a fifteen foot sparkle of floating line touched moving water on a sunny afternoon. The pattern, tethered to fluorocarbo...
56. Four stream rods - Fooling around with four great rods on a Swedish river - Global FlyFisher
...ight line A Harvest Tackle Traveller 8034B 8-foot rod for a 3-weight line. This one is also 4-piece. My trusty Partridge split cane rod. A 4-5-weight ... ...erra MPA 8-foot and 6 inches 3 piece rod for a 4-5 weight line. Some people might argue that comparing these four beasts is like comparing apples to p... ...n these rods under real fishing circumstances. Reels Martin Joergensen The lines I brought a number of different line... ...s to try on these rods, from a special dry fly presentaion line from Scierra over a plain Ultra 3 WF from SA to an elderly Double Tapered line from Ha...
57. Since the fly line is only about 30 metres or 100 feet, it is quite adequate to spool it on by hand. Notice how I guide the line with the fingers to spread it evenly on the spool. (picture) - Spooling the fly line - Most of us know how, but this article is for the ones who never set up a complete reel, backing, line and leader. - Global FlyFisher
...Since the fly line is only about 30 metres or 100 feet, it is quite adequate to spool it on by hand. Notice how I guide the line with the fingers to s... ...he fly line - Most of us know how, but this article is for the ones who never set up a complete reel, backing, line and leader. - Global FlyFisher Fir... ... feet, it is quite adequate to spool it on by hand. Notice how I guide the line with the fingers to spread it evenly on the spool. Photo/illustration:... ...submit a private comment, not for publication, use this form Since the fly line...
58. Fish Better - Become a better fly fisher - Global FlyFisher
... aiding fly anglers in cleaning their lines, but the neatly designed and sturdy tool has several other purposes. Beginner's Buzzer A Buzzer is basical... ...one tubing There's an easy way to attatch the leader or backing to the fly line, and that's by using a piece of silicone tubing. Break a r... ...all serve the same purpose: transmitting the energy fra the fly line to the fly in a gentle, yet firm way. The different types each have their advanta... ...a question of compromises. Fly line anatomy My fly line doesn't understand me! And I don't understand it... This article tries to put things straight:...
59. Kayak flyfishing - Global FlyFisher
...hing will be suited for the same type of fishing from a kayak. Rod length, line weight and density should reflect your quarry and not the fact that yo... ...water requires a new strategy, which includes sinking lines and heavy flies. A lot of action is hidden in the abyss - relative to the usual depths cov... ...shing. In most cases a sinking line will do, but fast sinking shooting heads, heavier rods and maybe even longer rods can become necessary to cast a f... ... or tuck it under a strap. Get out the fly rod, strip line, take aim, and cast. Casting from a kayak Casting from a kayak is actually easier than cast...
60. What is a fly rod? - Fly rods are fishing rods built specifically for fly-fishing and are similar to any fishing rod in many ways, but also very different - Global FlyFisher
...trol the line AKA guides and a handle as well as a reel seat where you mount the reel, but that's also about where the similarity ends. The guides are... ...and the reel is not used as a baitcasting or spinning reel to pull in line when fishing. Many fly-anglers pull line off the reel when they start fishi... ... the line and not of the lure. Since it's the line that is used to cast the very light fly, it's the line that requires a suitable rod to cast well,. ... ... is heavy and also quite rare. The rod class or line class is sometimes designated by the number sign #. Rods for the lowest line classes 0, 1 and 2 a...