View topic - Greetings from BC Canada, again - Discussion forum and board - Global FlyFisher

GFF logo

Greetings from BC Canada, again

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Global FlyFisher forum frontpage -> About the Global FlyFisher
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rodney

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 7:50 am    Post subject: Greetings from BC Canada, again Reply with quote
Greetings all, I have been rather busy since I returned from DK back in June. We've been busy doing youth fishing camp, website work, and the odd fishing trips this summer back here. Wink

My thanks once again go to Martin, Kim, Ripley, Steve and Bill for a wonderful trip to Southern Jutland even though we came up fishless on the first day. I did manage to connect with a couple of brown trout up north after we left you guys. Smile Here is a brief video clip of what happened.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DN_r9MbTZf4

Back in May, I asked a few of you regarding garfish. Thank you for the advice once again, I ended up doing well in a couple of outings. Here is a clip of my frustrating hookset. Wink

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZF2wmV9Kos

Back in the summer, we did a flyfishing trip to the Thompson River for rainbow trout in BC. For those of you who are interested in fishing in BC, you may want to mix in a couple of days of dryfly fishing with the salmon fishing in September. The trout range between 40 and 55cm in length, fantastic on a 4/5wt. You can either dead drift a big stonefly nymph for them, or dry flyfish for them in early mornings and late evenings. Here are some photos. Smile

Our fall salmon season has been delayed by mother nature, it is just slowly picking up now. Overall, we are not expecting a big return of coho salmon this year. Here is a coho salmon that I connected with a few weeks ago.

Anyways, I am scheduled to be in DK once again from December 5th to February 6th. I plan to do a bit of pike fishing, a bit of perch fishing, and maybe a bit of sea trout fishing. Accepting free pointers now. Laughing I hope you're all enjoying the fall weather.

Best regards,

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Martin Joergensen
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 9:13 am    Post subject: Nice pics Reply with quote
Rod,

Good to hear from you! Got your mail, but my laptop decided to break down on me, so I never got around to answer.

Good to see that you're doing well and the fishing is good to you and Nina.

Let's get together when you come to Denmark again. Pike sounds fine unless there's ice on the lakes...

Martin

Rodney

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hey Martin, so I am scheduled to arrive in a week from now, and I have been watching the daily temperature of Copenhagen very closely. Wink It is rather warm! Very Happy

Vancouver on the other hand, has been going through what most of you saw in the movie "The Day after Tomorrow".

Since my last post, we were greeted by multiple days of heavy rainfall after five months of drought. In Chilliwack, where many of you have fished, they received over 100mm of rain in 24 hours! The watershed was completely flooded and many houses were damaged. As a result, this has further created another barrier for our returning salmon, which have not been many this season.

Photos of the flood!

Chum salmon are typically shallow spawners so the flood pushed most chums onto trails and roads. We performed a chum rescue mission... Wink

Over 100 chums were netted and returned to the main channel.

This weekend, we are experiencing the earliest winter snow storm since 1975. Rolling Eyes Since last night, 30cm of snow has fallen.

As you can see, I have not fished since late October! Surprised Time to get some perch and pike. Wink

I'll send you an email when I arrive in DK.

Cheers all.

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
vanuz

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 11:34 am    Post subject: rodney Reply with quote
hi guys, should you do some fishing on Sealand over the weekends, I´d love to join you as long as it is not a "private ride" Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Global FlyFisher forum frontpage -> About the Global FlyFisher All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: