View topic - long life to GFF - Discussion forum and board - Global FlyFisher

GFF logo

long life to GFF
Goto page Previous  1, 2 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Global FlyFisher forum frontpage -> About the Global FlyFisher
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fish

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm the next candidate, Martin
and I'm sure there's more than enough others too to cover your costs...
Tom
squaretail

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've been "reading" for a few years and GFF has never been anything less than impressive. Rich content and plenty of it. Cheers!

Craig White

* Oh, and if hats (or any other GFF materials) come to light, count me in.
rybolov

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 2:14 pm    Post subject: The Forum is Dead, Long Live the Forum! Reply with quote
opax wrote:
Recent threads are no longer visible in front page of the GFF site. I’m afraid that the new Forum can go more or less unnoticed though…

I agree with the opax. Knowing the GFF staff, I figure it's just a matter of time before they get that feature back online.

Cheers
--Mike

mcfluffchucker

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
yea id kill for one and i wouldnt mind paying the postage please have a re run im sure youd sell out

mcfluffchucker
rybolov

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 12:59 am    Post subject: Slow? Reply with quote
I guess this is more for Martin, but I can load everything on the site with a very fast response except for the forum. It's sometimes 10 seconds before I get a response. I would blame the forum database, since the static pages and even the gallery pages load amazingly fast. It seems like there is a DNS timeout trying to resolve the database server before it checks the host file, something like that.

Of course, you probably already know this. Rolling Eyes

Cheers
--Mike

CARLOS

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:47 pm    Post subject: YEAH! Reply with quote
I agree with some thoughts:

1. GFF is the best Flyfishing site worldwide

2. Everlasting success for GFF!

3. I want a cap too!

4. Forum Meister: Please do something to avoid this forum to fall in the underworld! This is the greatest chance Flyfishers around the world have to "Globalize"!! I don't know, a highly visible link on the frontpage, some kind of advertiising...

Thanks again Martin, Bob & Co.!!!

You rule!!

Carlos
rybolov

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 10:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Slow? Reply with quote
rybolov wrote:
I guess this is more for Martin, but I can load everything on the site with a very fast response except for the forum.

Cool, you fixed it *and* put the last posts on the home page. That rocks.

Thanks, Martin. Wink

Cheers
--Mike

Martin Joergensen
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 2:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Slow? Reply with quote
rybolov wrote:
rybolov wrote:
I guess this is more for Martin, but I can load everything on the site with a very fast response except for the forum.

Cool, you fixed it *and* put the last posts on the home page. That rocks.

Mike,

Yup. Fooled around with a module for the forum yesterday, and even though it was not as simple as in the old one, I got it to work in the end.

Regarding the forum and database response time you may be right. The system has to shift between two databases (but on the same server) when going from GFF in general to the forum and back and this can take time... but several seconds seems to be way too much. I'll see what I can do. Haven't seen the problem myself. Can you see in your status line in the browser what it's trying to read when it sticks?

Martin

rybolov

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 3:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Slow? Reply with quote
Martin Joergensen wrote:

Regarding the forum and database response time you may be right. The system has to shift between two databases (but on the same server) when going from GFF in general to the forum and back and this can take time... but several seconds seems to be way too much. I'll see what I can do. Haven't seen the problem myself.

It seems much faster since this weekend. I think you fixed it while you were messing around elsewhere. If it slows down again, I'll let you know where.

Rodney

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Being a website owner as well, I am fully aware of the amount of work required to keep a website current and popular. Martin and his colleague have certainly employed their dedication, effort and time to keep both the content and the layout of Global Flyfisher appealing. Congratulations on what you have accomplished and I look forward to see what GFF brings to the readers in the future. Smile

I'm back in Copenhagen again in May and June, looking forward to connecting with some garfish, pike, brown trout and grayling. Very Happy

Best regards,

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
DistantStreams

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 9:04 pm    Post subject: The latter of the species... Reply with quote
The latter of the above species you'll have to visit Jylland.
Unfortuantely no thymallus thymallus exist near to Copenhagen or the surrounding area. But I guess you already knew that?
Did you already know that?
Of course you did...
Good hunting never-the-less and keep us posted.
O yeah Martin...Awaiting the Bornholm article, pictures and latest skunked figures as if life depended on it.

Ripley

2010 Mongolia
2011 North Pole: Anglo-American Trans-Arctic Expedition

www.mongolia2010.com
Michael Skjoldborg

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Rodney wrote:
I'm back in Copenhagen again in May and June, looking forward to connecting with some garfish, pike, brown trout and grayling. Very Happy

As Ripley told you, you rather should take to Jylland instead. You're welcome to visit me in Holstebro. Except the garfish, you can catch the three other species 1,5 kilometers from my place in the same river and at nearly the same place in a river called Storå. For the garfish you have to drive 20 kilometers to Struer and the area around the Oddesund bridge.
If you are interested in a guide and a place to stay, just drop me a line.

Kind regards, Michael
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Masi

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Greetings from Finland!

I would like first of all thank you for the Great site, absolutely best fly fishing site I know. I have visited here since '97 I think when it was Fishing Denmark. I remember that I printed out some fly recipes in work because I didint have internet connection home Smile Since then I have been visiting here often and check out if there something interesting to read, and yes many times there is.

So long life to the Global Fly Fisher, hope that you will keep up the good work!

I'm also upkeeping fly fishing site in Finnish, you dont understand a word, but maybe you would like to check out some pictures from our gallery, there is 4791 pics at the moment from Finland and some from other coutries too.

Have a nice summer and tight lines! Smile

- Masi Hast
Dave Jones

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi, would just like to say, a great site GFF. lots of good info to be read in all types of fly fishing, please keep up the good work.

And if there is a list for the GFF peak cap, PLEASE put me on it.

Martin & co great job

Dave Wink from Wales
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Global FlyFisher forum frontpage -> About the Global FlyFisher All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: