View topic - Fishing Fyn and surroundings - Discussion forum and board - Global FlyFisher

GFF logo

Fishing Fyn and surroundings

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Global FlyFisher forum frontpage -> Fly fishing - Fish Better
View previous topic :: View next topic  
horstmann

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 4:59 pm    Post subject: Fishing Fyn and surroundings Reply with quote
Hello guys,

I do have some questions about fly fishing on fyn in march or april.
Would you recomment the west os the east coast of fyn? On my last trip one danish person told me that the west coast is better in september and october and the east coast is better in march and april. What is your opinion? Would you sign that?

I would like to have a week of fishing with a few friends of mine and we do not really know where to go at which time...
Some say Odense Fjorg should be great in march - the others say the whole west coast should be brilliant to that time.

Do you have connections to guides or locals who can introduce us to the fishery on fyn and show us also other places which are not listed in the book "fishing guide fyn"?

Or do you have special tips for me and my friends?

Greetings from the very thankful

horstmann
PVJensen

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi Horstmann,

I live on the West coast of Fyn, and I did`nt complain last spring Wink
I think a lot of it comes from knowing your spots. If you know where to fish I don`t think the difference between the "two sides of Fyn" is that big.

A good advice would be to check up on this site Laughing

Cheers,
Peter

DistantStreams

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 9:32 am    Post subject: Best? Reply with quote
It really doesn't matter, which side is better.
All the coastline surrounding Fyn, and Denmark come to think of it, have sea trout.

There are no fences. Shocked

If you really want to know - your only going to find out by actually fishing and being flexible. It's all weather depending of course!
Some locals / guides will be the best source for information. The Fyn guide book is good enough but it lists a fraction of the good places that can be found. You can find sea trout everywhere at anytime.
I agree with PVJensen. I also live on the west coast and, no complaints from me about how it performed last year or still performs this year Wink

West, east, north, south?

Personally, I don't rate Odense Fjord that high.

Good hunting. Don't worry to much about where to fish.
Stay flexible and determined and have fun!

RD

2010 Mongolia
2011 North Pole: Anglo-American Trans-Arctic Expedition

www.mongolia2010.com
horstmann

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Quote:
I think a lot of it comes from knowing your spots. If you know where to fish I don`t think the difference between the "two sides of Fyn" is that big.

Well, probably this is the point and even the problem. Just reading the guide-book of fyn will not help to find those spots. And even in a whole week of fishing it could be happen not to find the fish. I think this is an experience nearly every Sea trout fisherman has made.

So that was my basic question. Do you know nice places to fish in march or april? Or do you have special tips for example when the water is extremely cold or extremely warm to that time? But I think we will get a looooong winter expecting the temperatures at the moment. Shocked

As a non-local it was to any time a little dream to know someone who gives me a call and says:" It is the best time right now - you should come and join the coastline of fyn!"

I would be very thankful if you have some contacts to locals or even yourself provide this little service for me. Laughing

@Ripley
Very interesting homepage. I did not expect a full time guiding service on fyn.

Greetings,

horstmann
DistantStreams

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 1:35 pm    Post subject: Contact Reply with quote
I tell you what...

You send me your email and telephone number and I will contact you when fishing hits the high points.

If I am free when you are here next, I'll take you to some of my known waters.
In addition...Drop me an email and I'll mention a few places you could try in March and April.

I'll also throw in some helpful advice on that will put you that much closer to sea trout.

Good enough for you?

Ripley

2010 Mongolia
2011 North Pole: Anglo-American Trans-Arctic Expedition

www.mongolia2010.com
PVJensen

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Horstmann,

PM your email adress, and I`ll send you some updates on the fishing this winter/spring. If you need a local while on the West Coast, I`ll take you to some of "my places"(could be the same as Ripleys Laughing ) if I`m not busy.

That should be the West Coast well covered Wink

Cheers,
Peter

horstmann

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hello Peter and Ripley,

I think we should have one or two days of fishing when I visit your nice island. Thanks for your responses and your prettiness to show me some spots.

I think you are really great guys.

See you,

horstmann

DSCN2247kleiner.JPG
 Description:
This one is from my last trip to fyn. I have been on Hindsholm but we had only little luck with the trouts. The photo is made at Gabet. Beautyful place but fishless to that time...
 Filesize:  66.4 KB
 Viewed:  430 Time(s)

DSCN2247kleiner.JPG

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Global FlyFisher forum frontpage -> Fly fishing - Fish Better All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: