Find it all
Results 1-10, 3975 total, on "hook" (0.47 seconds)
1. 404 Error - Page not found - Global FlyFisher
...un Wet Fly http://globalflyfisher.com/ video /?q=node/2173 Materials Used; Hook: Kamasan B170 size12, Thread: Uni-Black 8/0, Tail: Natural Black Hen F... ...to. - La Lumine http://globalflyfisher.com/ video /?q=node/1969 Caddis hook, Bead head, Copper wire,Transparent elastic thread, Opposum black dubbing.... ...tp://globalflyfisher.com/ video /?q=node/6045 Materials Used; Hook, Kamasan B110 size 12 Thread, Black Uni-8/0 Black Rib, Fine or Small Silver Wire Bo... ...retaining fish on a few days per week and usually require use of de-barbed hooks. For more fly tying tips and video s, c...
2. Streamer Hook Review - Raske's New England Streamers - Global FlyFisher
...Streamer Hook Review - Raske's New England Streamers - Global FlyFisher First published before January 1st 2001 - More than 8 years ago More about: Fl... ...es Streamers <!-- Please help us! Check that this page works on our new server too... If this page has errors, please let Martin know. If not, just re... ... England Streamers By Bob Skehan The hook is the foundation on which a good streamer is built. When streamer anglers meet, quite often it's the subjec... ...treamer hooks available on the market today and some no longer available in the table below. Clicking the links in the table will take you to my thoug...
3. Estuary Bend-back Minnow - The Chinook Bendback is a fly style that has been popularized in saltwater and estuarine waters where anglers fish flies in shallow waters where weeds and muck could easily foul hooks on traditional patterns. The process of bending the hook is crucial because it will impact the ability to hook a fish when it takes the fly. Make sure that the hook point is above the plane of the new axis of the hook eye. Using a Mustad 3407 saltwater hook is a good idea because the hook has a great balance of toughness and retains modest pliability. I have had great success fishing this hook and think you will too if you give it a go. You will need to sharpen this hook, but you can re-sharpen it too. For more fly tying videos, check out www.OregonFlyFishingBlog.com. For fly tying materials, check out www.CaddisFlyShop.com. - fly fishing video channel - Global FlyFisher
... easily foul hooks on traditional patterns. The process of bending the hook is crucial because it will impact the ability to hook a fish when it takes... ...he plane of the new axis of the hook eye. Using a Mustad 3407 saltwater hook is a good idea because the hook has a great balance of toughness and reta... ...shing this hook and think you will too if you give it a go. You will need to sharpen this hook, but you can re-sharpen it too. For more fly tying vide... ...nglers fish flies in shallow waters where weeds and muck could easily foul hooks on traditional patterns. The process of bending the hook is crucial ...
4. So you wanna tie a BIG fly? - This is not about a pattern called The Big Fly, but some general advice on tying big flies. - Global FlyFisher
...dries and nymphs in the size 16-20 range, then a fly tied on a size 4 or 2 hook will see... ...me consider salmon flies on tubes big, and NE streamers on very long shank hooks are also quite large. But just to set things s... ... of space in spite of being quite sparse. Hook choice Large flies often call for large hooks, not least because you might expect to catch large fish. ... ...eter fly, a hook with an equally long shank doesn't make sense. That would be a very large hook! Most large flies are tied on smaller hooks - still bi...
5. Never fish with a broken hook! - Am I dumb or what? Who would fish with a broken hook? Well, a lot of people do, actually. I do now and then, although rarely on purpose. - Global FlyFisher
... Never fish with a broken hook! - Am I dumb or what? Who would fish with a broken hook? Well, a lot of people do, actually. I do now and then, althoug... ...e Staff Store GFF Books Comments GFF on Facebook Contact Keywords Keywords Hooks Fish Better Touch More about: Hooks | Fish Better | Comment 3 ... ...Never fish with a broken hook! Published Dec 11th 2013 Am I dumb or what? Who would fish with a broken hook? Well, a lot of people do, actually. I do ... ...n Joergensen + Broken for good Martin Joergensen I have fished with broken hooks many times! Not on purpose, mind you, but because the hook has broken...
6. Global Fly Fisher, Gear Review, Partridge Flashpoint Hooks
...irst published January 17th 2005 More about: Fly tying Fly tying materials Hooks Partridge Flashpoint Hooks Reviewed by Bob Petti GFF Rating: 6 Excell... ...hooks from what most would consider a very traditional company. Lurking on the internet one day this past Fall, I learned that Partridge had come out ... ...les to review, similar to when Mustad came out with their Signature Series hooks a few years ago read review here . Sh... ...ortly after, a box came in the mail with a selection of some of these new hooks that are certainly going to be interesting to the trout angler. In gen...
7. Action Jackson - The Action Jackson is the most successful articulated streamer pattern that I have ever fished. I am using an AFF MP001 (up-turned eye, multipurpose, stinger hook) for the trailing hook and an AFF S404 (straight eye, 4X-long, round bend, streamer hook) for the front hook. Check them out at http://www.allenflyfishing.com. There are three things that make this pattern so effective. First, most fish do not fully eat a leach, sculpins or bait fish on the first strike; they wound them first by biting their tail. The stinger hook at the tail of the fly reduces the chances of short strikes/ missed opportunities. Secondly, the articulated portion of the tail moves freely in the water and gives the illusion of a swimming leech, sculpin or baitfish. Lastly, the squirrel hair and legs provide excellent movement in the water. The sili legs project lots of UV light that grabs the fish's attention. This pattern is also effective in the following colors; black, rust, chartreuse, brown, tan and natural. You can also tie this pattern in different lengths. Pattern Length Stinger Hook Front Hook (4X-Long) 2 inch size 10 size 8 2 ½ inch size 8 size 6 3 ½ inch size 6 size 4 4 inch size 4 size 2 To view RK's Fly Design complete fly collection Visit http://www.facebook.com/RKsFlyDesign - fly fishing video channel - Global FlyFisher
... ever fished. I am using an AFF MP001 up-turned eye, multipurpose, stinger hook for the trail... ...ing hook and an AFF S404 straight eye, 4X-long, round bend, streamer hook for the front hook. Check them out at http://www.allenflyfishing.com. There ... ... the first strike; they wound them first by biting their tail. The stinger hook at the tail of the fly reduces the chances of sho... ...You can also tie this pattern in different lengths. Pattern Length Stinger Hook Front Hook 4X-Long 2 inch size 10 size 8 2 ½ inch size 8 size 6 3 ½ ...
8. Tube Fly Styles and Patterns - There are as many tube patterns out there as you can name in a lifetime, and there are so many different styles of tying. But this article still tries to bunch them into some common groups. - Global FlyFisher
...s as well as the shrimp-style salmon flies often tied on double and treble hooks, can be tied on tubes with very good results. The Fra... ...s with some surprising choices of materials and tying methods. Bottle tube hook mount Martin Joergensen Hook on a small rear tube M... ...artin Joergensen Loose hook mount Martin Joergensen Low water tube hook mount Martin Joergensen No junction tube hook mount Martin Joergensen The clas... ...r tubes Since the tubes allow for a free hook choice you can vary the way you arm your tubes greatly. The factors you can play with are: number of poi...
9. Boney Flies - flies for bonefish - Some are well known, some are close to unknown, but they can all catch bonefish. - Global FlyFisher
...ke are tied Crazy Charlie style with the wing downward and the fly fishing hookpoint-up as a result. The original Crazy C... ...arlie style where the wing covers the hook point and both are supposed to fish upwards. The Gotcha is a fairly dull and naturally coloured fly and can... ...onefish fly in the Gotcha and Crazy Charlie manner with the wing under the hook. What hap... ...another example of a fly intended to fish hook point up. You can read the story of the original Kluting here and the birth of the Blackout Kluting her...
10. Hook anatomy and hook types Hooks for all purposes - Global FlyFisher
... First published before January 1st 2001 More about: Beginners Fly tying Hooks Hook anatomy and hook types Hooks for all purposes Hooks B175 34011 Hol... ... By Martin Joergensen Let's look at a hook, and try to put the right terms on the right parts. This picture shows a hook note that it actually is a ra... ...mall distances in the pattern, especially in the front Overall length. The hooks 'outer' horizontal dimension Shank length. The ... ...o determine where the shank ends and the bend begins, especially on curved hooks. Barb length - sometimes use to measure out t...