View topic - Seatrout in August - Discussion forum and board - Global FlyFisher

GFF logo

Seatrout in August

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Global FlyFisher forum frontpage -> Fly fishing - Fish Better
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marco Racchi

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 6:02 am    Post subject: Seatrout in August Reply with quote
Hello everyone and thank you Martin for the registration. My name is Marco and I'm from Italy. I will be in Billund with a friend flyfisherman and our families for a couple of days in august (23-25) mostly for a short vacation at Legoland with our families. Nevertheless knowing about seatrout fishing in the area whe have, under suggestion of a common friend that came to denmark in spring, made our fishing licence for Fyn and plan to spend some time there fishing. The suggestions received were to fish after sunset or before dawn (and this matches also the requirement of the family trip Smile ).
So I am here on this forum for suggestions, tips or even company if someone of you guys wants to join on our first danish experience.
Thank you all

Marco
Martin Joergensen
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Marco,

Welcome to GFF!

It sounds like you have a good plane, and fishing at night is definitely the right plan this time of year. You will generally have to stick to pints and places with deeper water. The whole Lillebaelt area has a lot of places, which are suitable.

Make sure you take the wind into consideration, because you are fishing the ocean. and you don't want a head wind!

For Fyn you should check out the 117 Fine Fishing Spots, a booklet available in several languanges. It can be bought locally or ordered online.

This site http://www.seatrout.dk/ has a lot of info and links to these booklets, which you can buy here http://www.visitfyn.com/modules/eshop/?langcode=en

Hope this helps.

Martin

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Global FlyFisher forum frontpage -> Fly fishing - Fish Better All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: