View topic - Sea trout fishing with floating line - Discussion forum and board - Global FlyFisher

GFF logo

Sea trout fishing with floating line

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Global FlyFisher forum frontpage -> Fly fishing - Fish Better
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pike

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 9:36 pm    Post subject: Sea trout fishing with floating line Reply with quote
Hello guys, what is the biggest advantage of using floating line? As I can see a lot of danish flyfishers use floating line instead of intermediate line. Thanks for your answer
vanuz

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 9:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Sea trout fishing with floating line Reply with quote
Pike wrote:
Hello guys, what is the biggest advantage of using floating line? As I can see a lot of danish flyfishers use floating line instead of intermediate line. Thanks for your answer

I (and we) usually fish shallow water spots, where the fish come to feed, so there is absolutely no need to get the fly deep down. Moreover, flies do not get stuck in weed or rocks on the bottom.

Pike

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 9:58 pm    Post subject: shallow water Reply with quote
Hi Vanuz, thanks, it makes sense but generally I have no such problem with intermediate line too. At first I thought if the fish hunt for their prey in upper layers of water.
vanuz

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 10:08 pm    Post subject: Re: shallow water Reply with quote
Pike wrote:
Hi Vanuz, thanks, it makes sense but generally I have no such problem with intermediate line too. At first I thought if the fish hunt for their prey in upper layers of water.

Not long ago I visited an aquarium...salt water of course... Apart from the others, there was a huge cylindrical one - right in the middle of the room, it might have been 4-5 metres high. It was basically stocked with fish of all kinds. I kept looking inside for about 5 minutes, call me blind, but I couldnĀ“t find seatrouts there.

Laughing Guess where I eventually found them?

DistantStreams

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 8:48 am    Post subject: Guess? Reply with quote
Hey Vanuz,

Guess where I eventually found them?

A. You didn't
B. In your dreams
C. On the end of someone elses rod
D. None of the above. I can't fish for sea trout but enjoy looking as if I can.

Ripley Very Happy

2010 Mongolia
2011 North Pole: Anglo-American Trans-Arctic Expedition

www.mongolia2010.com
Pike

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 10:32 am    Post subject: Re: shallow water Reply with quote
vanuz wrote:
Pike wrote:

Not long ago I visited an aquarium...salt water of course... Apart from the others, there was a huge cylindrical one - right in the middle of the room, it might have been 4-5 metres high. It was basically stocked with fish of all kinds. I kept looking inside for about 5 minutes, call me blind, but I couldnĀ“t find seatrouts there.

Laughing Guess where I eventually found them?

Vanuz: On someone's frying pan? Very Happy

vanuz

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 3:01 pm    Post subject: I meant.... Reply with quote
Guys, I really found them, - maybe a meter below the ceiling, where the aquarium ended. Laughing

...just wanted to say, seatrout probably occupies higher water levels, but I may be completely wrong. So, smart ones, the stage is yours!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Global FlyFisher forum frontpage -> Fly fishing - Fish Better All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: