View topic - Sea trout fishing with floating line - Discussion forum and board - Global FlyFisher

GFF logo



   
Sea trout fishing with floating line
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Global FlyFisher forum frontpage -> Fly fishing - Fish Better
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Pike



Joined: 11 Apr 2006
Posts: 56
Location: Prague, Czech republic

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 9:36 pm    Post subject: Sea trout fishing with floating line Reply with quote
Hello guys, what is the biggest advantage of using floating line? As I can see a lot of danish flyfishers use floating line instead of intermediate line. Thanks for your answer
_________________
Pike
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
vanuz



Joined: 24 Mar 2006
Posts: 82
Location: Slovakia

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 9:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Sea trout fishing with floating line Reply with quote
Pike wrote:
Hello guys, what is the biggest advantage of using floating line? As I can see a lot of danish flyfishers use floating line instead of intermediate line. Thanks for your answer


I (and we) usually fish shallow water spots, where the fish come to feed, so there is absolutely no need to get the fly deep down. Moreover, flies do not get stuck in weed or rocks on the bottom.

_________________
"Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and you'll never see him on the weekends."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Pike



Joined: 11 Apr 2006
Posts: 56
Location: Prague, Czech republic

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 9:58 pm    Post subject: shallow water Reply with quote
Hi Vanuz, thanks, it makes sense but generally I have no such problem with intermediate line too. At first I thought if the fish hunt for their prey in upper layers of water.
_________________
Pike
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
vanuz



Joined: 24 Mar 2006
Posts: 82
Location: Slovakia

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 10:08 pm    Post subject: Re: shallow water Reply with quote
Pike wrote:
Hi Vanuz, thanks, it makes sense but generally I have no such problem with intermediate line too. At first I thought if the fish hunt for their prey in upper layers of water.


Not long ago I visited an aquarium...salt water of course... Apart from the others, there was a huge cylindrical one - right in the middle of the room, it might have been 4-5 metres high. It was basically stocked with fish of all kinds. I kept looking inside for about 5 minutes, call me blind, but I couldnĀ“t find seatrouts there.

Laughing Guess where I eventually found them?

_________________
"Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and you'll never see him on the weekends."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
DistantStreams



Joined: 24 Mar 2006
Posts: 109
Location: Denmark, Lithuania, USA

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 8:48 am    Post subject: Guess? Reply with quote
Hey Vanuz,

Guess where I eventually found them?

A. You didn't
B. In your dreams
C. On the end of someone elses rod
D. None of the above. I can't fish for sea trout but enjoy looking as if I can.

Ripley Very Happy

_________________
Ripley Davenport

2010 Mongolia
2011 North Pole: Anglo-American Trans-Arctic Expedition

www.mongolia2010.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Pike



Joined: 11 Apr 2006
Posts: 56
Location: Prague, Czech republic

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 10:32 am    Post subject: Re: shallow water Reply with quote
vanuz wrote:
Pike wrote:
Hi Vanuz, thanks, it makes sense but generally I have no such problem with intermediate line too. At first I thought if the fish hunt for their prey in upper layers of water.


Not long ago I visited an aquarium...salt water of course... Apart from the others, there was a huge cylindrical one - right in the middle of the room, it might have been 4-5 metres high. It was basically stocked with fish of all kinds. I kept looking inside for about 5 minutes, call me blind, but I couldnĀ“t find seatrouts there.

Laughing Guess where I eventually found them?


Vanuz: On someone's frying pan? Very Happy

_________________
Pike
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
vanuz



Joined: 24 Mar 2006
Posts: 82
Location: Slovakia

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 3:01 pm    Post subject: I meant.... Reply with quote
Guys, I really found them, - maybe a meter below the ceiling, where the aquarium ended. Laughing

...just wanted to say, seatrout probably occupies higher water levels, but I may be completely wrong. So, smart ones, the stage is yours!

_________________
"Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and you'll never see him on the weekends."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Global FlyFisher forum frontpage -> Fly fishing - Fish Better All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum


Powered by phpBB © The Global FlyFisher and the individual people posting