View topic - Organized fishing trip or meeting - Discussion forum and board - Global FlyFisher

GFF logo

Organized fishing trip or meeting
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Global FlyFisher forum frontpage -> Fly fishing - Fish Better
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Martin Joergensen
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Les wrote:
I am very much looking forward to meeting up for the Summit in September.

Is it allowed to bring my wife?? Are there trips, shopping etc for the ladies?

The trip is a 60th birthday treat (for me!) as it fulfills a long-held ambition. Here in Devon I fish saltwater for bass, but seatrout in the salt will be a real treat. I am tying Woolly Buggers by the ton (or is that by the tonne?).

Les,

A lot of us are looking forward to this trip!

And sure you can bring your wife! The shooping options are probably not going to be fantastic just nearby (wherever we will stay), but many of the cities on Fyn have nice centers and Odense - the main city - is well worth a visit or two, and probably no more than about 30 minutes away almost no matter where we wind up.

We're trying to set up the trip in a large house so that we can all sleet indoors. Lots of organisations have large houses with room and facilities for many. We're trying to get our hands on such a house.

Regarding the flies, I will make a list with gear and fly suggestions, but many of your wet flies for lake fishing will do fine - and Woolly Buggers always work!

I will return as soon as possible with further details.

Martin

DistantStreams

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 1:16 pm    Post subject: House Reply with quote
I am efforting the house as we speak.
I will inform you all of more details as I get them. At present my skovfoged (forest ranger), friend who owns the house and land is on his holidays.
I have spoken with him and all seems hunky dory and will no doubt be available for us "responsible" individuals.

In the worse case we can all crash on a camp site, again...which, I am efforting to arrange as plan "C" as a last resort.
Either way, we are sure of a great time, good fishing, company, drink and food.
We can sort something out with regard to the ladies. My wife loves the passtime of shopping and maybe she could arrange a few trips if the lady count doesn't exceed 5.

Again...Details follow.

Rip Van Tuesday

2010 Mongolia
2011 North Pole: Anglo-American Trans-Arctic Expedition

www.mongolia2010.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Global FlyFisher forum frontpage -> Fly fishing - Fish Better All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: