View topic - Silicon flies.... - Discussion forum and board - Global FlyFisher

GFF logo

Silicon flies....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Global FlyFisher forum frontpage -> Fly tying - Tie Better
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dada

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 10:33 pm    Post subject: Silicon flies.... Reply with quote
Hello there,
I used to fish with very small trouts streamers or modification of them, before I went to Costa Rica. There I ve seen different type of fly fishing and I learned to tye new types of flies and silicon was one of the best..... Nobody doesnt know in Europe especially in czech. And I hope, that siliconll help me a lot.... Thanks Mr. Peter G. for everythink.....
Philly

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Dada:
I've been using silicone flies for several years. The ones you posted under the pike patterns are what we along the Mid-Atlantic/Northeast coast of the U.S. call Siliclones.
You might find this useful. Tying instructions by the orignator of that fly pattern, Bob Popovics. Step by step instructions with pictures plus some background on it.

http://www.aswf.org/saltwater_flies_for_web/bob_popovics/saltwater_flies_bob_silicl.html

For your amusement here's a couple of patterns that I tie up in that style. These I use in fresh water for bass, pike, musky, pickerel and snakeheads. Two are tied on weedless hooks. I'm still learning how to use the digital camera so the quality of the pictures aren't that great.

Pike_Bass_Snakehead.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  181.65 KB
 Viewed:  782 Time(s)

Pike_Bass_Snakehead.jpg

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Global FlyFisher forum frontpage -> Fly tying - Tie Better All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: