View topic - Turkey, Greece, fly fishing? - Discussion forum and board - Global FlyFisher

GFF logo

Turkey, Greece, fly fishing?
Goto page Previous  1, 2 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Global FlyFisher forum frontpage -> Fly tying - Tie Better
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BURKALA

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:18 am    Post subject: Re: Many thanks Burkala! Reply with quote
Dada wrote:
Iam still thinkink abaut Turkey, but I am still not to sure..... Ive read a few pages in Proseks book and thats why Ive intereset to visit Turkey like a fly fisher... Laughing When is the best time of season in Turkey? Iam a little bit scared about summer, bacause of low watter....

Hi,

The season is crucial depending on the region and stream where you intend to fish. Best to fish in north west in small streams when the snow melting slows down till the time the snow doesnt effect the stream flow. - April /June . The meditteranean streams during June - October( The fishing season for trout in Turkey is between 1 April - 1 October ) . And for the Eastern Black sea ( North ) region, its best to fish during August to October.

Hope this will suffice

Burak
ASO

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:43 pm    Post subject: Fly fishing in Turkey Reply with quote
Hey Burkala,

I hope to go to Turkey, Antalya in the middle of October this year. Is it not legal to fish trout in the period after October 1? And if it's legal, do you know where it's good to fish in the area?

Thanks, and kind regards

Asger
asgero@gmail.com
Denmark
BURKALA

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 7:05 am    Post subject: Re: Fly fishing in Turkey Reply with quote
ASO wrote:
Hey Burkala,

I hope to go to Turkey, Antalya in the middle of October this year. Is it not legal to fish trout in the period after October 1? And if it's legal, do you know where it's good to fish in the area?

Thanks, and kind regards

Asger
asgero@gmail.com
Denmark

Dear Asger,

Unfortunately the trout season in Turkey ends after 1 of October. I'd advise you to arrange your vacation to an earlier date because there are very nice locations where you can fish trout in Antalya. By the way, foreigners in Turkey need to attain a permit to fish in Turkey. Altough there are'nt much strict control, its appropriate to attain one may you face a official person. As for the locations, a can advise you the upper reaches of Dim and Manavgat streams. They are all turqouise streams where you can find lots of rainbow trouts.( all fugutives of fish farms ) But ýf you want to fish natural browns, you need to contact the locals or fishing companys, or I may be of help if I can arrange some spare time. You can contact me in person and I'll do my best when the time comes

Regards

Burak
bkalac@hotmail.com
Hyekal Mughal

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Feridun,
Seeing that you are living in South Norway have you ever fished in Egersund. Any thoughts?

Rgds
Hyekal
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Global FlyFisher forum frontpage -> Fly tying - Tie Better All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: