View topic - Flyfishing for perch - Discussion forum and board - Global FlyFisher

GFF logo

Flyfishing for perch
Goto page Previous  1, 2 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Global FlyFisher forum frontpage -> Fly fishing - Fish Better
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dada

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 11:58 pm    Post subject: Rodney.... Reply with quote
Be sure that Iam jealousy!!! Because in our country, in my country we havent fish like you have!! We´ve a lot of nice graylink and trouts streams, but trout season is to short or during floods is impossible to fish there so we´ve to fish for another like pike, asp, perch, zander and a lot more.... Ill send you pictures if you want....
And by the way.....iam gonna do it again Wink

perch.jpg
 Description:
Sorry for quality,Ill make better, but firstly Ive to tie them...
 Filesize:  3.56 KB
 Viewed:  6339 Time(s)

perch.jpg

Rodney

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hey vanuz, Merry Christmas. Smile We just figured out our plans in the upcoming days tonight. My 27th is mostly free, girlfriend is going to the movies. If you would like to go to Ishøj or Tryggevælde River and would like some company, I can join you. If you cannot head out, that's ok too, another day is fine too since it looks like Denmark decides to remain tropical this winter. Laughing Anyways, fire me an email if you are available and interested. info@fishingwithrod.com

After getting some errands done on Saturday, I convinced Nina to go to Tryggevælde River for a quick outing. We did ok, the world's smallest pike decided to grab my fly. Laughing Nina landed a perch on the spinner. I finished the day off with a sea trout that apparently found my perch fly very appealing. In addition, I managed to lose a mysterious fish on the spinner.

Interesting looking flies Dada, would love to see more. Smile Where I come from, anglers are definitely quite spoiled and unaware of how lucky we are compared to anglers in other parts of the world. In the Pacific Northwest, our fishing season is basically 365 days of the year, with up to ten different salmonid species available. Here in Denmark, although salmonid species are not as diverse and abundant, I enjoy the hunting aspect of exploring species in different fish families. My initial attitude towards predatory coarse fish such as northern pike and perch is that one only needs to drop the presentation in the water and reel in a fish. That has since changed after not being able to produce from time to time. Smile

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Dada

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 6:43 pm    Post subject: Rodney... Reply with quote
I deffinintly know, what you mean. I had(may be have) same idea. But at summer Ive been in Costa Rica for a couple of months, where I staid with fishing guide and I fished for a lot of fish spieces which Ive never seen before!! But after three months I was like....Ohh my small graylinks, trouts.. Deam my river infront of cottage... And now I am just looking forward for next season!!!
It isnt mean that Iam not gonna visit any other country!! Ive a lot of plans(Canada included Laughing ). But for next year iam gonna fish a guide just in my country(just two short trips to Turkey and Bosnia). In Czech we ve sentence it means somethink like a "everywhere is fine but at home is famous". And thats exactly means what I feel write now...
Merry christmas and happy new year Laughing

And sorry for my english Crying or Very sad Iam trying to do my best Sad ...

24755.jpg
 Description:
This is our game fish...
 Filesize:  56.34 KB
 Viewed:  439 Time(s)

24755.jpg

vanuz

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 5:28 pm    Post subject: my first shrimps Reply with quote
I have tried to tie some shrimps, perch seemed to be interested in it, as I got more than 20 today....Rodney, you know where....

1.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  83.1 KB
 Viewed:  450 Time(s)

1.jpg

Wiggy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
My killer perch fly is:-

Thread - Black
Tail - Pink Marabou
Body - black cactus chenille
Eye - Silver chain

As simple as that. Catches me perch in bucket loads!

Rodney

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hiya all, I am back in Vancouver once again, sorry to those who I haven't been staying in touch with email. Vanuz and I were able to get together just after Christmas for a day of fishing, we managed to find some perch. My last catch of the day turned out to be the largest perch I've encountered so far. I cheated a bit though, with a spinner. Laughing Vanuz was able to get a few on the fly, but they were a bit smaller than that.

Anyways, January fishing in Denmark was a bust, as record rainfall kept us inside the apartment most of the time. We managed to do something fish related in the end, we visited Øresund Aquarium in Helsingør.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ol4m8t9pHUw

Thanks once again for everyone's assistance. Smile

vanuz

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi Rip,
I´ve checked Trygg last week, the "soup" was rather muddy and full of grass of any kind. Few small piked saw the shore, but otherwise it was a dismal. No giant perch around, no trouts...
The place was nearly empty, just a bunch of idiots running around and taking 30cm pikes home spoilt the atmosphere Evil or Very Mad

I hardly drove home ´cos my eyes got swollen and grew to the size of tabletennis balls ( Shocked ) as I suffer from hay-fever Embarassed

Hear from you soon.
B.
Rodney

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Too bad Vanuz, you should have gone to Trygg about 6 weeks earlier. Wink If I remember correctly, Nina and I were there on May 12th last year and the big pikes were boiling on the surface everywhere. This time of the year it's pretty slow (that's probably why the day card is so cheap Laughing ).

Here's one from that day.

We'll go back there in December for those big perch again. Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Global FlyFisher forum frontpage -> Fly fishing - Fish Better All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: