View topic - Organized fishing trip or meeting - Discussion forum and board - Global FlyFisher

GFF logo

Organized fishing trip or meeting
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Global FlyFisher forum frontpage -> Fly fishing - Fish Better
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vanuz

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 11:59 am    Post subject: Organized fishing trip or meeting Reply with quote
...just been wondering if you (Martin) have ever considered organizing a GFF fishing trip for a small group of the GFF members. Or maybe just a meeting or so...
It obviously applies to those from Denmark in this case. Speaking for myself, I would like to meet and know some of you and learn anything that can be learnt. Rolling Eyes
Martin Joergensen
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 8:57 pm    Post subject: Fishing together Reply with quote
Vanuz,

I have never considered organiszing anything in the name of GFF, but I have certianly been fishing with many of the GFF visitors and friends during the past years -- both in Denmark and abroad.

Sure, it would be a great idea to go ishing together, and since partner Steve has mentioned the possibility that he might come over to Denmark this spring, that might give us a perfect occasion to arrange something.

I'll see what plans I can make and keep you all posted through the site.

Anybody else who could be interested in a joint ishing trip in Denmark? Preferably on the coast of Sjaelland, but not excluding a Jutland or Funen coast or stream.

Martin

vanuz

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 9:22 pm    Post subject: great Reply with quote
That will definitely be worth a try, I am sure the others would appreciate that as well...
I understand you´re rather busy person, nevertheless I hope you´ll manage to arrange it.
Should you need a hand, just let me know (I can hardly imagine how to help, but anyway... Laughing )
Biocronicle

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I think it's a genious idea!
I know there would be a bunch of people from Sweden that's interested in this.

AND it would give Gff a big bunch of article/photo material.
I guess Seatrout fishing would be preferable, after all it think that many with me are interested in the fishing that Martin writes so much about!
best regards

Hanzie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 10:24 pm    Post subject: Count me in Reply with quote
Hi Vanuz,
great idea.
On the ROFF (rec.outdoors.fishing.fly) newsgroup often so called 'Claves' are organised. I joined 2 of them organized by Roger Ohlund. Bet some of you know him (it's a small ff world). They were held in the very Northern part of Sweden. It took me 4000 km to drive there from Holland! But what a big fun to spent a week with people from Finland, Sweden, France, USA, Australia, sharing the same interest. Only to look at all those different flies in the flyboxes.
Of course the 'meeting' should not necessarily be for a whole week. A weekend would be fine too. I'll leave that up to Martin.
Anyway: if I could, I would certainly join the club.
If any help is needed (I too would not know how, but anyway) let me know.
What I do not ubderstand: over 300 people looked at this post, but not 5 reacted.....??!! Rolling Eyes

Mad Dog

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well you can count me in! It would be indeed a great happening and excellent platform to share experiences (for those you can share, of course Smile .
Michael Skjoldborg

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I would like to come too and join the "happening"!
7 and counting... Wink

See you soon, Michael

vanuz

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 8:21 pm    Post subject: ...happy to get it moving.. Reply with quote
Very Happy Finally it has been kicked off... GFF Partners, have you got anything to say? Very Happy
Martin Joergensen
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 7:46 am    Post subject: GFF Summit: Call for votes Reply with quote
vanuz wrote:
Very Happy Finally it has been kicked off... GFF Partners, have you got anything to say? Very Happy

Vanus, Guys,

Sure we have!

I will see what I can do regarding a GFF Clave here in Denmark. As far as I remember a clave has to have people from several countries and preferably some from far away (thousands of miles/kilometres), but we will be willing to let anybody in... even locals. Let's dub it the GFF Summit 2006.

Let us start with a small informal vote (I actually think this board has a voting system, but it's not activated)

Let's hear it for three alternatives. All go to the Danish coast somewhere - either Fun or Sjaelland I think. We can decide that later:

1) May - daytime fishing, garfish, sea trout. Probably the best fishing, but also shortest preparation time
2) June - morning and evening plus night. Some daytime fishing. Primarily sea trout. Time to prepare.
3) August/September - fishing possible 24h (almost), sea trout, mullet. More difficult fishing. Even more time to prepare.

I imagine a weekend-long gathering based in a place where we can camp and/or maybe rent a cabin. A fairly low-budget self-catering type of arrangement.

What say yer?

Martin

Michael Skjoldborg

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 9:16 am    Post subject: Re: GFF Summit: Call for votes Reply with quote
Martin Joergensen wrote:

What say yer?

Option 3.

On the other hand I'm arranging a competition on the 20. of May. It is a schoolprojekt and you can read more about it her: http://www.oddesund-open.dk.
You can catch seatrout and garfish and win prices for about 7.000 DKr. And I'm quite sure, Martin has never fished in this area of Danmark before. Wink There's a youth hostel and camping not far away.
Not that far away you can fish pike on the fly, if you are interested in that.
See more about the area on this Google map

Anybody interested? Depending on how many people are coming, 3 or 4 could live at our place. At the school I could ask for the facilties to watch "fishingmovies" or listen to Martins stories.

Otherwise: option 3.

See you soon, Michael

PS: Regarding the "different countries criteria": I'm one of this "førstegenerationsindvandrer" / immigrants, pølsetysker/"sausagegerman". Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
DistantStreams

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 1:01 pm    Post subject: Yeah baby! Reply with quote
O yes, this is right up my alley, count me in for this winning ticket.
Immigrants? I must be rated somewhere under this title somewhere in mid-section!

GFF conclave sounds an excellent idea and I am to interested in Martins special "dits" and "epic stories".

So as for time of year? Any suits me.
Fyn is a good option. Centrally located.

So, here's my ticket. Count me in Martin.

Phew...was it hot today or was it just me? Can't figure out which!

Ripley "of the yard".

2010 Mongolia
2011 North Pole: Anglo-American Trans-Arctic Expedition

www.mongolia2010.com
taff

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Guys,

This sounds like a fun idea. Would love the opportunity to fish in Denmark again and meet up with a few like minded fisher folk.

June or August would suit me best, May- Bonefish, July- Salmon, September- Getting Married. Hmnnn! Cant wait!

Low budget option sounds great. Future Missus busy getting rid of my spare cash!
Mad Dog

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
For me June or September are good
Low budget / camping perfect
Pike fishing can be fun
I'll be coming from Belgium so 2000 km back & forth and might bring a friend along from Paris and I'll bring some belgian beer! Very Happy
Biocronicle

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I say option two beacuse im going doing my 10months long military service starting 31of july. I also think we should take the good thing with july in mind, sitting on a beach, resting, lying about fishes we never caught and drinking beer during the hot summerdays. (ofcourse it will rain)
vanuz

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
> June - September sounds good to me.
> camping - no objection Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Global FlyFisher forum frontpage -> Fly fishing - Fish Better All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: