View topic - Turkey, Greece, fly fishing? - Discussion forum and board - Global FlyFisher

GFF logo

Turkey, Greece, fly fishing?
Goto page 1, 2  Next 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Global FlyFisher forum frontpage -> Fly tying - Tie Better
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dada

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 12:00 pm    Post subject: Turkey, Greece, fly fishing? Reply with quote
Do you have any informtion about fly fishing in Turkey or Greece? Ive read book written by Joe Prosek and I saw there a plenty of trout spieces in these countries. Iam very interesting to visit them with my fly rod. So do you know anythink about it?
Feridun

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hello Dada, I`m from Turkey and living in Norway now. Smile
There is a lot of beautiful places in Turkey for FlyFishing. An example Blacksea Coasts (Karadeniz) you can catch Seatrouts. In West Turkey Aegean Sea; between Bodrum and Selcuk there is big rivers for trouts.
My Favorit place is the "Abant Lake" between Bolu and Düzce called 7 Rivers-Trouts-Paradise !
Here, I found a page for you, A to Z Fish types of saltwater and freshwater in Turkey.

http://www.oltaciatlas.com

Last edited by Feridun on Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Wiggy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Feridun, whereabouts in Norway are you living?
Feridun

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hei Wiggy Very Happy I`m from Stavanger. You from Mandal? very nice place!
If you are here or near Stavanger you can call me and we can go to the seatrouts Idea

Tight Lines
Wiggy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yeah, sounds like a good plan.

And if you're down this way, drop me a line and I can guide you to the big one's Laughing

So have you had any big ones recently. I've had loads of 500g and the biggest around 1.3kg. There was a 3kg sea trout caught about an hour after I had fished the same place, typical!

Ostsee-Silber

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hej Feridun,

did you tried for seatrout on Kvitsoy?

Please love every fish and handle with care, our grandchildren maybe like to cast too...with hope.
Dada

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 3:52 am    Post subject: Amazing.,.. Reply with quote
When I posted this topic, I was just hoping that Ill find somebody who has beeen there or who is from there!!!! Thanks you very much, Feridun!!!! Could you tell me more? Or send some pictures? Bacause Iam any information will be great! Or you ll go with us Laughing ! So could you tell me more about Abant lake??Is there safe? How far is it from Antalia or Ankara? Thank you so much!!
Best regards Dalibor
Feridun

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
@Ostsee-Silber: YEAH ! Kvitsøyfjorden is my Favorit Place LOL!!! and Kvernevik Very Happy

@Dada: ABANT is near City "BOLU" is far 100 km from Ankara. Antalya between Ankara 300 km. I can give you more informations, you need only a #7/8 class Rod and you can catch every fish in Turkey. There is sooo many places Smile
What kind of fishes are u interrested? tell me so i can give you more details and direction Idea
Dada

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hello dear Feridun,
Iam very interesting in trouts and pike or perch, zander whatever. But mostly trouts, do u mean that Ill find them there. iam gonna check the position of locality you wrote on google and Ill see...What you mean about the best time of season, when Ill go there? We are planning during summer but iam little bit afraid about watter. what you mean?And another question what about safeties there?Thanks D.
Feridun

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Dear Dada, you can look in Google-Earth
Summer Time and all saisons works very well ! But take all your FlyFishing equipment with you, its too expensive there Smile

Latitude: 40° 1'9.14"N
Longtitude: 31°38'35.87"E

Off course there is SAFE ! You are not in Iraq Very Happy There is no different between where you live now and Turkey Smile

Greetz
Dada

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 9:27 pm    Post subject: Thanks again... Reply with quote
Feridun, I did what you recommend, it looks like very interesting, but very big and Iam a little bit nervous... What is it? Lake or dam? How is it looks like with roads around? What fish Ill expect in lake and in rivers? I know that Ive still a lot of questions but thats me and I very appreciate any informations form you!!! You are welcome in Prague Laughing
Atli

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi Dada, you might try this site:
http://www.turkishliving.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=69
/atli
Atli

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Or this:
http://www.fethiyetimes.org.uk/cms/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=11&Itemid=85
/atli
BURKALA

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 8:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Amazing.,.. Reply with quote
[quote="Dada"]When I posted this topic, I was just hoping that Ill find somebody who has beeen there or who is from there!!!! Thanks you very much, Feridun!!!! Could you tell me more? Or send some pictures? Bacause Iam any information will be great! Or you ll go with us Laughing ! So could you tell me more about Abant lake??Is there safe? How far is it from Antalia or Ankara? Thank you so much!!
Best regards Dalibor[/

Hý Dada

I believe I can help you out with your inquiries regarding trouts of Turkey. I am residing in Turkey and have fished trout in most parts. Feridun has actually guýded you to one of the popular areas of Turkey; the Abant lake. Its an alpine natural lake located north western part which actually Prosek mentiones in its book. Its an endemic one ( only found in this lake ) and grows to sizes up to 60-70 cm, only one of many beutiful trouts found in Turkey. You can actually make better use of the Prosek s book regarding trouts
of Turkey, which I d highly advise if youd like to learn more about them.

By the way, please keep in mind that there arent any extraordinary safety problems in Turkey. There are only localized security problems in the south east from time to time similiar to those that occurred in Spain and Ýreland in the past. So be confident in that matter.

May you have any further questions, I ll do my best to answer them

Burak
Dada

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 3:47 pm    Post subject: Many thanks Burkala! Reply with quote
Iam still thinkink abaut Turkey, but I am still not to sure..... Ive read a few pages in Proseks book and thats why Ive intereset to visit Turkey like a fly fisher... Laughing When is the best time of season in Turkey? Iam a little bit scared about summer, bacause of low watter....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Global FlyFisher forum frontpage -> Fly tying - Tie Better All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: