View topic - SWFF Sea Trout help... - Discussion forum and board - Global FlyFisher

GFF logo

SWFF Sea Trout help...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Global FlyFisher forum frontpage -> Fly fishing - Fish Better
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wiggy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:56 pm    Post subject: SWFF Sea Trout help... Reply with quote
Well, yesterday was one of those days when the tide was right, we were in the right place, at the right time but no fish. After eight hours, albeit in beautiful surroundings and with great company, all four of could catch was three smaller pollack and just get the occasional follow/small tug from sea trout.

Now the weather could have been better. Little wind, started off cloudy but got sunny after a while.

Tried pink, white and olive shrimp flies. Sandeel imitasjons but nothing.

Now I've quite an extensive experience SWFF for sea trout, but such days really do make me wonder what else I can do?! In retrospect, I should have tried a long, thinner leader with a small shrimp. But didn't think of that at the time.

So what have worked for you guys in this kind of situation? What breaks 'the code' when all else fails?

Martin Joergensen
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Wiggy,

Some days things just don't work. I personally think it's because no fish are around, and you can change your tactics and flies as much as you want, but nothing will work.

Patience, moving location, taking a break, saving the energy for another day.
Some days are just blank, some are a feast!

Martin

Wiggy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have thought the same thoughts as yourself, Martin.

We had lots of patience, changed location multiple times, changed tactics, etc. It must have been 'one of those days'. The weather had changed quite dramatically that day, from heavy rain and wind the day before, to glorious weather the day we fished. I had thought that this could have effected the fish.

Well I'm going to try my luck this evening, and am hoping that lady luck will be on my side this time.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Global FlyFisher forum frontpage -> Fly fishing - Fish Better All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: