View topic - Seatroutfishing in Norway - Discussion forum and board - Global FlyFisher

GFF logo

Seatroutfishing in Norway

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Global FlyFisher forum frontpage -> Fly fishing - Fish Better
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FlyBandit

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 8:45 pm    Post subject: Seatroutfishing in Norway Reply with quote
The season for seatrout in saltwater should have started some weeks ago on the south cost of Norway, but we have had a white and cold winter. Hopefully the temperature will rise the comeing days. The seatrout should be eating sandworms, shrimps and small fishes like "kuttling". Smile
PS! I've made a movie teaser from our latest guided fishing trip and you can watch it on my web-site. Wink
Martin Joergensen
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 7:39 pm    Post subject: Nice video Reply with quote
FlyBandit,

Nice footage! I particularly like seeing the fish in the water.

Martin

FlyBandit

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 6:42 pm    Post subject: New movie - Seatrouthunters Reply with quote
Thanks Martin!
Pike

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 7:22 am    Post subject: Dropper fly in seatrout fishing Reply with quote
Has anybody tried to use dropper fly for sea trout fishing? I always use only one point fly but I am interested if it is possible to use second fly. thanks a lot
maciasd

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
oh boy. You Czech and the nymph idea. . . . think my way: big fish.. dropper..snag on the bottom... lost fish.. anger. really I do not think that seatrout/salmon fishing is the place for usin' droppers. if U know polish word "zbój" what means guy like Rumcajs, we in poland usually use one fly and we call
this techiqe "na zbója". hej
FlyBandit

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 12:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Dropper fly in seatrout fishing Reply with quote
Pike wrote:
Has anybody tried to use dropper fly for sea trout fishing? I always use only one point fly but I am interested if it is possible to use second fly. thanks a lot

Hi Pike!

I don't know what you mean by dropper fly. Do you mean 2 flies on the leader? Rolling Eyes
Pike

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
FlyBandit: Yes, you are true. 2 flies on leader. But I will prefer only one. We are going to Denmark today, so we will see. I hope some good sea trout will be caught
Martin Joergensen
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Pike wrote:
FlyBandit: Yes, you are true. 2 flies on leader. But I will prefer only one. We are going to Denmark today, so we will see. I hope some good sea trout will be caught

Pike,

Spring is here, and you may be lucky to run into some good weather! Post some pictures when you get back.

Martin

FlyBandit

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I only use 1 fly, but I know that others also use 2 flies. From norwegian flyfishing magazines I've read positive articles about using 2 flies. It's called "Opphenger".

My favorite fly for the night fishing is "SeaDuctive". It's very important that the fly is floating. Strip it gently home. Stop and wait for the take. It will make a perfect silluete against the sky.

My favorite fly for the daytime fishing is "Superflua". It's an illusion of a small fish. Very simple to tie. Consist of 6-7 cm of superhair bound on a tube and fished with a treble hook.

When the fish is sip-riseing you should try "Pink Shrimp". Small hooks. # 16-10. My experience is that the seatrout could turn selective during daytime and Pink Shrimp will solve the task.

I don't know if this is the recipe in Denmark, but it surely function on the south coast of Norway. Put some olive and brown wolly buggers into your fly box as well and off you go.

You'll find pictures of the flies on my web-page. Superflua is shown on my last video. Wink
Pike

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 8:27 am    Post subject: Visiting Denmark Reply with quote
Hi Martin,
I came back this morning and we spent beautiful time on Fyn. We took part in Open Sea trout competition and one of my team mate was 9th with fish 62 cm long and 2,30 kg in weight. I caught only two fish (better one was 50 cm) but I am very satisfied and I like Denmark at all. We lived in Healnas camp a visited Odense Fjord, Toro, Kolding etc. We also met Steffen Henchely and had a talk with him. The book he wrote about Fyn and best spots for sea trouts is excellent and helped us a lot. Good job is done in his organization.
To summarize it, approx. 40 - 45 fish were caught by our group of 8 flyfishermen in 3 days.

morjak.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  59.93 KB
 Viewed:  468 Time(s)

morjak.jpg

Martin Joergensen
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 10:02 am    Post subject: Good trip it seems Reply with quote
Pike,

It seems like you had an excellent trip to Denmark. I have been at Helnaes a couple of times and fished on Fun a dozen times. It's a really nice island with lots of good opportunities for sea trout fishing.

Glad you enjoyed your stay here.

Martin

Pike

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 2:25 pm    Post subject: Sea trout in Denmark Reply with quote
Martin, thanks.Yes, it was perfect. Beautiful countryside, nice people, interesting architecture, wonderful fishing. The fish we saw in Go fishing in Odense was unbeliaveble. Silver fish in perfect condition. Last year I spent a week on west coast of Sweden and I would say, that chance to catch a big fish is bigger in Denmark. So I would like to come back again in September. See also attached file with one of our most successful fly

100_0455.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  89.5 KB
 Viewed:  462 Time(s)

100_0455.JPG

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Global FlyFisher forum frontpage -> Fly fishing - Fish Better All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: